Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Meanwhile, attended my first Red Wings game in 6 years last night.

Little Casers Arena was sold out.

The Wings were basically a dead side, when Anaheim scored 3 goals in the first period.

Ultimately, they won 4-3, with all 3 wings goals coming off the power play.

Anaheim I believe was over a 250 dog, and the total was 6 shaded to the under.

Still, the Wings made a game of it and it was exciting.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Vikings are 3 behind Lions with 3 left but they pretty much control their Destiny's Child. Win out and Cowboys beat Lions at homedog where they are unbeaten, they got the Oliver North. I'd say no chance because Vikings have shit backup qb's but Lions have been inconsistent enough to give them a chance. Similar to Miami-Boston series. If Lions don't take them out this week, probably comes down to last game.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Vikings are 3 behind Lions with 3 left but they pretty much control their Destiny's Child. Win out and Cowboys beat Lions at homedog where they are unbeaten, they got the Oliver North. I'd say no chance because Vikings have shit backup qb's but Lions have been inconsistent enough to give them a chance. Similar to Miami-Boston series. If Lions don't take them out this week, probably comes down to last game.

Lions hold their own destiny. They have an unbelievable opportunity to hold the #2 seed if they can beat Dallas on the road Dec 30.

I believe they will split their games vs Minnesota.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Perhaps. But they better get Vikings the first time. Cowboys will be playing for their division. Vikings have an easy middle game.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Some Going Up 150 % .

The crazy thing is there was no communication from the Lions about this increase at all. When they sucked, there was always a letter trying to plead with people to keep their tickets, they are doing everything they can to win, etc.

This was the communication:

Thank you for being a Lions Loyal Member! We have felt your energy within Ford Field this season and your impact has truly made a difference in creating a home field advantage for your Lions. We are excited to welcome you back next year for another exciting season in 2024!

It is officially time to renew your Lions Loyal Membership for the 2024 season! You will have until Tuesday, January 16th to select your Early Renewal Option.

Renewal Option 1: Auto-Renewal Payment Program (Preferred Method)

• Easily breakdown your season ticket cost over 12 interest-free payments
  • Charges will occur on the 1st of every month and unless you opt-out, you will automatically renew each off-season starting on January 1st of each year
As a thank you for renewing your membership and enrolling in the auto-renewal payment program by January 16th, your account will automatically receive the below Early Renewal incentives, in addition to your 2024 Lions Loyal Membership Benefits, which will be sent later this offseason.

• Guaranteed Early Renewal Pricing
  • $100 In Lions Loot for the 2024-2025 season
Renewal Option 2: Pay-In-Full - Pay for your 2024 LLM Invoice in-full by 1/16/2024 to secure the guaranteed early-renewal pricing.
NOTE: By choosing the Pay-In-Full option, you will not be eligible the $100 Lions Loot incentive.

***IMPORTANT***

• By renewing your membership before 1/8/24, your account will automatically be entered into a random drawing for a chance to participate in a gameday experience for any 2023-24 Lions Playoff games held at Ford Field.
  • By choosing not to renew by the Early Renewal Deadline of 1/16/24, you are forgoing the early-renewal pricing and incentives for the 2024 season.
  • Club Members will have the opportunity to opt-into their complimentary parking pass included with their Membership for the 2024-2025 season at a later date.
To renew your account now, go to your www.MyLionsAccount.com or call your Membership Services Representative directly

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Great game by Lions, good to see Vikings sh*t the bed. SOL would have lost thay game. Now 1st home playoff game in 30 years....and let's get the #2 seed.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Great game by Lions, good to see Vikings sh*t the bed. SOL would have lost thay game. Now 1st home playoff game in 30 years....and let's get the #2 seed.
Huge pressure on this Lions team. One mistake, Wildcard, Division, or beyond and season kinda a waste. Homers will disagree that this season was about getting out of the cellar and establishing momentum, but make no mistake, Lions org is a 'Loser' or until they do something astonishing, will always be 'Losers.' Winning the division, then a playoff game, only to get bounced.....not good enough. Tough ask...

