Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Re: Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

I have used his service in the past and he has never misrepresented the plays Patrick. The most valuable part of RAS is the middles he creates. If you have multiple outs, he's a big moneymaker for you.

Cannon

Banned
Re: Anyone going to use Ras for NCAA football he only does the first 8 weeks and it is $895.

Originally Posted by Edward Cannon, you really need to take a longer term approach to following handicappers. Fading ANY handicapper is a losing propisition. No one loses consistently enough over the long term to beat -110. Trying this strategy with a handicapper that actually WINS long term is even worse. If you think you have a talent for predicting when a handicapper is going to get hot or cold, you're just kidding yourself.January 12th for CBB and after Week 4 for CFB are just arbitrary but all you would have to do is go back to the previous two seasons for each sport to see that the strategy hasn't worked. In 2009-10 CBB we won +41.8 units after Jan 12th, and in 2008-09 +10.6 units after Jan 12th.In 2009 CFB we won +10.6 units after week 4, and in 2008 +5.40 units after week 4.Every year, and every week is different. The long term is what matters.I am fading a MLB service that gives out only totals and I am 62-44-11 That seems like a good deal to me on the fade..

I am fading a MLB service that gives out only totals and I am 62-44-11 That seems like a good deal to me on the fade..

106 games isn't a lot, especially in baseball. Stop kidding yourself, it isn't a long term winning strategy.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

For what it is worth, it is easier to get his WNBA numbers than his CBB ones. I can usually get down $3000+ on WNBA - good luck on CBB totals.

think people misunderstood.

When your are following someone who claims to be a winner you HAVE to follow blindly, if you dont then you arent getting the most of what they are offering. if you are fading someone then you can pick and chose which games to play against, but ONLY if that person has proven the ability to move lines with their releases. Which is a very small amount of people.

So while someone with a 54% win rate might be semi profitable, fading them and making a profit isnt impossible, especially if they are indeed moving the number enough. But it ends up being semantics. If theyre a 54% capper, and they move the line then their margin of error is probably as much as 3% so that would then mean a line move against them and bet after would make them a 51% capper. I know Ed cites a widely available nummber, but mnore than likely only at exact release. if you want full disclosure give records versus closing numbers.

Which once again I contend, if a guy HAS to live on the difference between a closer and an opener to make a profit they arent that good. if a guy has 2-4% of his bets within a point or so of a posted number (be it closer or opener) they are betting games on a very slim margin. So while they may show an affinity of betting the 'right' number it also means getting the 'wrong' number makes them a loser ong term. I would rather have a guy give me games that beatthe spread by 3 or more rather than a guy who makes sure I bet the right number all the time. granted that is a little more difficult to do (basically impossible) which goes right to my point that touts arent worth paying. because just about every profitable gambler is going to rely on line choice and price to maximize their profits, and most are so close to the edge followers arent going to get the 'right' number to make up for it, especially betting spreads. ML plays and baseball sure. But still one will have a better profit margin than the other.

I said it before Bettor A and Bettor B bet 500 games and they bet the same exact side each and every time. bettor A get the 'best' number every time, he would more than likely show a 10-15 unit higher return than bettor B. Same win percentage, same plays, same teams, different results.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Want - If Edward isn't that good, why is he creating 3-7 point middles? I suspect books are buying his service too and moving lines at release. If i owned a book like Pinny, i would buy the service.

Want - If Edward isn't that good, why is he creating 3-7 point middles? I suspect books are buying his service too and moving lines at release. If i owned a book like Pinny, i would buy the service.

Big difference between being good and having enough followers for books to take notice. if he were that good his records would be a lot better. Any coke dealer could set lines as well if he wanted to piss away money every week betting all he could get down. Wouldnt mean he had a fucking clue at what he was doing just meant he could put money in motion.

But I do say he has enough people following him, and apparently betting on his say so to move the lines. Or books who are scared using it as a early warning system. Either that or he is following someone else and together they move the lines. That stuff has been going on forever. Nowadays it is even easier as books move on complete air. Some books see a move or hear a rumor and if they had 100% one way they would still move the line, because most of them are just that dumb. Or scared. or they rely on risk aversion software that takes into account parlays and teasers and whatever and then move aline according to what they think they can handle.

