Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
The fact is no one knows, isn't that right? Now if you're in the hospital for weeks, are on a ventilator and they scan your lungs and find scarring(which apparently they are), sure, you'll likely have permanent damage. But to extrapolate from that that healthy people who dont or barely get sick, are going to have long term effects is ridiculous.

What I'm saying is we don't know, maybe people who barely get sick won't have any health issues long term, maybe not, right now there's no way to know, that's what I'm saying. I don't see how what I'm saying is ridiculous, I'm saying we don't know what potential health issues anyone getting it will have down the road, and we don't

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
I'm not going to worry about something that has no provable basis in reality. I deal in facts. I'll leave the irrational worry to timid bitches like you.

You really are fucking stupid.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
You have ZERO EVIDENCE that will happen. It's not even a high probability. Shit it's not even a low probability. It's a DISTANT remote possibility.

But here you are claiming it's something we really need to concern ourselves with.

kane

EOG master
You have ZERO EVIDENCE that will happen. It's not even a high probability. Shit it's not even a low probability. It's a DISTANT remote possibility.

But here you are claiming it's something we really need to concern ourselves with.

You're right, I have zero evidence long term health issues will happen, you also have zero evidence long term health issues wont happen. That's my point, we don't know, I've never once said there will absolutely be health issues for those with Covid, I've been saying all along we don't know, only time will tell

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
If Fla had 8000 cases today they likely had many times that undetecte
If Fla had 8000 cases today they likely had many times that undetected, they could have 50K a day getting it, in a couple weeks to a month or so they'll likely start running out of people, right. Considering they've likely already had 10% or more penetration even before this flareup.

i disagree on the masks, they are voluntary and should remain that way.

i disagree on the masks, they are voluntary and should remain that way.

Yeah I've been searching out the upbeat positive scientific and #'s based articles and ive not found any recently . Even a place line Sweden which should by far after the biggest inroads towards Herd Immunity are surprisingly far away.

I've see zero commentary that says "we'll run out of people"

But more importantly that running out needs to happen before the next Flu and other respiratory illness starts popping off, or hospitals will be a big issue again in the fall, these Covid cases just clog beds for such a long time.

kane

EOG master

How do you know it's a distant remote possiblity? Since this is the first time in history we've been hit by Coronavirus, what makes you think the way you do, what is your thinking based on?

kane

EOG master
kane- IL is almost open for everything. You still want the whole country shut down until at least July?

Never said that liar, more Fake news from you, I've posted constantly what I would be doing, you can keep lying and posting Fake News if you want though, it's all you're good for

I'm watching this briefing, they all say they're concerned, but are working on it, tracking it, etc. Then fauci comes on and is all doom and gloom. Trump needs to toss him in the dumpster.

They all say "young people are getting covid, and none of them are getting sick, it's terrible" doesn't sound that terrible.

When these false gloom and doom projections come in, it kills the stock market and economy.

Never said that liar, more Fake news from you, I've posted constantly what I would be doing, you can keep lying and posting Fake News if you want though, it's all you're good for
When did you say? I'll correct my statement if wrong. You said you wanted the whole country shut down. You never said it should be open even though I ask every other day.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yeah I've been searching out the upbeat positive scientific and #'s based articles and ive not found any recently . Even a place line Sweden which should by far after the biggest inroads towards Herd Immunity are surprisingly far away.

I've see zero commentary that says "we'll run out of people"

But more importantly that running out needs to happen before the next Flu and other respiratory illness starts popping off, or hospitals will be a big issue again in the fall, these Covid cases just clog beds for such a long time.
they ran out in NY,NJ, MAss, etc, etc. Arounf 25% of NYC residents had it , over 50% in certain area codes, that's why their numbers dropped, that forces the R 0 down to below 1(if it's below 1 it'll get better every day).

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Since hospitalizations are rising I would imagine deaths will rise somewhat in those states, likely not proportionally to what happened in the past. the goal is not to avoid all deaths, it' to do the right things . When we reopened it was known and expected that cases would rise, with the hope being it would be modest and manageable.

does this rhyme with "if you wear a mask you are a traitor"

or is it the sound of some bald headed asshat walking backward.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Those young that test positive are only a percentage of the young that are actually out there and positive right?

This is why testing and showing more cases, saves lives, even if it makes us look bad temporarily. I'd say it's worth it.

So just like recent history showed in March hotspots....young active and social people contracted the virus and unknowingly spread it to many others.

We don't have enough evidence to scientifically rule out a potential for a large increase in deaths in these areas in July.

Are you confident in your numbers to say we won't see an increase in deaths in FL or CA in July?

If I were a leader i'd err on the side if caution abd strongly recommend masks and tell people to consider staying home as much as possible.

Desantis, newsome, abbott seem to have some smart experts that know more than me surrounding them. Maybe they will get duped ALA trump/pence via Fauci. But they prob rightly see that as the safer of taking action on the two assumptions.