Dell Dude

EOG Master
So important Lions beat Boys. 2nd seed but also avoid San Fag until the NFC championship. It will be epic if Lions go to the Super Show on a last second fg against the 49ers. I have a vision of them showing Monte Clark praying in 1983 right before the kick in 2024. Maybe Monte's prayer will finally be answered.

boston massacre

EOG Master
So important Lions beat Boys. 2nd seed but also avoid San Fag until the NFC championship. It will be epic if Lions go to the Super Show on a last second fg against the 49ers. I have a vision of them showing Monte Clark praying in 1983 right before the kick in 2024. Maybe Monte's prayer will finally be answered.

Dallas/ Dak.

Complete Different Team at Home.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'll be on Lions. Not that I think they will win but a win would be yuge. Chance at #2 and #1. Would need Eagles and San Fag to lose again.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Cowboys have got problems. They are due to play a bad game in Dallas. Only thing making them elite. Average team on the road.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Maybe?

No. 1 seed in the NFC and first-round bye more realistic for Lions after 49ers' loss​

Detroit Lions fans have waited three decades for a home playoff game, so what's another week?

One day after clinching their division with a victory over the Minnesota Vikings, the Lions' path to the NFC's top seed, and the first-round bye that comes along with that, became increasing realistic when the Baltimore Ravens pounded the San Francisco 49ers into submission on Monday night.

The 49ers, who still hold the No. 1 spot by virtue of a conference record tie-breaker, fell into a three-way tie for the best record in the NFC with the Lions and Philadelphia Eagles with Monday's loss. If the three teams were to remain tied through the remainder of the regular season, the 49ers will get the bye.

The path for the Lions to secure the bye is to definitively overtake the 49ers in the standings. And the most obvious scenario for that to become reality would require the Lions to win their final two games — on the road against the Dallas Cowboys and at home vs. the Minnesota Vikings — combined with the 49ers dropping one of their two remaining matchups.

San Francisco has a strong chance of rebounding next week when they go on the road to battle struggling Washington, but a season finale against the Los Angeles Rams looms large. They're one of the NFL's hottest teams, having won five of their past six games to close in on their own playoff berth.

If both the Lions and 49ers win their two remaining games, the Lions would get the NFC's No. 2 seed, ahead of the Eagles, by virtue of a tie-breaker. That means the Lions would be guaranteed to host a second playoff game at Ford Field if they are able to advance out of the opening, Wild Card round.

At worst, with their 11-4 record, the Lions can't finish below third in the conference standings. Still, that means they'd have to go on the road if both they and the No. 2 seed win their opening postseason matchup.

Valuist

EOG Master
I jumped on Dallas minus 6 as its already heading to 6 1/2 several places. Dallas is a much better team at home; they actually played a pretty good game in Miami. Detroit is significantly worse on the road, as is Goff. Expect minus 7 by game time.

But that's only part of the equation. It's a terrible spot for Detroit; fresh off securing their first divisional title in 30 years, they are entitled to catch their breath. Playing for seeding? I've got news for you; nobody plays for seeding. Playing for the playoffs is one thing; but most athletes are not short on self confidence and believe their abilities (for right or wrong) can always overcome. Playing for a better seed just isn't a motivator.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I jumped on Dallas minus 6 as its already heading to 6 1/2 several places. Dallas is a much better team at home; they actually played a pretty good game in Miami. Detroit is significantly worse on the road, as is Goff. Expect minus 7 by game time.

But that's only part of the equation. It's a terrible spot for Detroit; fresh off securing their first divisional title in 30 years, they are entitled to catch their breath. Playing for seeding? I've got news for you; nobody plays for seeding. Playing for the playoffs is one thing; but most athletes are not short on self confidence and believe their abilities (for right or wrong) can always overcome. Playing for a better seed just isn't a motivator.

I would agree with you Valuist, this will be a let down spot for Detroit, aka, when Dallas went into Buffalo and was a complete no show.

Valuist

EOG Master
I would agree with you Valuist, this will be a let down spot for Detroit, aka, when Dallas went into Buffalo and was a complete no show.

Congratulations to you Lions fans. It's been a long time coming. I remember during the Barry Sanders days, the Silverdome was considered the loudest stadium in the NFL. Detroit has die hard fans and a legit HFA when the team is good.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Looking at the probabilities based on schedule, going into Week 17, the Lions have about a 14% chance at the #1 seed, 29% at a #2 and 57% at the #3.