But books all gamble, if they didnt they would all be in business or going out of business. the ones that survive do it a little better and have the ability to lay off when they need to.

But if books are in fact using his service then how much is it worth? he releases a game, they see it and they move it before anyone has a chance to bet it. So that basically makes the service useless.

I would rather have a guy give me games that beat the spread by 3 or more rather than a guy who makes sure I bet the right number all the time.

Shopping lines, timing the market, and getting the best number possible are staples of any sucessful bettor, regardless if you are following someone or originating on your own.

A handicapper who "wins all their picks by 3 points" doesn't exist. It is hard enough finding a handicapper who beats widely available lines at 54-56% long term rates. There are not many.

if he were that good his records would be a lot better

If there is someone out there who is available to the public with better records over the past 5 years under comparable conditions, I will be the first in line to subscribe, $7,500, $10,000, name the price. I'm in.

One more thing.

You don't beat the closing line by the averages we have just by having a big following. You have to be on right sides and get market agreement/approval on a consistent basis.

rainbow

EOG Master

Big difference between being good and having enough followers for books to take notice. if he were that good his records would be a lot better. Any coke dealer could set lines as well if he wanted to piss away money every week betting all he could get down. Wouldnt mean he had a fucking clue at what he was doing just meant he could put money in motion.

But I do say he has enough people following him, and apparently betting on his say so to move the lines. Or books who are scared using it as a early warning system. Either that or he is following someone else and together they move the lines. That stuff has been going on forever. Nowadays it is even easier as books move on complete air. Some books see a move or hear a rumor and if they had 100% one way they would still move the line, because most of them are just that dumb. Or scared. or they rely on risk aversion software that takes into account parlays and teasers and whatever and then move aline according to what they think they can handle.

But books all gamble, if they didnt they would all be in business or going out of business. the ones that survive do it a little better and have the ability to lay off when they need to.

But if books are in fact using his service then how much is it worth? he releases a game, they see it and they move it before anyone has a chance to bet it. So that basically makes the service useless.
I'm only going to comment on books that move on air, I'm not ready for another arguement with you like we had about 5 or 6yrs ago, you seen how wrong your were in that thread... And how you got BARBACUED in it... Back to my comment about books that move on air, remember one thing you are on the outside not the inside. I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that Cris, Pinnacle, Greek, and Grande NEVER move on air... Thats the part of this business that you don't know and never will know unless you were inside and was able to see what is going on... I will admit books move on AIR, but none of the one's I have listed needs to move on air, if that was the case they would just boot every WISEGUY out... SPECULATING sometimes gets in your way when you are posting... I don't care how much you claim you know I've been in this business for over 30yrs, over 20yrs offshore, so its nothing you can tell me about this business that I don't already know...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Why are books scared at his plays? There are bigger services (clientwise) like ATS, do the lines move at release?

I wont disagree with the value of his service if the books are buying his service. The fact still remains that he is creating 3-7 point middles on his CBB totals and no one else can claim that. the pros who have the time and the resources to find other outs for middles are making out. Really is the ultimate compliment to RAS that he knows the market that well.

rainbow

EOG Master

Why are books scared at his plays? There are bigger services (clientwise) like ATS, do the lines move at release?

I wont disagree with the value of his service if the books are buying his service. The fact still remains that he is creating 3-7 point middles on his CBB totals and no one else can claim that. the pros who have the time and the resources to find other outs for middles are making out. Really is the ultimate compliment to RAS that he knows the market that well.
Its the guys that are betting into the bad numbers that have ABSOLUTELY no chance whatsover to win longterm... I can remember this past college basketball season I was moving some of the totals 2.5 and 3pts and they were still folowing the bad number.. Thats the guys that have no chance to win, and the sides I was moving mostly 1pt and they were following that too... If you can't get the number he releases it at you are wasting your time and money trying to win... He defintely has a lot of followers that don't care what number they get down at as long as they get down, thats the one's that would be better off ripping their money in half than trying to give their money away...

