Gambling 101.....Beating the closing line....

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
Re: Gambling 101.....Beating the closing line....

see thats a great question....both beatin close by 2 points

:pop:

A related question is this. Say, BW likes the over as in the example above. Game time line is 149 and he bet over 147. If the efficient market theory is true and I hypothetically offered him a chance to take under 152 right at tipoff, he should accept and flip flop his position. But would he or any other handicapper agree to this? I dont think so......

High Times

EOG Master

For example, if he bets over 147 and the line goes to as high as 151(where you bet the under) and it closes 149.

Going over 147 and going under 151 both would end up with a winning %

No doubt...

That is the MAIN reason it's better to Keep these decisions and not give away your profit by GIVING another Bettor the same winning % bet. Moving that far to even up you books is a huge losing proposition for the bookmaker.

And some still do it :+clueless

But that's my point. Not many people understand the math behind betting and bookmaking. And that's because they are intimidated by the Originators to the extent that it fucks them up and fucks up their business. Has happened many, many times .... bookmakers over thinking the originators to the point that they do things that are losing propositions.

:btj:

High Times

EOG Master

A related question is this. Say, BW likes the over as in the example above. Game time line is 149 and he bet over 147. If the efficient market theory is true and I hypothetically offered him a chance to take under 152 right at tipoff, he should accept and flip flop his position. But would he or any other handicapper agree to this? I dont think so......

He would instantly bet the under 152.

Going over 147 and under 152 is a huge money maker compared to just betting over 147!!!!!

No debating that!

And BW is all about making money.

This is also the reason he might win every year. Middlers/scalpers who get these numbers are living the life.....

No reason to gamble when the books are giving away money.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I think he would

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

He would instantly bet the under 152.

Going over 147 and under 152 is a huge money maker compared to just betting over 147!!!!!

No debating that!

And BW is all about making money.

This is also the reason he might win every year. Middlers/scalpers who get these numbers are living the life.....

No reason to gamble when the books are giving away money.

No, suppose he has to give up the initial over 147 bet in this example. Not going to allow him the middle. Will he choose his inital over 147 position or flip to under 152?

Ray Luca

EOG Master

That was for Rainbow to come in and say nobody in the history off mankind will do this again :lol

High Times

EOG Master

No, suppose he has to give up the initial over 147 bet in this example. Not going to allow him the middle. Will he choose his inital over 147 position or flip to under 152?

If his # on the game is 149 then yes he would come back on the under 152 and probably bet more on the under. No not probably he WOULD bet more on the under.

It all depends on what his # is on the game.

You will NEVER in LIFE win an ARGUEMENT with that guy he thinks he has all the answers when meanwhile he don't even have 1/3 of the answers about this industry, only in his own mind he does...

WTF? Dude, get a grammar lesson: you? he? Who are you fvcking talking about? A little tip I was taught in Holland about English: Line up your fvking antecedents so we know to whom you are referring.

No wonder the real English don't think you American wankers know the language...you don't.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Doesn't mean squat....tons of closing line tickets are in the South Point dumpster...Irish Tim and WVU cannot convince me otherwise...just because you get a better number doesn't mean you are a winner....can someone tell me the record for closing numbers in the NCAA Baskets Tourney?:shoot:

How do you define value? Beat the closing line by how much? You are saying closing numbers mean nothing but you do not know how they have fared in the Big Dance?

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted

WTF? Dude, get a grammar lesson: you? he? Who are you fvcking talking about? A little tip I was taught in Holland about English: Line up your fvking antecedents so we know to whom you are referring.

No wonder the real English don't think you American wankers know the language...you don't.

I often think about making a post like this, but then I remember it's a gambling site, and almost no one would get it.

I often think about making a post like this, but then I remember it's a gambling site, and almost no one would get it.

See, it's like this Ajay; I don't know if this dick-wad is dissing me, or High Crimes, or JJ the Depends guy, or YOU, or some nebulous phantom poster...

...if he's shitting on me, I'm on him like stink on JJ's diapers. But for now, I've no clue; he's just another shitty reverb in the EOG sound-box...

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted

For starters, I'd say rainbow is definitely in serious disagreement with you.

JJ too, but on a whole 'nother level.

Don't know about HT.

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Don't know about HT.

Yeah, OK...but let's let him say it clearly...if he can't that tells me something too...

...I'm pretty used to the fact that sports forumville is the the refuge of the room-temp IQ set...

rainbow

EOG Master

If you don't have no clue who I'm talking about in my other post I suggest you should do MORE reading in the FUTURE. Go back and reread my responce about 5 or 6 times and maybe you will then figure it out, but I highly doubt it...:+clueless

rainbow

EOG Master

Don't know about HT.