Erring on the side of caution has been politicized to robbing folks of their human rights.

Only in the USA though.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
You're right, I have zero evidence long term health issues will happen, you also have zero evidence long term health issues wont happen. That's my point, we don't know, I've never once said there will absolutely be health issues for those with Covid, I've been saying all along we don't know, only time will tell

The odds that there are long term effects from the virus itself are tiny. You would rather live in a mindset of improbable and fear. Keep pushing the unlikely to advance your paranoid agenda.

kane

EOG master
The odds that there are long term effects from the virus itself are tiny. You would rather live in a mindset of improbable and fear. Keep pushing the unlikely to advance your paranoid agenda.

You keep posting this, and I keep asking how you know this. Please tell me how you know the odds of long term effects are tiny?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
they ran out in NY,NJ, MAss, etc, etc. Arounf 25% of NYC residents had it , over 50% in certain area codes, that's why their numbers dropped, that forces the R 0 down to below 1(if it's below 1 it'll get better every day).

I thought maybe you were using the term "ran out" as a synonym for herd immunity but at those #'s you clearly are not.

and those numbers would not support a reduction in #'s like we saw in North East areas. The bigger variable for the R naught in those situations points to the extent of social distancing measures.

Again I've been trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel articles on this subject but. If you have somewhere to point me with evidence from people that make a living studying this sort of stuff, that says that 25,35,55% exposure is enough for herd immunity, I'd love to read about it.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
How do you know it's a distant remote possiblity? Since this is the first time in history we've been hit by Coronavirus, what makes you think the way you do, what is your thinking based on?

It is not the first time we've been hit by a coronavirus, moron.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Shut the fukk up child.

Covid is 6 months old.

I know you worked at the CBOE and recently re programmed your garage door opener but as far as Covid goes you don't know caution from the left cheek of your brain.

It's called data, dipshit. Something I deal with every day.

While you're panning for gold like a bum.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I thought maybe you were using the term "ran out" as a synonym for herd immunity but at those #'s you clearly are not.

and those numbers would not support a reduction in #'s like we saw in North East areas. The bigger variable for the R naught in those situations points to the extent of social distancing measures.

Again I've been trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel articles on this subject but. If you have somewhere to point me with evidence from people that make a living studying this sort of stuff, that says that 25,35,55% exposure is enough for herd immunity, I'd love to read about it.

well that's it for that.

Back to you Dr. Michael McFester.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

Not true. Bronx had 43% immunity over a month ago (maybe two months ago) according to random samples of antibody tests. That affects R0 a bunch. Doesn’t stop the spread at that percentage but certainly slows it. Herd immunity is simply when R0 gets to 1. But it continues to lower as more people acquire immunity. And the lower the R0, the slower the virus spreads.

Cuomo said that 66% of their cases came from people who were sheltered in place. And the majority of the cases came weeks after the shelter in place orders were implemented.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
. Herd immunity is simply when R0 gets to 1.

no, the RO will change based upon many variables.

many states have well below a R naught of 1 and they are nowhere close to herd immunity.

https://rt.live/

1 month ago NY had an R0 of .85 right now it is .97

how is it gone up almost 15% and closer to 1.0 again if that number is simply a function of immunity %'s?

Nevada at 1.52 currently. can you calculate how many people need to contract C19 before they get back down to 1.0 again?

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
no, the RO will change based upon many variables.

many states have well below a R naught of 1 and they are nowhere close to herd immunity.

https://rt.live/

1 month ago NY had an R0 of .85 right now it is .97

how is it gone up almost 15% and closer to 1.0 again if that number is simply a function of immunity %'s?

Nevada at 1.52 currently. can you calculate how many people need to contract C19 before they get back down to 1.0 again?

You should probably read your own link...

When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
You should probably read your own link...

When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

you should prob tell me where it says that R naught below 1.0 equals the term herd immunity.

Herd immunity is one variable. the more controllable variable is cutting off the infected person from infecting on average more than 1 person. ie. social distancing.

again. If NY had "herd immunity" one month ago, how are the approaching NOT having it again? They don't have LESS infected people

it's semantics but it is an important one, and not splitting hairs.

because real herd immunity is a passive action that just waits until enough people get infected to lower the transmission and R naught and voluntary social distancing is an active measure that has shown to bring a reduction of transmission quicker.

Herd Immunity-the resistance to the spread of a contagious disease within a population that results if a sufficiently high proportion of individuals are immune to the disease, especially through vaccination.
"the level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity varies by disease but ranges from 83 to 94 percent"

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Umm. From your own link, if below 1 stops the spread, then 1 is the equilibrium point.

People can travel or come into contact with people who don't live in areas where there aren't enough with immunity, you know.

I'll say it again. Cuomo said that 66% of their cases came from people sheltered in place. Is he lying?