The $10,000 EOG Invitational-- Who's making it in?

jam

EOG Veteran
Re: The $10,000 EOG Invitational-- Who's making it in?

how about a contest to get in this contest?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

One other note, there will be no EOG employee allowed in this contest..

Myself, John kelly, Kinger, Glisan, Viejo and Blondie are not eligible to partcipate

Not even one of my one-hundred ghosts?

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

For the record, I would accept an invitation.

Hope whoever wins is a generous sonsabeehive........

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
Re: The $10,000 EOG Inviational-- Who's making it in?

This could be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. You're picking sixteen posters, and basically telling all the other posters to fuck off. Why would they ever support EOG again? If I was an active poster here, which I'm not, and interested in participating, which I'm not, I wouldn't support a site that didn't give me a chance. This will be the only contest ever run that pays out a lot of money and in the end runs off a ton of posters.

Kinger - not true. I've been a member here for six years and made over 2,000 posts and only entered one free contest in six years. But I haven't supported the site in the last year and don't deserve to be involved.

I applaud what you're trying to do, but picking one poster over another is a slippery slope. Everyone loves the idea now, but when you start rejecting posters with thousands of posts, it's not going to end well. There will be resentment and jealousy, and there should be. You're giving away a lot of money.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Why extend a hand to other sites? Tuck said this is for the loyal EOG followers and posters.
I haven't seen Therx or any other site try to help out EOG. All they do at OGD is bash this place and everyone that posts here.

Maybe the winner would share the wealth a bit. I know if i am chosen to play (and win) i would take at least $500 and sponsor a contest here at EOG for everyone to play in.

Think you misunderstood. I think the other sites should do something like EOG w their followers. And then in theory we have top 2 or 3 from each site have a playoff contest for bragging rites.

And I already sponsored a contest here...

Tuckman

Uh Poster

And the posters who get "rejected" as you called it will be given a chance to win some money another way with a much easier chance then defeating a feild of 16..

This has been thought out a bit more then just this contest relizing there is more than 16 posters who deserve it..

Wade

EOG Master

kinger, invite me in pal. i never catch a break. :shoot:

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

And the posters who get "rejected" as you called it will be given a chance to win some money another way with a much easier chance then defeating a feild of 16..

This has been thought out a bit more then just this contest relizing there is more than 16 posters who deserve it..

Hats off to whomever thought of this.....................12io4j2w90

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Kinger - not true. I've been a member here for six years and made over 2,000 posts and only entered one free contest in six years. But I haven't supported the site in the last year and don't deserve to be involved.

I applaud what you're trying to do, but picking one poster over another is a slippery slope. Everyone loves the idea now, but when you start rejecting posters with thousands of posts, it's not going to end well. There will be resentment and jealousy, and there should be. You're giving away a lot of money.

We're going to try to take care of all our guys this football season. We'll have plenty of more for EOG posters.

cheapseats

EOG Master

This could be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. You're picking sixteen posters, and basically telling all the other posters to fuck off. Why would they ever support EOG again? If I was an active poster here, which I'm not, and interested in participating, which I'm not, I wouldn't support a site that didn't give me a chance. This will be the only contest ever run that pays out a lot of money and in the end runs off a ton of posters.

I do not think that is true. I was selected for whatever reason the EOG staff had in mind for the contest. Sure, I have been around here for some years, and sure, I post alot of useless stuff in the 100K thread, and sure, I do not post a lot of selections. But why would I be upset if I was not selected, EOG owes me nothing, and they owe nobody here anything either. It is a fun place to hang for sports talk and such, and I do not expect anything from EOG nor do I need to think they have to want me either. My feelings would not have been at all hurt if not selected, and yes, I am still in awe at being invited. EOG is making great strides with radio, twitter, facebook and all the contest that other forums have not. Again, they owe me nothing as a poster, and I never ever dreamed I would be selected, I don't roll that way looking for handouts and if not given, take my ball and move on and I certainly do not and would not hold a grudge against EOG for passing me by, who am I to think otherwise. JM2C

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Cheaper, you definatly deserve it for the contributions here, glad i was able to reach out over the radio last night with the invite, time was running out i had to sneek it in. Gl in the contest :cheers

Iona

EOG Dedicated

Clearly I have no shot at this and rightly so, but for me to get the well informed opinions of those that will be selected (Winbet, Winky, Fish, OSU, Onesweetworld,Cheapseats, Ray,Irishtim,Munson,AA,Clay,Heim,Carolina, Weinke, Micelli et al..) is a tremendous value.

Gents, I am looking forward to listening to you all. BOL.