Just for the record, I was agreeing with him, but I guess he's too STUPID to realize that LOL..:shoot:

rainbow

EOG Master

I see now why I took a break from posting for a while...:lol

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

I'm buying a car from BW this week, I'm aware of his double moves, this should be a good chess match.

Beating the line doesn't make you a winner. Not beating the line makes you a loser. Take it from there.

rainbow

EOG Master

BW bet both sides of 3 different games today, its not that hard to figure out where his real money was...

High Times

EOG Master

Beating the line doesn't make you a winner. Not beating the line makes you a loser. Take it from there.

Like I said ....

Beating the closing line only concerns the Bettors that are MOVING those lines.

To everyone else you're just pretending to know what you're talking about. You have never experienced it over a long period of time and can only imagine it is true.

You either beat the line on every bet like the originators can or you're full of shit!

rainbow

EOG Master

Like I said ....

Beating the closing line only concerns the Bettors that are MOVING those lines.

To everyone else you're just pretending to know what you're talking about. You have never experienced it over a long period of time and can only imagine it is true.

You either beat the line on every bet like the originators can or you're full of shit!

100% agree...

If you don't have no clue who I'm talking about in my other post I suggest you should do MORE reading in the FUTURE. Go back and reread my responce about 5 or 6 times and maybe you will then figure it out, but I highly doubt it...:+clueless

I ain't got time to puzzle out shit sentences, dude. AND, if you noticed, other folks didn't understand your crappy writing either.

PLUS, I fvcking don't need wankers like YOU to agree with me anyway, as I GOD DAMN WELL KNOW of what I'm speaking!!!!

Take another fvcking break, dick-wad...this one ain't been long enough.

rainbow

EOG Master

I ain't got time to puzzle out shit sentences, dude. AND, if you noticed, other folks didn't understand your crappy writing either.

PLUS, I fvcking don't need wankers like YOU to agree with me anyway, as I GOD DAMN WELL KNOW of what I'm speaking!!!!

Who are u? You are real BRAVE behind a key board... I know MORE about this INDUSTRY in my sleep than you will EVER KNOW in a LIFETIME... END OF CONVERSATION... NOW GO CRAWL BACK IN YOUR HOLE...

High Times

EOG Master

Rainbow is one of the few posters that knows "right and wrong" when it comes to sports betting. You ain't fooling him

EVER

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

[TABLE]
<tbody>

[TD="colspan: 11"][h=3]COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Thursday, March 15th - NCAA TOURNAMENT - SECOND ROUND - Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh, PA[/h]
[/TD]

<th class="alignCenter" style="width: 25px;">Rot</th><th class="alignCenter" style="width: 85px;">Opener</th><th class="alignLeft" style="width: 320px;">Team</th><th class="alignCenter" style="width: 90px;">Time</th><th class="alignCenter" title="Score" style="width: 25px;">SC</th><th class="alignCenter" title="Status" style="width: 40px;"> </th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Hilton[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Mirage[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Station[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Pinnacle[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]SIA[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]SBG[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]BetUS[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]BetPhoenix[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]EasyStreet[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]Bodog[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Jazz[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Sportsbet[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]BookMaker[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]DSI[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]BetJamaica[/h]</th>

[TD="class: alignRight"]711
712[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]144.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignLeft"]

<nobr>NC Asheville</nobr>
<nobr>Syracuse</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]

3:25 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]147.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]148.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]-
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]713
714[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]134.0
[/TD]

<nobr>Southern Miss</nobr>
<nobr>Kansas State</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]12:40 PM
[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]134.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]133.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]135.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]136.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]134.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]715
716[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]132.0
[/TD]

<nobr>Loyola Maryland</nobr>
<nobr>Ohio State</nobr>

[/TD]

10:00 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]131.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]132.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]717
718[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]PK
[/TD]

<nobr>West Virginia</nobr>
<nobr>Gonzaga</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]7:20 PM
[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]-1.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]-1.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]-2.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]-1.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]+1.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 11"][h=3]COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Thursday, March 15th - NCAA TOURNAMENT - SECOND ROUND - KFC Center - Louisville, KY[/h]
[/TD]

