OT: George Zimmerman-Treyvon Martin Incident *Merged*

The X

EOG Dedicated
Re: What's the forum position in the killing of the fla kid?

The call to the police.

"Zimmerman saw a man he thought was acting suspiscious and called the police. During the recording he does say Martin approached him 1st and was staring at him. The police dispatcher did ask Zimmerman to keep a eye on him and let him know if he does anything. Martin then fled the scene and Zimmerman then followed Martin to keep him in eyesight until the police arrived to comply with the disapatchers request to "keep a eye on him". The police dispatcher then asked if Zimmerman was following and simply told Zimmerman "you don't need to do that" and Zimmerman agreed. The supposedly damning phrase "these assholes always get away" was clearly refering to burglers, the conversation had been about break-ins not African American's.

I have no problem with that. But he's a "neigborhood watchmen" He has certain protocol to follow regaurdless. And he didn't.

Yes he notified the authorities. Which is all he's supposed to do. They told him to stand down and they we're en-route.

He didn't listen. Had he listened this would have never happend. Case closed...
You should update me on the protocol as i never heard what it was. Zimmerman has all the right in the world to walk down the street. They didnt give him orders to stand down, they simply said they dont need him to do that. So Zimmerman ends up walking back to his suv and is jumped by this kid from behind. Kid catches a bullet and dies. Case closed.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Hot Lesbo Couple :sex

The X

EOG Dedicated

[TABLE="class: tborder, align: center"]
<tbody>

[TD="class: alt1"]Quote:

[TABLE]
<tbody>

[TD="class: alt2"]The slaying of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a Florida high school student who was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, has captured national attention. Petitions calling for justice for Martin have exploded, amid allegations of racism and calls for more scrutiny into how local police handled the investigation. George Zimmerman has yet to be charged in the case.

Below is a timeline of events:Feb. 26:

Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old Florida high school student, is found shot and killed, in Sanford, Fla., a community north of Orlando.
Several eyewitnesses report to police that they heard a scuffle, then a cry for help, and then a gunshot.

According to the Sanford police report, George Zimmerman, 28, a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, is found armed with a handgun, standing over Martin. He has a bloody nose and a wound in the back of his head.

Martin is unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene. He has no weapons on him, only a pack of Skittles and a bottle of iced tea.

Zimmerman tells police he killed Martin in self defense. Taking him at his word, police do not arrest him, nor administer a drug or alcohol test. They also did not run a background check.

March 9:

Trayvon Martin’s family demands that police release the 911 tapes or make an arrest nearly one month after Martin was killed. Police declined to comment at the time, but told ABC News the tapes would be released the following week.

March 12:

ABC News uncovers questionable police conduct in the investigation of the fatal shooting of Martin, including the alleged “correction” of at least one eyewitness’ account. Sanford Police Chief Billy Lee said there is no evidence to dispute Zimmerman’s assertion that he shot Martin out of self-defense.

March 16:

Police recordings made the night Zimmerman allegedly shot and killed Martin sent the boy’s mother screaming from the room and prompted his father to declare, “He killed my son,” a family representative tells ABC News.

March 18:

Martin’s family asks Attorney General Eric Holder and the FBI to get involved in the investigation of their son’s death.

March 19:

A 16-year-old girl tells Benjamin Crump, the Martin family’s attorney, about the last moments of Martin’s life, ABC News is there exclusively. Martin was on the phone with her when George Zimmerman began following him. She recounted that she told Martin to run, then she heard some pushing, then the line went dead.

The U.S. Justice Department announces it has launched an investigation into Martin’s slaying.

ABC News also learns that Zimmerman violated major principles of the Neighborhood Watch manual, which states, “it should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles.”

The state attorney in Seminole County, Fla., announces that a grand jury will review the evidence of the case on April 10.

March 20:

Sanford police department admits to ABC News that investigators missed a possible racist remark by the shooter as he spoke to police dispatchers moments before the killing.

March 21:

During a heated meeting over Trayvon Martin’s death, Sanford city commissioners conducted a vote of “no confidence” against embattled Police Chief Billy Lee. Three of five commissioners voted against the chief.

The city manager now decided whether or not to let Lee go.

Martin’s parents join hundreds of protesters in New York City for the “Million Hoodie March,” demanding justice for the slain 17-year-old.

A single online petition calling for Travyvon’s killer’s arrest has nearly 900,000 signatures and is now the fastest growing petition in internet history, according to Change.org. Tweets from celebrities, such as Justin Bieber and Spike Lee, helped fuel wide interest in the case.

The public relations person for Benjamin Crump, the attorney representing the Martin family, tells ABC News they received 418 media calls in one day.

March 22:

City Manager Norton Bonaparte tells ABC News he’ll defer a decision on the chief’s fate until a thorough investigation is completed. Bonaparte acknowledges that the race issue continues to dominate local discourse.
Martin’s family meets officials from the Department of Justice. [/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Why hasn't Zimmerman been arrested? (Or at least what people are using to justify it)

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:

[TABLE]
<tbody>

[TD="class: alt2"]How did we get to a place where Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense, which seems barely plausible, could prevent his arrest? The answer starts with the “Stand Your Ground” law that Florida passed in 2005. The idea was to give people who think they are being threatened the right to use force: They can protect themselves without first trying to retreat. The history behind that controversial idea is actually about gender, not race. It involves the intersection between the fight against domestic violence and the agenda of the National Rifle Association.

Prosecutors opposed the Stand Your Ground law, and they still complain about it. "It is an abomination," former Broward County Prosecutor David Frankel told the Sun Sentinel in January. "The ultimate intent might be good, but in practice, people take the opportunity to shoot first and say later they had a justification. It almost gives them a free pass to shoot." The quote comes from a story about a former sheriff’s deputy, Maury Hernandez, who killed an unarmed homeless man in a Haagen-Dazs shop on a Saturday afternoon. Hernandez, who was with his children, said the man aggressively asked for money and then tried to assault him. Witnesses said Hernandez warned the man several times before taking out his gun and firing multiple times. The police said they wouldn’t charge Hernandez for the shooting because he claimed he was under attack.

It’s that decision not to press charges that makes Stand Your Ground laws, which a bunch of other states have adopted, a crazy departure from the past. It’s one thing to raise self-defense at trial. It’s another to have what the Florida Supreme Court calls “true immunity.” True immunity, the court said, means a trial judge can dismiss a prosecution, based on a Stand Your Ground assertion, before trial begins.

At least there’s supposed to be a hearing before that happens, at which the defendant has the burden of proof. And yet as the Hernandez and Martin’s case shows, Stand Your Ground laws often lead prosecutors to decide against so much as bringing charges. According to the Sun Sentinel, “In case after case during the past six years, Floridians who shot and killed unarmed opponents have not been prosecuted.” [/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:

[TABLE]
<tbody>

[TD="class: alt2"]

Author of "stand your ground" law: George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for killing Trayvon Martin

(CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla. - The authors of Florida's controversial "stand your ground" self-defense law say George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for shooting Trayvon Martin, reports the Miami Herald.
Photos: Trayvon Martin

"He has no protection under my law," former Sen. Durell Peaden told the newspaper.

Florida's law, called "stand your ground" by supporters and "shoot first" by critics, was passed in 2005 and permits residents to use deadly force if they "reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

Traditionally, self-defense laws did not typically extend beyond a person's home, but the Florida law, and at least 20 more passed across the country since them, allows a resident to "meet force with force" almost anywhere, including the street or a bar.

Zimmerman, 28, reportedly admitted to police that he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on the evening of February 26. He was released without being charged after claiming he killed the boy in self-defense. But 911 recordings released over the weekend suggest that Zimmerman, who has a concealed weapons permit and volunteered in an apparently informal neighborhood watch program, pursued Martin, despite being told police were on their way.

It is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen. Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law.

"The guy lost his defense right then," Peaden told the Miami Herald. "When he said 'I'm following him,' he lost his defense."

Rep. Dennis Baxley, Peaden's co-sponsor in the Florida House, agrees with his former colleague, telling the newspaper that the law does not license neighborhood watch or others who feel "like they have the authority to pursue and confront people. That is aggravating an incident right there."

Both co-sponsors told the newspaper, however, that they did not think the law needed to be re-examined.

"If you want to pass something, pass something that limits their ability to pursue and confront people," Baxley said. "It's about crime watch," he said. "What are the limitations of crime watch? Are you allowed to jump out and follow people and confront them? What do you think is going to happen? That's where it starts."

But during the town hall meeting in Sanford, Florida Rep. Geraldine Thompson promised the law's repeal would be a top priority for the state legislature's black caucus.

"If vigilante justice becomes the norm, will visitors feel comfortable coming to our state?," she asked. [/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...rayvon-martin/

<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->[/TD]

[TD="class: alt2"]<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->

<!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->

[/TD]
[TD="class: alt1, align: right"]<!-- controls -->[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

TrailerParkBoys

EOG Veteran

The new "Lay on the ground law" didn't work out too well for kid now did it Malcolm.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

There are about 2.25 million prisoners in Federal and State facilities across the USA.
Take half that amount and make a round-robin with Russia, China, Iran, Afganistan, N Korea and parachute equal amounts into each country. Talk about world chaos.
Can you imagine if Bin Ladin was alive and he just woke up from sleeping in his cave to find 250,000 approaching with BOOMBOX in hand !!!! How fast would he give up.
OYE VEY

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

Would make a great Mel Brooks movie. :houra

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

George Zimmerman's lawyer, Craig Sonner, getting bitch-slapped...

<object width="512" height="288">

<embed src="http://www.hulu.com/yahoo/http%3A%2F%2Ftv.yahoo.com/embed/-lnuYls6NDMWUQSsYvjppA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowfullscreen="true"></object>

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

no matter which side you fall on..this was completely avoidable

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

"Did you represent [Zimmerman] when he was arrested for assault on a police officer in 2005? Were you his lawyer then? Did you represent him in the domestic violence case in 2007? When he was accused by his girlfriend of assault? Did you represent him then, when she got a restraining order against him?"

The pussy lawyer was nowhere near ... empty chair
:LMAO

Wonder if treyvons mom took his grill out of his mouth and sold it before he was buried? we all know shes after the money.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

LOL what is "Watchman protocol" If it isn't to watch?

Teddy kgb

Banned

no matter which side you fall on..this was completely avoidable

Most things in life can be avoided what's your point? I've seen you post this half a dozen times at diffrent forums now and still don't know your point?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Teddy, what do you think about Zimmerman being arrested in 2005 for assault on a police officer and also in 2007 for assaulting his girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him?

Since this kid's grill and having a little bit of weed seems to be relevant to some... I feel the above is more than relevant to this case...

:pop:

TrailerParkBoys

EOG Veteran

Teddy, what do you think about Zimmerman being arrested in 2005 for assault on a police officer and also in 2007 for assaulting his girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him?

Since this kid's grill and having a little bit of weed seems to be relevant to some... I feel the above is more than relevant to this case...

If the cop and the girl were wearing a hoodie then they asked for it.

TrailerParkBoys

EOG Veteran

more relevant would be was either of the two black?

TrailerParkBoys

EOG Veteran

cop had an energy drink.....I just know it.

Teddy kgb

Banned

My son has more tats then me but I smoked more weed when I was his age so were even so the answer to your question is I don't give a fvck about weed and tats.

I've assulted a security guard and had to smack my bitch up so that don't mean shit to me either.

Both non factors Kinger when are you going to talk about the Facts of the case? You and many others continue to avoid the Facts.....Her's a idea Kinger, Bump another HT post that makes you look smart and him dumb.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carolinakid

Banned

I wonder where the hell these blacks was at when oj was killing 2 whites.......damn did anyone see Jackson ride in to save the day for them..............oh that right the blacks was going to tear la down if oj was found guilty..............

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Teddy dodging :lol

carolinakid

Banned

i still say the parents will get a new house and a movie out of this...........

Teddy kgb

Banned

I can't spend another night on this shit......I'm going to make some paper

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

This would be Teddy as a juror...

Lawyer: Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 for assaulting a police officer.

Teddy: (thinking) Yeah, but don't they know this kid was up to no good? He had a gold grill for fuck's sake!!!!

Lawyer: Zimmerman was also in trouble in 2007 for assaulting his girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him.

Teddy: (thinking) WTF? There were two White people beaten to death last week in Chicago. Why is this lawyer not talking about that? I should stand up and say something!

Teddy stands up and yells out: THE KID HAD A BAGGIE WITH POSSIBLE WEED RESIDUE IN SCHOOL!

*crowd gasps and murmurs*

Judge: What balls.

Teddy kgb

Banned

i still say the parents will get a new house and a movie out of this...........

A fvcking movie? You should become a neiborhood watch caption and shoot yourself ck........ck

carolinakid

Banned

Teddy you dont think down the line a movie will not be made about this, then you are a fool

carolinakid

Banned

IF that kid would have broke into my house, yes i would have shot him too, black or white

carolinakid

Banned

no questions ask on my part

Teddy kgb

Banned

Kinger are you retarded or just fvcking with me? I almost got a grill when I was 35yrs old, if I was 17 it would be no doubt, I love grills...His is weak, I would have got black and yellow

I don't care about the past of either one of these dipshits, Super Cuban or Trayshon the Hoodie.

But I do know Facts and the Fact is Trayshon made a bad move by attacking a Cuban with a gun and became dead Nigger storage!!!!

carolinakid

Banned

lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^cuban in da house and on da street

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

IF that kid would have broke into my house, yes i would have shot him too, black or white

That's a whole separate issue. Why do folks keep going off on tangents when it comes to this case?

If that kid had converted his Monster drink into a 9mm handgun, and was aiming it at my head... I would've shot his ass!!

No shit. :shoot:

J

joeybagadonuts

So a guy with a violent past shot a kid who liked to smoke weed?

Who knew?

:btj: