Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Thanks Raiders for all the work, I got you penciled in as EOG Poster of the Quarter.

Guys like me that don't like this crap and won't watch Fox/CNN find it easier to just come by here to see what is going on.

Props to you, Archie, Top, Fair and some other guys that stuck more to giving out information than rooting for bodies.

MrTop

EOG Master
The federal government is likely to pass at least one more fiscal relief package, according to economists at Goldman GS Sachs, which is likely to include additional aid to state governments, more funding for small businesses, expanded unemployment benefits, and possibly another round of direct payments to individuals.

blueline

EOG Master
Washington Post has been fact-checking

Joe Scarborough

@JoeNBC

Trump’s claim that he imposed the first China “ban” is a lie. 38 other countries did before him or at the same time. And the US action had so many exceptions, that passengers from China still flooded in after the ban

“430,000 people arrived in the United States on direct flights from China since Jan. 1, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after Trump imposed restrictions. Moreover, screening proceedings of travelers from China have been uneven and inconsistent.”

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Joe Scarborough
@JoeNBC

Trump’s claim that he imposed the first China “ban” is a lie. 38 other countries did before him or at the same time. And the US action had so many exceptions, that passengers from China still flooded in after the ban

“430,000 people arrived in the United States on direct flights from China since Jan. 1, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after Trump imposed restrictions. Moreover, screening proceedings of travelers from China have been uneven and inconsistent.”
Three words that describe his presidency perfectly - uneven and inconsistent.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
looking for light at end of tunnel with this and trying to allow myself hope that we'll see some sports in a 5-6 weeks. As we see countries like Spain and Italy trend downwards over chunks of days.

But was thinking about the fact that Spain and Italy are basically the size of very large and medium sized states in the US and realized I can't extrapolate their time line to our timeline.

So When things ramp down in states like New York, New Jersey, Conn, Pa ect

how will governor's in those states react to states further away that are starting to peak? I'm afraid they will be too over cautious and keep things locked down based on overall #'s if even if the problem is 500+ miles away.

for perspective. Our top 33 states would be big enough in square mileage to be in the top 100 countries square footage list.

Italy is 116k square miles, Spain is 195k square miles...Texas is 261k and California is 155k

Valuist

EOG Master
looking for light at end of tunnel with this and trying to allow myself hope that we'll see some sports in a 5-6 weeks. As we see countries like Spain and Italy trend downwards over chunks of days.

But was thinking about the fact that Spain and Italy are basically the size of very large and medium sized states in the US and realized I can't extrapolate their time line to our timeline.

So When things ramp down in states like New York, New Jersey, Conn, Pa ect

how will governor's in those states react to states further away that are starting to peak? I'm afraid they will be too over cautious and keep things locked down based on overall #'s if even if the problem is 500+ miles away.

for perspective. Our top 33 states would be big enough in square mileage to be in the top 100 countries square footage list.

Italy is 116k square miles, Spain is 195k square miles...Texas is 261k and California is 155k

But both Italy (60 million) and Spain (46 million) are more populated than any single US state. California is tops around 40 million. Population density is clearly the big factor, as NJ and NY are the two most densely populated states.

mr merlin

EOG Master
But both Italy (60 million) and Spain (46 million) are more populated than any single US state. California is tops around 40 million. Population density is clearly the big factor, as NJ and NY are the two most densely populated states.
That and mass transit are clearly the big factors.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I agree, he has to call out the fake news.

And He knows just who they are.

If he doesn't know them, He asks, WHO ARE YOU WITH ?

Remember, a lot of the FAKE NEWS Reporters will be Fired, if they do not Report FAKE NEWS.

Especially CNN.

Jeff Zucker will Fire you, if you Tell the Truth.

He's done it before.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Joe scarbourough, are you kidding me? LOL

Scarborough is a VIRUS.

All by Himself.
Joe Scarborough
@JoeNBC

Washington Post.

Joe Scarborough.

2 Pandemics !

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

the above speaks to the what the peak in a specific area looks like.

what I was talking about, was the timing of it.

the spread rate over longer geographical areas will take longer.

I'm trying to picture what Illinois will look like on April 30 or May 25 vs what it might look like in other places like Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma ect

mr merlin

EOG Master
I don’t think I’ve ever seen his show.
I haven't seen it in years, but fox shows plenty of clips mocking him. The bottom line is joe is a fraud - he used to be a republican congressman(a fairly conservative one too) for christs sake, it's hard to tell if his being a republican was a fraud or his current far left act on MSNBC is. I guess it doesn't matter.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
California has done a great job

have their been reports of them doing anything with their huge homeless encampments or reports of infections hitting those populations?

railbird

EOG Master

high density is a factor, but China Iran, NYC are all flooded with chinese immigrants. irvine in orange county is hard hit, and it is urban sprawl, but they have 34000 chinese. IT comes from "Chyna"

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
irvine in orange county is hard hit, and it is urban sprawl, but they have 34000 chinese. IT comes from "Chyna"

do they have a lot of chinese in Alabama and Kentucky? residents of those states are more likely to die from the Rona than a Californian

People in Mississippi are about twice as likely to die of Covid19 than a CA resident

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Let's see if I can do another Warner impersonation at the height of this terrible Tuesday.

"If you thought NY felt optimistic that they were potentially hitting or were already past the Apex, you lost!" 731 newbie fatalities on Monday if my eyes serve me correctly, up from 599 the previous day. I tried to warn ( no pun intended) ya Andrew, I tried to warn ya.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Let's see if I can do another Warner impersonation at the height of this terrible Tuesday.

"If you thought NY felt optimistic that they were potentially hitting or were already past the Apex, you lost!" 731 newbie fatalities on Monday if my eyes serve me correctly, up from 599 the previous day. I tried to warn ( no pun intended) ya Andrew, I tried to warn ya.
Deaths are a lagging indicator, it's pretty clear they're peaking, either now or in the next few days, very good news.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Deaths are a lagging indicator, it's pretty clear they're peaking, either now or in the next few days, very good news.
I certainly hope so, but not an optimistic sign nonetheless. If this rate lags into tax week, it's not the news most will hope for at the start of this juncture.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
According to my "cracker jack" charting.

Assuming 7 day lag rate, the death count should rise till Saturday (quite sharply,. actually)

And then either plateau or slightly come down after

IMO we will see a 2K death day, but not 3K

kane

EOG master
Yet another embarrassing performance from Trump at yesterday's presser. He loves to answer the softball questions, but whenever he gets asked a tough question, it's the same thing every time, he'll interrupt the reporter mid question, say the question is nasty, call the reporter fake news, then go on a 5 minute rant about how great of a job he's doing, how his handling of the virus has been perfect, then tell some lies before going to the next reporter without ever answering the original question, and this goes on every fucking day