<th class="alignCenter" style="width: 25px;">Rot</th><th class="alignCenter" style="width: 85px;">Opener</th><th class="alignLeft" style="width: 320px;">Team</th><th class="alignCenter" style="width: 90px;">Time</th><th class="alignCenter" title="Score" style="width: 25px;">SC</th><th class="alignCenter" title="Status" style="width: 40px;"> </th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Hilton[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Mirage[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Station[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Pinnacle[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page1" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]SIA[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]SBG[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]BetUS[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]BetPhoenix[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]EasyStreet[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page2" style="width: 80px;">[h=3]Bodog[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Jazz[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]Sportsbet[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]BookMaker[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]DSI[/h]</th><th class="alignCenter bookColumn" rel="page3" style="width: 80px; display: none;">[h=3]BetJamaica[/h]</th>

[TD="class: alignRight"]719
720[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]134.5
[/TD]

<nobr>Western Kentucky</nobr>
<nobr>Kentucky</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]6:50 PM
[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]136.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]137.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]721
722[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]+1.0
[/TD]

<nobr>Connecticut</nobr>
<nobr>Iowa State</nobr>

[/TD]

9:30 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]-2.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]723
724[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]153.0
[/TD]

<nobr>BYU</nobr>
<nobr>Marquette</nobr>

[/TD]

2:50 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]154.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]153.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]153.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]153.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]725
726[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]136.5
[/TD]

<nobr>Colorado State</nobr>
<nobr>Murray State</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]12:15 PM
[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]137.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]138.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]138.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 11"][h=3]COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Thursday, March 15th - NCAA TOURNAMENT - SECOND ROUND - The Pit - Albuquerque, NM[/h]
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]727
728[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]139.0
[/TD]

<nobr>South Dakota St</nobr>
<nobr>Baylor</nobr>

[/TD]

7:50 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]141.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]140.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]141.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]140.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]141.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]729
730[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]133.5
[/TD]

<nobr>Colorado</nobr>
<nobr>UNLV</nobr>

[/TD]

10:30 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]135.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]731
732[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]123.5
[/TD]

<nobr>Harvard</nobr>
<nobr>Vanderbilt</nobr>

[/TD]

4:50 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]124.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]123.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]124.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]123.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]124.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]733
734[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]115.0
[/TD]

<nobr>Montana</nobr>
<nobr>Wisconsin</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]2:10 PM
[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]117.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]118.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]117.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]118.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 11"][h=3]COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Thursday, March 15th - NCAA TOURNAMENT - SECOND ROUND - Rose Garden - Portland, OR[/h]
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]735
736[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]134.5
[/TD]

<nobr>Va Commonwealth</nobr>
<nobr>Wichita State</nobr>

[/TD]

7:20 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]737
738[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]151.0
[/TD]

<nobr>New Mexico State</nobr>
<nobr>Indiana</nobr>

[/TD]

9:55 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]156.0
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]155.5
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]155.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]739
740[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]133.0
[/TD]

<nobr>Long Beach State</nobr>
<nobr>New Mexico</nobr>

[/TD]

4:25 PM

[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]139.0
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
-
[/TD]

[TD="class: alignRight"]741
742[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight oddsOpener"]135.0
[/TD]

<nobr>Davidson</nobr>
<nobr>Louisville</nobr>

[/TD]
[TD="class: alignCenter"]1:40 PM
[/TD]

[/TD]
FINAL
[/TD]
[TD="class: alignRight bookColumn"]139.5
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Ok - let's grade the Big Dance for VD. What can we agree on? I say - if you beat the closer by 1 1/2 points on a side - you have value. 3 points on a total. I agree in some cases 1 point would have value. Now, this doesn't take into consideration how a person got it done. All I have here is openers and closers.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

NC Ash +
Sou Miss +
WVU -
Kentucky +
U Conn -
Murray +
UNLV -
Harvard -
Montana -
Davidson +

Ok - I have the first day moves at 5 - 5

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Totals for the first day

NV Ash over -
ISU over +
Colorado over -
VAC over -
NMSU over -
LBS over +
Davidson over -

Looks like 2-5 on the moves
All the plays on these went up in the price

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

This thread is beautiful in that there are two sides - each side saying they know what they are talking about . Well, here is a chance to prove the case. Document it - illustrate it - put it in black and white!!!!

Just saying - "Hey - I have been doing this for 30 years - I fvckn know"! Means nothing.

I'll grade the rest of the Big Dance if it helps us have a discussion ????

High Times

EOG Master

This thread is beautiful in that there are two sides - each side saying they know what they are talking about . Well, here is a chance to prove the case. Document it - illustrate it - put it in black and white!!!!

Just saying - "Hey - I have been doing this for 30 years - I fvckn know"! Means nothing.

I'll grade the rest of the Big Dance if it helps us have a discussion ????

Sorry but your completely wrong saying that a person that has been involved in this business for 30 years doesn't know what they are talking about. Some of us know exactly who is moving these lines and winning. The reason some of these clowns like to say beating the moves makes you a winner is because there are a FEW Bettors who are capable of just that. We know who is MAKING these moves and IS making money... and we also know how many other people are NOT making money following these moves.

Nobody cares about the followers. No followers are going to get the original lines so them claiming how they are winning beating moves is laughable. Some of us have booked to everyone and know how few Bettors actually win.

There are a handful of these Originators who win. There a few Middlers and Scalpers who also end up ahead. There are a few Bettors who can make money for a short time, but always go bad.

I don't care what a bunch of internet posters say they don't know what they are talking about. Plain and simple.

Again....

The only people that matter when this subject comes up is the FEW Bettors who are moving the lines. The rest are blowing smoke up everyone's a$$.

It's fruitless to think anybody else is winning betting moves. They don't exist. Most good Bookmakers wouldn't allow it in the first place. Only 1 Bettor gets the original line. The rest will lose following the moves.

High Times

EOG Master

The other fact is that only a Bookmaker in a major sports book knows who wins and why they are winning. Bookmakers have to know who to respect! It's their job!

If they say dealing to the originators is 95% of their job. There's a reason for that.

The only reason they even care about the other 95% of their Bettors is because they don't want to get 2 bets at the originators line. (double popped) Only the Originators get the original lines. All others will get stopped if they continue to try to get in on an Originators bet at the good lines. Like I said no Bookmaker is worried about his other Bettors... EVER!

Who are u? You are real BRAVE behind a key board... I know MORE about this INDUSTRY in my sleep than you will EVER KNOW in a LIFETIME... END OF CONVERSATION... NOW GO CRAWL BACK IN YOUR HOLE...

Well, it's not perfect, but at least I can understand what you are saying this time.

Right. Time spent in purgatory equals an education.

You geezers are really full of yourselves aren't you? Go yap with JJ, he'll talk with you. You can compare notes on walkers, colostomy bags, and such.

Time and technology has passed you by, mumble-peg, get used to it.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

isn't beating the line by a half point at -110 equivalent to betting the closing line at -105....therefore you are saying betting reduced juice doesn't matter...

This thread is an all-timer. If we're betting efficient markets then beating the line is valuable -- whether you're making one bet or a thousand. Just use a half point calculator and find out the particular edge you have for a side or total. That being said, it does not GUARANTEE success since you may have a 2%, 3%, or even 4%+ edge in a vacuum for any individual game, but if you're placing just 10 bets a week that edge may not manifest itself.

Case in point: say I'm beating the closing line to where I have a 3% flat edge on any particular game if played out infinite times. This is analogous to flipping a quarter with a 3% edge. I could flip that quarter a mere 10 times and come out on the losing end 8 out of 10. Easily. But if we flip it a million times then you'll start to see the 3% edge on my bets. It's all math, fuck the ignorance.

High Times

EOG Master

This thread is an all-timer. If we're betting efficient markets then beating the line is valuable -- whether you're making one bet or a thousand. Just use a half point calculator and find out the particular edge you have for a side or total. That being said, it does not GUARANTEE success since you may have a 2%, 3%, or even 4%+ edge in a vacuum for any individual game, but if you're placing just 10 bets a week that edge may not manifest itself.

Case in point: say I'm beating the closing line to where I have a 3% flat edge on any particular game if played out infinite times. This is analogous to flipping a quarter with a 3% edge. I could flip that quarter a mere 10 times and come out on the losing end 8 out of 10. Easily. But if we flip it a million times then you'll start to see the 3% edge on my bets. It's all math, fuck the ignorance.

It might be math, but it's not even close to reality. And what math are you using to back the claim beating the closing line makes you a winner. Anybody can look at results and say "I could have won" .. IF .. I did that...... That isn't reality and all of you know it!

Jesus on almost every fucking game you can use Pinnacles closer and get a point difference at another book and you continue with the "I have an edge" crap.

Are you serious?

According to you guys when Pinnacle has a -4 on a game and I can get down at -3 that would make me a winner without doing a thing. Winning is that easy? Again are you serious?

I can sit around and wait for a game where I can get a line that is 1 1/2 points off a Pinnacle closer and that is all I have to do? It's that simple.

Mother fucker I am a dumb fuck. All this time all I had to do was bet any game that is a point off the Pinnacle/Cris closers and cash ticket after ticket.

I am just amazed that some people think it's that easy.

Hey the math say's it is that easy. Can't ignore the math....

Even if it's useless

:+clueless