Mostly because he is playing into a bad market. How many other touts release NCAA hoop totals? Or WNBA games period? I would say almost zero. But those guys cater to a different clientele. As in degenerates that want action more than a good game. So he found a niche and ran with it. if he did Hockey totals I am sure he would move them also. When the action is limited and you then have a lot of guys throwing a lot of money at it of course they will move it. Or as I said if books are getting his service and moving them preemptively that would make even more sense. Even if I know the guy is bad, why would I keep aline that has a chance of losing? Its like a car dealership getting tipped that someone is coming in to buy a fleet or smart cars or something. Cars are junk, not worth 2 cents, not sure what the sticker price is, but if that dealer went out and raised the sticker price 1500-2000 and he knew the person was still going to buy 15 why wouldnt he? Good or bad doesnt matter, it is all common sense.

You guys all talk like the books know what the score of the games is going to be and they can just move a number to sucker as many people into betting the 'wrong' side as they like. They dont need to, they can just get a lot of points by just moving the number enough to make it almost worthless, especially to a large number of people. Obviously if they get duped and get hammered the other way they have to take their chances. But more than likely enough followers will bet the advice side (regardless of number) so that faders or anti steam guys money wont kill them if that side comes in. And of course you have guys trying to get middles, which we all know long term isnt going to be profitable. But some guys will bet them blindly with a large enough gap.

As for me being wrong about books moving on air, I doubt it. You just think because more people (saps or self proclaimed 'insiders') didnt agree with it means I was wrong. In my experience the more people disagree with me the more likely I am right or at least onto something that can be used to make money. Also on your list I would say all of them have moved aline without enough money one way or the other to justify it. If they didnt then they are just bad business men. Also those laces arent nearly as great as people think they are. Pinnacle is most definitely a notch or more below what they used to be. CRIS always sucked IMO, and Grande, well no further comments needed with those clowns. So just because they have reputations doesnt mean the reputations are wholeheartedly deserved. Good or bad actually.

People try to make this about rocket sience or some clairvoyant sense that they know more than everyone else, and it takes a great handicapper or stats guy to make a good bookmaker. it doesnt. Just takes a guy with a screen and some software and enough action to reduce his liability. Seriously you think the books in the past that went out of business werent capable? They were, their biggest problem is they started out with almost no cash and the preconceived notion that everyone is dumb. And despite that a lot of them stayed in business quite a long time. Until they finally had enough guys winning and actually wanting a pay out and not enough guys posting up to pay them. Book making is one of the easiest things to do to make money, why do you think so many people do it, despite guys getting arrested and turned in by all the rats out there? All you need is enough cash to withstand a bad day or two when people get lucky. Because eventually they all lose it back, and not too many winners stop cold turkey, and neither do losers.

Internet books had it made, because when people won they didnt always request a withdrawal. So these places stayed in business without nearly enough cash on hand to pay off their balance sheets. I would say in the late 90s and early part of 2000s only a handful of books had enough cash to pay off the people they owed. despite all the rhetoric of 'deep pockets' or 'I have seen their operation' or 'these guys know what theyre doing' bullshit. If I had all the money stolen from players from books the Shrink endorsed I would own an island somewhere. But since i never lost a dime to any of those scam books due to getting no payed, I can afford where I live now which isnt half bad. I think my never losing money or getting stiffed by a book in over 12 years of betting off shore is more than enough testament of my knowledge of the offshore world. Because I doubt many people can say that. At least guys who werent in on the con themselves.

I am not an insider, I am not buddies with guys who own books or run them. It was a business to me. I dont need any friends. I bet, I win, they pay, that is enough for me. I didnt shoot the shit with any of them even when they had me on the phone to verify certain bets. Only ones I ever got semi casual with were Canbet people, mostly because they were pretty hard not to be at least cordial with them. But I put a lot of money through a lot of places ovr the years, and it wasnt like they didnt try to be buddy buddy. i just didnt need it. And wasnt caught up in all the bullshit of the gambling world. because it was and still is mostly fairy tales. Sure guys made money, so did I. But I didnt piss it all back or get greedy. So that makes me alittle different also.

Bottom line is I have a brain and I dont believe anyone anything says, and even if I see something with my own eyes I doubt it unless there is plenty of first hand history to back it up. Because the one constant about this business is everyone lies and everyone is trying to get over. And another not so constant truth (only about 90%) is that the more people try to impress others the more they want or the more theyre trying to convince people they are what they say they are. People that are good dont need to sell themselvs or show off, they just do it. Also no need to go out of their way to impress people because really what the fuck are those guys to them? More than likely a bunch of frigging degenerates anyway, so what does it matter? They will self destruct anyway and if they really suspect you have something theyll more than likely try to get something off you for free or ask for something with no intention of paying it back.

So while people can claim a lot of things, I can as well. I just dont feel the need to constantly do it. I know what I know and it has always been way more than enough. Hell I have been to about 5 or 6 RX and EOG bashes over the years and I doubt anyone could pick me out of a line up. Which is perfect. But it doesnt mean I didnt see plenty to affirm everything I already knew and conveyed here.

Mostly because he is playing into a bad market. How many other touts release NCAA hoop totals? Or WNBA games period? I would say almost zero.

We beat the closing line consistently in CBB sides, CFB sides, and CFB totals as well. "Touts" typically aren't the ones moving lines in these markets, it is other pros/groups, etc. There are many, many active market forces that capable of correcting a bad line in the CBB total and WNBA markets, as well as the others mentioned.

Again, you don't beat closing lines like we do without consistently being on the right sides and getting market approval/agreement. Having a following just doesn't cut it.

We beat the closing line consistently in CBB sides, CFB sides, and CFB totals as well. "Touts" typically aren't the ones moving lines in these markets, it is other pros/groups, etc. There are many, many active market forces that capable of correcting a bad line in the CBB total and WNBA markets, as well as the others mentioned.

Again, you don't beat closing lines like we do without consistently being on the right sides and getting market approval/agreement. Having a following just doesn't cut it.

Ok I will humor you.

How many moneylines plays have you given out in the past 3 years across all sports? And what percentage is that of your total releases?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

if he did Hockey totals I am sure he would move them also. When the action is limited and you then have a lot of guys throwing a lot of money at it of course they will move it. Or as I said if books are getting his service and moving them preemptively that would make even more sense. Even if I know the guy is bad, why would I keep aline that has a chance of losing?

You always make one point in your 20 paragraph responses (that are always horribly wrong), that makes you look like a clueless sheep.

Even if they know the guy is bad, they're going to move a line off his release? Do you understand how stupid that sounds? :doh1

People that are good dont need to sell themselvs or show off, they just do it.

Another idiotic statement. Actually, people that have a keen business sense will do exactly that - show it off. This would be like saying athletes shouldn't celebrate or be flashy, because they know they can do it and others don't need to see it.

Also no need to go out of their way to impress people because really what the fuck are those guys to them?

Uh, their clients. When you sell your product you want to impress people by it - that's how you expand a customer base. I literally have never seen a guy type more than you and say so little.

Sure guys made money, so did I. But I didnt piss it all back or get greedy. So that makes me alittle different also.

We bet you did. Everyone did when they're an anonymous internet poster. Please help us with your knowledge wantit.

Last but not least, I've never been stiffed by a book offshore or a poker site in my entire time online and I know next to nothing about the offshore sports betting world as a whole - so to act like you're lack of getting stiffed over the past 12 years makes you an expert is a bit humorous to me.

if he did Hockey totals I am sure he would move them also. When the action is limited and you then have a lot of guys throwing a lot of money at it of course they will move it. Or as I said if books are getting his service and moving them preemptively that would make even more sense. Even if I know the guy is bad, why would I keep aline that has a chance of losing?

You always make one point in your 20 paragraph responses (that are always horribly wrong), that makes you look like a clueless sheep.

Even if they know the guy is bad, they're going to move a line off his release? Do you understand how stupid that sounds? :doh1

People that are good dont need to sell themselvs or show off, they just do it.

Another idiotic statement. Actually, people that have a keen business sense will do exactly that - show it off. This would be like saying athletes shouldn't celebrate or be flashy, because they know they can do it and others don't need to see it.

Also no need to go out of their way to impress people because really what the fuck are those guys to them?

Uh, their clients. When you sell your product you want to impress people by it - that's how you expand a customer base. I literally have never seen a guy type more than you and say so little.

Sure guys made money, so did I. But I didnt piss it all back or get greedy. So that makes me alittle different also.

We bet you did. Everyone did when they're an anonymous internet poster. Please help us with your knowledge wantit.

Last but not least, I've never been stiffed by a book offshore or a poker site in my entire time online and I know next to nothing about the offshore sports betting world as a whole - so to act like you're lack of getting stiffed over the past 12 years makes you an expert is a bit humorous to me.

Ahh I forgot youre another genius. But you also show a complete lack of common sense or reading comprehension so I will save you the time it takes to read one of my posts and just say youre a fucking idiot.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Ahh I forgot youre another genius. But you also show a complete lack of common sense or reading comprehension so I will save you the time it takes to read one of my posts and just say youre a fucking idiot.

Timely Hero - 1
Wantitallbutcanthaveit - 0

rainbow

EOG Master

Mostly because he is playing into a bad market. How many other touts release NCAA hoop totals? Or WNBA games period? I would say almost zero. But those guys cater to a different clientele. As in degenerates that want action more than a good game. So he found a niche and ran with it. if he did Hockey totals I am sure he would move them also. When the action is limited and you then have a lot of guys throwing a lot of money at it of course they will move it. Or as I said if books are getting his service and moving them preemptively that would make even more sense. Even if I know the guy is bad, why would I keep aline that has a chance of losing? Its like a car dealership getting tipped that someone is coming in to buy a fleet or smart cars or something. Cars are junk, not worth 2 cents, not sure what the sticker price is, but if that dealer went out and raised the sticker price 1500-2000 and he knew the person was still going to buy 15 why wouldnt he? Good or bad doesnt matter, it is all common sense.

You guys all talk like the books know what the score of the games is going to be and they can just move a number to sucker as many people into betting the 'wrong' side as they like. They dont need to, they can just get a lot of points by just moving the number enough to make it almost worthless, especially to a large number of people. Obviously if they get duped and get hammered the other way they have to take their chances. But more than likely enough followers will bet the advice side (regardless of number) so that faders or anti steam guys money wont kill them if that side comes in. And of course you have guys trying to get middles, which we all know long term isnt going to be profitable. But some guys will bet them blindly with a large enough gap.

As for me being wrong about books moving on air, I doubt it. You just think because more people (saps or self proclaimed 'insiders') didnt agree with it means I was wrong. In my experience the more people disagree with me the more likely I am right or at least onto something that can be used to make money. Also on your list I would say all of them have moved aline without enough money one way or the other to justify it. If they didnt then they are just bad business men. Also those laces arent nearly as great as people think they are. Pinnacle is most definitely a notch or more below what they used to be. CRIS always sucked IMO, and Grande, well no further comments needed with those clowns. So just because they have reputations doesnt mean the reputations are wholeheartedly deserved. Good or bad actually.

People try to make this about rocket sience or some clairvoyant sense that they know more than everyone else, and it takes a great handicapper or stats guy to make a good bookmaker. it doesnt. Just takes a guy with a screen and some software and enough action to reduce his liability. Seriously you think the books in the past that went out of business werent capable? They were, their biggest problem is they started out with almost no cash and the preconceived notion that everyone is dumb. And despite that a lot of them stayed in business quite a long time. Until they finally had enough guys winning and actually wanting a pay out and not enough guys posting up to pay them. Book making is one of the easiest things to do to make money, why do you think so many people do it, despite guys getting arrested and turned in by all the rats out there? All you need is enough cash to withstand a bad day or two when people get lucky. Because eventually they all lose it back, and not too many winners stop cold turkey, and neither do losers.