PS: Tuck, I hope the picks will be at WA numbers at the time of the selection.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

hook me up tucker..kinger one time or I'll bagel your ass in str8 sets

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I feel offended that EOG didn't invite me. I'll never post here again. Done. :finger004

Buskie

EOG Veteran

I do not think that is true. I was selected for whatever reason the EOG staff had in mind for the contest. Sure, I have been around here for some years, and sure, I post alot of useless stuff in the 100K thread, and sure, I do not post a lot of selections. But why would I be upset if I was not selected, EOG owes me nothing, and they owe nobody here anything either. It is a fun place to hang for sports talk and such, and I do not expect anything from EOG nor do I need to think they have to want me either. My feelings would not have been at all hurt if not selected, and yes, I am still in awe at being invited. EOG is making great strides with radio, twitter, facebook and all the contest that other forums have not. Again, they owe me nothing as a poster, and I never ever dreamed I would be selected, I don't roll that way looking for handouts and if not given, take my ball and move on and I certainly do not and would not hold a grudge against EOG for passing me by, who am I to think otherwise. JM2C

too sum it up this post proves this contest is a good idea, this site has had its share of problems but its still here and in my opinion a lot better off then it was just a couple of months ago. The definition of success is a series of right little steps . I for one hope u do well cheapseats

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Not sure why it would not be open to all but good luck to the loyal suck ups in this contest.

I would love too see u in this contest, jackass

Put me in coach. If I win I'll have an EOG contest and put up the $5k

If you have 5,000 or more posts you get $5k if you win.
4,000-4,999 posts, you get $4k
3,000-3,999 posts, you get $3k
2,000-2,999 posts, you get $2k
1000-1999 posts, you get $1k
Need 1000 posts to get in.

Even better

250-1999 posts, you get $1k
Need 250 to get in.

brians

EOG Dedicated

Put me in coach. If I win I'll have an EOG contest and put up the $5k

1000-1999 posts, you get $1k
Need 1000 posts to get in.

Ugh - quantity is overrated. Quality is underrated

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

For the Record - I would make ONE somewhat Radical change for Round 1

Round 1: Best 8 records advance

No H2H because as we saw with the Stardust competition you can have someone advance going 2-5 because his opponent went 1-5-1 or worse and you can have someone eliminated who went 5-2 because their opponent went 5-1-1 or better. I'm sure we all recall the week Ken advanced going 2-5 when his opponent went 1-5-1. Ken felt awful about moving on - as he should have. Going 2-5 shouldn't be rewarded while 5-2 is punished.

First Round - I'd like to see T8 records advance and starting in Round 2 - NOW make it H2H

One more suggestion:

ANYONE going 7-0 in a week should get some sort of BONUS! With at least 30 picks to be made (Might be more if Rounds are allowed to finish in ties) there is a chance someone will go 7-0 but I'd bet a decent chunk of change NO ONE does. Anyone going 7-0 gets $500 donated to their charity no matter how they do the next Round (and if it is the Finals - still $500 Bonus to the Winner's Charity). We need to Reward Excellence and anyone going 7-0 did an Excellent Job.

In case you didn't listen to the radio show tonight.

This football season EOG is giving back to the posters! EOG is hosting a 16-poster, bracket-style football 'capping contest!

$5K to the 1st place winner

&

$5K to the charity of his choice

It's invitation only-- so PM Tucker if you want to be a participant-- or start sucking up to me and maybe I can get you in. I prefer the latter.

Cheapseats is the first poster to be officially invited. Tucker will announce the lineup next week!

Keyword is giving back to 16 posters, would of been cool to have something that was open to all like the LMS contest EOG hosted in past years

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

For the Record - I would make ONE somewhat Radical change for Round 1

Round 1: Best 8 records advance

No H2H because as we saw with the Stardust competition you can have someone advance going 2-5 because his opponent went 1-5-1 or worse and you can have someone eliminated who went 5-2 because their opponent went 5-1-1 or better. I'm sure we all recall the week Ken advanced going 2-5 when his opponent went 1-5-1. Ken felt awful about moving on - as he should have. Going 2-5 shouldn't be rewarded while 5-2 is punished.

First Round - I'd like to see T8 records advance and starting in Round 2 - NOW make it H2H

One more suggestion:

ANYONE going 7-0 in a week should get some sort of BONUS! With at least 30 picks to be made (Might be more if Rounds are allowed to finish in ties) there is a chance someone will go 7-0 but I'd bet a decent chunk of change NO ONE does. Anyone going 7-0 gets $500 donated to their charity no matter how they do the next Round (and if it is the Finals - still $500 Bonus to the Winner's Charity). We need to Reward Excellence and anyone going 7-0 did an Excellent Job.

I like the drama and intrigue of a head-to-head format.

Pool play steals some of that excitement.

WVU

EOG Master

PO is busy working up a charity proposal. He has a much better shot at 5k going that route

PO69

EOG Master

OK, I have waited long enough!

I will gladly accept an invite.

There are not too many posters with better posted records in the NFL over the past 10 years than I have had on these sites

PO69

EOG Master

Hell I would even have a contest if I won and give back most of the money in a contest to the posters

Tuckman

Uh Poster

PO, what charity would u be playing for? Would Save A Stray be an option?

PO69

EOG Master

Is the organization

"Breast Implants for Topless Dancers" a charity?

By the way, I think that you should have a short contest for the last 2 spots among any poster not invited who has over 1000 posts for instance. That would give everyone a chance.

Mammon

EOG Master

Maybe Po will pay me back my 800 if he wins:shoot: