2021 MLB thread

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I haven't been playing much baseball other than a few plays here and there, but today is a great spot to fade the Giants, SF is coming off the Dodger series and played last night, now they travel for a day game in Colorado, the line has dropped big time so a lot of value has been sucked out, but this is a really bad spot for the Giants. I was also planning on fading the Dodgers for the same reasons, the difference is they have Max going, to me that offsets everything, I so badly want to take the Cards, but fading Max never seems like a good idea, if it was anyone else but him I'm a Cardinal fan today, I just can't fade Max
And Max is from Mizzou also.,

boston massacre

EOG Master
I haven't been playing much baseball other than a few plays here and there, but today is a great spot to fade the Giants, SF is coming off the Dodger series and played last night, now they travel for a day game in Colorado, the line has dropped big time so a lot of value has been sucked out, but this is a really bad spot for the Giants. I was also planning on fading the Dodgers for the same reasons, the difference is they have Max going, to me that offsets everything, I so badly want to take the Cards, but fading Max never seems like a good idea, if it was anyone else but him I'm a Cardinal fan today, I just can't fade Max

a great spot to fade the Giants

planning on fading the Dodgers for the same reasons,

Always Fade This Poster, Like I Did, For Cash Purposes.

He Knows Sports Betting, Like He Knows American Patriotism.

Which is Nothing.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
a great spot to fade the Giants

planning on fading the Dodgers for the same reasons,

Always Fade This Poster, Like I Did, For Cash Purposes.

He Knows Sports Betting, Like He Knows American Patriotism.

Which is Nothing.

Kane is good. And he clearly said it was a no go on the Lad game because of Max. Can't judge a guy on one wrong pick

Valuist

EOG Master
Giants at Colorado today. So how many starts has DeSclafani made at Coors this year? Zero. In fact, how many career starts has Disco made at Coors? One. Over 6 years ago in July of 2015. He throws quite a few sliders. Could be vulnerable today.

Valuist

EOG Master
No on Nettles. Great defensive 3B. Had decent power but not enough power to overcome his low avg. It didn't hurt he had many great players around him.

Alcantara going against the Mets today. Decent sample size. In 119 plate appearances, he's only gotten 16 strikeouts. That's only about 13.5 pct. Based on those numbers, to get over the 5 1/2 strikeout prop, he'd need to face 40 hitters. And the under is plus money.

1631115480008.png

kane

EOG master
Kane is good. And he clearly said it was a no go on the Lad game because of Max. Can't judge a guy on one wrong pick
I have the idiot on ignore, so thankfully I never have to read his nonsense, but judging by your response it appears he posted about my Rockies loss, I wonder if he posted anything about the four college football plays I posted, since they were all winners my guess is no

kane

EOG master
Haven't been doing doing much in baseball, but took a shot with the Under 9 in the Tor/Yankee game

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Dude's hitting .159 on the season, what happened to him?

ESPN Baseball Analyst Tim Kurkjian thinks the problems all started with Bellinger tinkering with his swing before the 2020 season.

I think its always the girlfriend

kane

EOG master
Haven't been doing doing much in baseball, but took a shot with the Under 9 in the Tor/Yankee game
Jays leading 4-2 top 9, they score twice to take a 6-2 lead, bottom 9 still 6-2, 2 outs no one on base, Yanks hit back to back solo shots, final 6-4, betting Unders in baseball is so much fun

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Kris Bryant returns to Wrigley today. This will be interesting.

Now it’s official - Bauer is out for the remainder of the season, including playoffs.

Valuist

EOG Master
I know most will be focusing on the pigskin today, and I will too. A couple of MLB totals look interesting:

F5 Boston/White Sox Over 5 (-108)- Pivetta is just bad, and coming off the Covid list. Lynn is good, but coming off a terrible outing (21 game score) August 28 and went on the IL after the game. Any issues at all with Lynn and I'd expect a quick hook. The White Sox have to have Lynn at 100 pct for the post season.

F5 San Diego/LAD- the number is currently 3 1/2 but the over is heavily juiced. If the number hits 4, I'd be on the under. Scherzer in tremendous form, and after a rough start to the season, Snell is finally pitching to expectations.

kane

EOG master
I was hoping for a FF Under 4 in the SD/LA game as well, don't think it gets there, I made a small play on Under 7.5, seems like a 4-2 type game, Snell has been really good after a bad start to the season, and Max is Max

kane

EOG master
I don't even know how this is possible, but in the last 6 innings of baseball played between the Jays and Orioles, Toronto has scored 29 runs

Valuist

EOG Master
The Jays have now scored 33 runs in the last 7 innings against Oriole pitching, OMG

Unreal. If relegation were to come to MLB, the Orioles would be headed to the Atlantic League or Int'l League. Or maybe the PCL, just as an extra penalty.

Here's what I don't get about the Orioles, they aren't young enough. If you are going to lose 110 games you ought to have a lot of players under 24 and let them learn. This roster doesn't look young enough for a rebuilding team.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Here's what I don't get about the Orioles, they aren't young enough. If you are going to lose 110 games you ought to have a lot of players under 24 and let them learn. This roster doesn't look young enough for a rebuilding team.

Don't know their minors well enough, they may not want to call them up and start their service time.

Valuist

EOG Master
I know hitter/pitcher matchups are only one factor, and often meaningless due to small sample sizes. But there are some awful hitting numbers in today's hitter/pitcher matchups. Haven't seen a Grand Salami number but would like to hunt an under.

Valuist

EOG Master
Blue jays looks like they could be headed for the playoffs..

They look like a bully. Maybe peaking too early. Reminds me of the Indians a few years ago. It wasn't their World Series year. They won 22 games in a row late Aug-into September but were a first round exit. These Toronto bats love to beat up on bad pitching.

Don't know their minors well enough, they may not want to call them up and start their service time.
You don't worry about service time because you that only really matters with the top couple of prospects. They should be playing a bunch of guys that are potential, but not sure fire major leaguers and seeing if they want them on the 40-man. The bad veterans they have on the squad should be sent packing. My guess is they just don't want to spend any money so if they got a vet for this year, play him out and then let him go.