Internet books had it made, because when people won they didnt always request a withdrawal. So these places stayed in business without nearly enough cash on hand to pay off their balance sheets. I would say in the late 90s and early part of 2000s only a handful of books had enough cash to pay off the people they owed. despite all the rhetoric of 'deep pockets' or 'I have seen their operation' or 'these guys know what theyre doing' bullshit. If I had all the money stolen from players from books the Shrink endorsed I would own an island somewhere. But since i never lost a dime to any of those scam books due to getting no payed, I can afford where I live now which isnt half bad. I think my never losing money or getting stiffed by a book in over 12 years of betting off shore is more than enough testament of my knowledge of the offshore world. Because I doubt many people can say that. At least guys who werent in on the con themselves.

I am not an insider, I am not buddies with guys who own books or run them. It was a business to me. I dont need any friends. I bet, I win, they pay, that is enough for me. I didnt shoot the shit with any of them even when they had me on the phone to verify certain bets. Only ones I ever got semi casual with were Canbet people, mostly because they were pretty hard not to be at least cordial with them. But I put a lot of money through a lot of places ovr the years, and it wasnt like they didnt try to be buddy buddy. i just didnt need it. And wasnt caught up in all the bullshit of the gambling world. because it was and still is mostly fairy tales. Sure guys made money, so did I. But I didnt piss it all back or get greedy. So that makes me alittle different also.

Bottom line is I have a brain and I dont believe anyone anything says, and even if I see something with my own eyes I doubt it unless there is plenty of first hand history to back it up. Because the one constant about this business is everyone lies and everyone is trying to get over. And another not so constant truth (only about 90%) is that the more people try to impress others the more they want or the more theyre trying to convince people they are what they say they are. People that are good dont need to sell themselvs or show off, they just do it. Also no need to go out of their way to impress people because really what the fuck are those guys to them? More than likely a bunch of frigging degenerates anyway, so what does it matter? They will self destruct anyway and if they really suspect you have something theyll more than likely try to get something off you for free or ask for something with no intention of paying it back.

So while people can claim a lot of things, I can as well. I just dont feel the need to constantly do it. I know what I know and it has always been way more than enough. Hell I have been to about 5 or 6 RX and EOG bashes over the years and I doubt anyone could pick me out of a line up. Which is perfect. But it doesnt mean I didnt see plenty to affirm everything I already knew and conveyed here.
The more people that DISSAGREE with you the more likely you are RIGHT? I DEFINTELY have to let you go...

The more people that DISSAGREE with you the more likely you are RIGHT? I DEFINTELY have to let you go...

Yes because I am not a sheep that believes everything people spew on the internet.

I remember that debate we all had about the 3 point line and its 'value' there were about 15 so called sharp guys in there claiming all kinds of stupidity. ll the while I was cashing ticket after ticket on games guys said had no value because of the line. Or they were spending extra money or betting horrid vigs to get the line to 2.5 or 3.5. Complete tripe. Its the mob mentality. you get enough people to have the same thought and have them convince peopel it makes sense or have people lie about something long enough without checking facts/data and it makes for humorous results.

The fact that people use terms like 'probability' and 'chance' or 'worth' when it pertains to sporting events and possible outcomes shows hw frigging dumb they are. Sports isnt dice or cards where there is a finite amount of possibilities and thus you can use math to give you true odds. No the odds and chance are given by a bookmaker who uses whatever method he uses to come up with a number and people assume he is correct. Or they use a database that gives them past results and they try to weigh that against the 'odds' of the current game. which is also dumb, and sometimes more harmful because most people only look at one set of numbers, when there are probably a half dozen that would correlate with it.

Either way there is so much disinformation, bad information, out right lying and flawed logic associated with sportsbetting it is a miracle anyone that listens to someone else can make any money.

And these debates are exactly like sportsbetting. A lot of guys have a little bit of truth in what they say, but not enough truth or understanding to make it more valid than any other half wit spewing something slightly different. Only guys who truly make it are the ones that think outside the box and go against the grain.

rainbow

EOG Master

Yes because I am not a sheep that believes everything people spew on the internet.

