Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Will be Tampa Bay.

Lions beat Rams (1980 debutantè)
Lions beat Bucs (1981 finale)
Lions beat 49ers (1983 playoffs)
Lions beat Bills (1976 Thanksgiving) or Lions beat Steelers (1983 Thanksgiving)

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It started for me with the 1976 Bills Thanksgiving game and it will end with a Super Show walkoff, Lions vs Bills in 2024.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I was still in elementary school. The games was on December 19. That's what I remember. May be wrong. Not wrong that our Christmas break started that weekend and was 2 weeks. Most exciting time of my life. Lions were going to win 3X and be in the Super Show before I went back to school. Didn't happen like that.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I was still in elementary school. The games was on December 19. That's what I remember. May be wrong. Not wrong that our Christmas break started that weekend and was 2 weeks. Most exciting time of my life. Lions were going to win 3X and be in the Super Show before I went back to school. Didn't happen like that.
I was 16 years old , and we were driving to Florida at the time this game was being played. I remember being frustrated that I couldn't find it on radio was we travelled from Detroit to South Florida. Let's hope we have a different result this Sunday. I will be at Ford Field for this. Wouldn't miss it at any price.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
They did everything but win the game. Dominated except for big plays and turnovers. It will be different this time. Lions and under just like the 1st game.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
They did everything but win the game. Dominated except for big plays and turnovers. It will be different this time. Lions and under just like the 1st game.

just think, if the Lions win and the 49ers win, then we have a rematch of the 1983 Lions at 49ers playoff game. Perhaps Monty Clark (who is coaching from the football field in the sky) will be praying for a Lions victory!

As a huge underdog against the 49ers, the Lions nearly pulled off a major upset before losing 24-23. Detroit had led 23-17 with five minutes remaining, but San Francisco quickly took back the lead. In the closing seconds, Lions' kicker Eddie Murray, who had made a 54-yard field goal in the first half, narrowly missed a 43-yard attempt with 11 seconds to go, putting an end to Detroit's season. As Murray lined up to attempt the potential game-winning field goal, on the sidelines Clark put his hands together in an apparent prayer (the "prayer" was replayed often and was recently cited by ESPN as one of the Lions' most memorable moments). Whenever asked about that unanswered prayer, Monte would respond, "It was answered, but the answer was No".[11]

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Another iconic Lions moment, Monty Clark praying that Eddie Murray's 43 yard FG would go through to win the 1983 playoff game vs SF!

Screenshot 2024-01-16 112007.png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I posted somewhere weeks ago that I think it comes down to a Lions 43 yard fg in San Fag to go the the Super Show. They will show the Monte Clark praying video before the kick.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
5 Danielson picks and 2 missed fg's is why they lost. Really 1 since the 52 yarder before HT canceled the other miss.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You fucking pos Gary Danielson. 5 picks. 2 to someone who didn't have any picks the entire season and probably never got another pick the rest of his career.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have been trying to "walkoff" since the summer of 1989. You tell me if this would be ironic randomness.

I finally do it. I walkoff. I define walkoff as amount that I will never reach 0 again without adding another cent of income.

The team that puts me over the goal line is the Detroit Lions. My first and really only true love.

The game that puts me over the goal line is the Super Show. The Lions winning the Super Show. The Lions who before Sunday have won 1 playoff game since 1957.

The path to the Super Show follows exactly the list of famous or infamous games as it were during my childhood:

Rams debutante 1980
Bucs finale 1981
San Fag playoffs 1983
Bills Thanksgiving 1976

I'm posting this weeks before final time. Maybe Lions lose to Bakers and that's that or I don't get any additional trophies before or after. But if Coach C goes all the way and I go all the way, there will be no doubt this is a a Bless You Cwissy miracle.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I hope 10 years old me is with me and Tiger in spirit watching the game if it all goes down as above. He deserves it more than I do and will be more excited.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Another ironic randomness example. I have won so many walkof quality trophies and futures cats, I can't remember them all. I'm talking up to 1500-1 with Super Joe Tuesday. None were walkoffs. And it happens with Lions. Harbaugh just lifted the trophy. $65.

MrTop

EOG Master
Another ironic randomness example. I have won so many walkof quality trophies and futures cats, I can't remember them all. I'm talking up to 1500-1 with Super Joe Tuesday. None were walkoffs. And it happens with Lions. Harbaugh just lifted the trophy. $65.

how many team is that parlay?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
One small problem. Be Best Lions payout is only $250,000 because of Raffy and Maddy no action. Need BIg Ben and Badass.

Heim

EOG Master
Baker has talked to some former teammates on the Rams. They said crowd noise was deafining.

I'm not big on HFA exclusive to fans but Ford is definitely more than a Fezzian 1.5 add on.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
We have the two for one tomorrow:

Bucs at Lions, 3pm

Lightning at Red Wings right across the street from Ford Field at LCA, 7pm.

Downtown will be rocking, no doubt many will attend both games.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have been trying to "walkoff" since the summer of 1989. You tell me if this would be ironic randomness.

I finally do it. I walkoff. I define walkoff as amount that I will never reach 0 again without adding another cent of income.

The team that puts me over the goal line is the Detroit Lions. My first and really only true love.

The game that puts me over the goal line is the Super Show. The Lions winning the Super Show. The Lions who before Sunday have won 1 playoff game since 1957.

The path to the Super Show follows exactly the list of famous or infamous games as it were during my childhood:

Rams debutante 1980
Bucs finale 1981
San Fag playoffs 1983
Bills Thanksgiving 1976

I'm posting this weeks before final time. Maybe Lions lose to Bakers and that's that or I don't get any additional trophies before or after. But if Coach C goes all the way and I go all the way, there will be no doubt this is a a Bless You Cwissy miracle.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
As long as John Ziegler is alive, Kinky and Wade will not be the biggest stupid pos's on the internet. It's not just that Ziegler is an epic moran. He is calling everybody who says he is a wrong a moran.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The only thing you do in that spot is not go OTB. Christian fucked up there. But down 4, you take the touchdown if you can get it. It's not a choice. Down 2, choice. Down 4, 100% score.