I remember that debate we all had about the 3 point line and its 'value' there were about 15 so called sharp guys in there claiming all kinds of stupidity. ll the while I was cashing ticket after ticket on games guys said had no value because of the line. Or they were spending extra money or betting horrid vigs to get the line to 2.5 or 3.5. Complete tripe. Its the mob mentality. you get enough people to have the same thought and have them convince peopel it makes sense or have people lie about something long enough without checking facts/data and it makes for humorous results.

The fact that people use terms like 'probability' and 'chance' or 'worth' when it pertains to sporting events and possible outcomes shows hw frigging dumb they are. Sports isnt dice or cards where there is a finite amount of possibilities and thus you can use math to give you true odds. No the odds and chance are given by a bookmaker who uses whatever method he uses to come up with a number and people assume he is correct. Or they use a database that gives them past results and they try to weigh that against the 'odds' of the current game. which is also dumb, and sometimes more harmful because most people only look at one set of numbers, when there are probably a half dozen that would correlate with it.

Either way there is so much disinformation, bad information, out right lying and flawed logic associated with sportsbetting it is a miracle anyone that listens to someone else can make any money.

And these debates are exactly like sportsbetting. A lot of guys have a little bit of truth in what they say, but not enough truth or understanding to make it more valid than any other half wit spewing something slightly different. Only guys who truly make it are the ones that think outside the box and go against the grain.
I'm not saying that none of this is true, but not everything...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The fact that people use terms like 'probability' and 'chance' or 'worth' when it pertains to sporting events and possible outcomes shows hw frigging dumb they are.

:+textinb3 This shit just gets better and better.

The fact that people use terms like 'probability' and 'chance' or 'worth' when it pertains to sporting events and possible outcomes shows hw frigging dumb they are.

:+textinb3 This shit just gets better and better.

youre right it does.

I will say this last thing.

I have the most complete database (that I know of) with openers and closers and everything in between as well as results for the NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAAhoops and NCAA football. I have ALL that data for all those sports back to at least 2005. For a couple of them I have it all back to 2000. I also have generic databases with just closing numbers back to about 84 or so. And a few other places with comparison lines from a dozen books.

There isnt even any way you can define a number because you have so many examples. So how can you even start to use probability when you dont even have the answer? You can tell me 300 games closed -3 since 1996. (not real made up) but I could look and find 5 or 6 other numbers for the same statement. Some could be as many as 30 or 40 games different, So I could say there have been 270 to 340 games closed at -3 because I have databases with actual numbers that show that. So a 10% change in one number, but as much as a 25% difference in the extreme findings. So how can you determine a probability on something with so big a difference? That is just a single example, but the most obvious one.

That is why I laugh at the math guys and guys who claim probability based on a number they see. because the number they use isnt accurate in the first place. At least in the grand scheme of things.

And yeah I know you have a database. As in one, singular. When you have 6 or 7 with all the pertinent information do a little checking and you'll see a single database aint worth shit. No matter how many examples it has in it. Unless you do a little leg work and look at certain ranges and see what happened, but even then that isnt enough.

But we're getting a little off topic so let the bashing of edward begin...err continue(edit)

This is very interesting, but a couple of comments really stick out. First of all, this fascination about the "Closing" line is a falacy. I don't care when you wager, be it on Sundays, when the lines come out (and which most of you cannot because your books are too slow on the trigger), or 5 minutes before the game starts. When you get your line, you wager on it. There is no magical day or hour to make your wagers.

Next, it is true that the majorityof gamblers are sheep. They see a trend and jump on. What people seem to forget is just how easy it is for people who make money in this business (because it is NOT gambling to us) can control these sheep. I am sure that some of you must know what a "Bait and Switch" move is.

Next, Edward made this statement: "Touts" typically aren't the ones moving lines in these markets, it is other pros/groups, etc. " That is absolutely correct. Touts have nothing to do with the lines, because they cannot make their plays until the opening lines come out. Now what touts CAN do, is the same thing as what anyone can do. They can look at the "College Games of the Year" odds that are posted at several casinos and books, and get some idea of what the opening lines may be. The openers may not be exactly the same, but they are not going to differ by 10 points either, especialy early in the season, when touts must make their money.

Next, data bases can be useful, or totally meningless. This year in College Football will be a perfect example. Nebraska has moved to the Big 10. Colorado and Utah have moved to the Pac 12. Boise State has moved to the MWC. How valuable are those data bases going to be? Worthless for conference games. They will still have value for non-con games, but for conference games, they mean nothing now.

One last thing. Someone mentioned "Middles". "Middles" are what the successful players make their living on. The successful player will have the ability not only to find a bad line, but realize that the line could change drastically. Middles always pay off on one wager, so the most you can lose is your vig. Do the math, and you will find out that by hitting one middle, you can "lose" (push minus the vig) on 19 others and still come out a winner. Now the problem that many people have in here is the fact that they have to play offshore, on computers. If you get caught playing middles, they run you out. The only way you can play a middle is to wager at two different offshore books. Then you have the problem of transfering funds from one to the other if your middle does not win. It is very easy in Vegas. You lay your money down at one of the sportsbooks that offer Sunday wagering, and then wait for the lines to move. Then you simply go to another sportsbook and make the "middle" wager. You get paid immediately after the game ends. This is why so many successful players play in Vegas. You get your money immediately. No waiting. No paying for withdrawls out of an account. No fradulant books. That is a major advantage of playing in Vegas. The Comps are not too bad either, especially if you like good booze and good food.

"Middles" are what the successful players make their living on.

Middling is one way to make money, but it is certainly not the most optimal. Most of the time you're just giving away +EV with the second bet.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Way too much ignorance in this thread to even begin to rectify. And frankly not worth the effort. Nothing like a guy saying he doesn't need to make fantastic claims to impress internet followers than coming in saying he's made 8 figures betting sports. Same guy who says you can't ascertain the approximate value of a half point. :doh1

Apple

Banned

LOL first thread I read here in a week and someone is bashing timely and rightfully so.. yes he is an idiot.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

LOL first thread I read here in a week and someone is bashing timely and rightfully so.. yes he is an idiot.

Yes Gyno, you agree with the guy who believes in the Jordan conspiracy and believes that the term "value" isn't real in sports betting.

Gyno, why don't you go get your vagina checked? It seems to be bleeding....

High Times

EOG Master

Way too much ignorance in this thread to even begin to rectify. And frankly not worth the effort. Nothing like a guy saying he doesn't need to make fantastic claims to impress internet followers than coming in saying he's made 8 figures betting sports. Same guy who says you can't ascertain the approximate value of a half point. :doh1

How would you even know?

High Times

EOG Master

Middling is one way to make money, but it is certainly not the most optimal. Most of the time you're just giving away +EV with the second bet.

That is the most ignorant thing you have said so far :doh1

High Times

EOG Master

You couldn't be more correct.

:pop:

High Times

EOG Master

I'm only going to comment on books that move on air, I'm not ready for another arguement with you like we had about 5 or 6yrs ago, you seen how wrong your were in that thread... And how you got BARBACUED in it... Back to my comment about books that move on air, remember one thing you are on the outside not the inside. I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that Cris, Pinnacle, Greek, and Grande NEVER move on air... Thats the part of this business that you don't know and never will know unless you were inside and was able to see what is going on... I will admit books move on AIR, but none of the one's I have listed needs to move on air, if that was the case they would just boot every WISEGUY out... SPECULATING sometimes gets in your way when you are posting... I don't care how much you claim you know I've been in this business for over 30yrs, over 20yrs offshore, so its nothing you can tell me about this business that I don't already know...

You just named 4 fricken books.

But the rest of them get scared shitless when one of those books move their lines/odds. And there's even more books that toss anyonw woh ties to bet these moves.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Disagree completely. Rather stay long on my right side at good number any day.

This topic is good for an entire other thread...................but basically what you are saying is certainly correct(not sure why High Times is disagreeing).

HOWEVER, with the nature of how this business operates, it is not optimal for punters of different degrees(rec and pro) in many instances(for some the majority of time), to not take something back on the opposite side.