R.I.P. Pacers

Re: R.I.P. Pacers

Sports Illustrated
To blame Love for what became of the Timberwolves last season is to miss the point entirely. During Love's time on the floor, Minnesota registered the net rating of a top-10 team. It was when Love sat that the Wolves so often fell to pieces.

kane

EOG master

I don't think being blamed for losses in the media constantly was what they signed up for, but hey, maybe they agreed to that too.

This has nothing to do with your assertion that Bosh's and Love's careers went in the tank playing with LeBron, when nothing can be further from the truth

This has nothing to do with your assertion that Bosh's and Love's careers went in the tank playing with LeBron, when nothing can be further from the truth

Javy is 100% right on Love. Last year in Minnesota

26.1 points
12.5 rebounds
4.4 assists

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Love is a one-way player.

Tremendously versatile on offense and a serious liability on defense.

Love is a one-way player.

Tremendously versatile on offense and a serious liability on defense.
but

Love was the #1 option in Minnesota
Bosh was the #1 option in Toronto
Wade was the #1 option in Miami
Irving was the #1 option in Cleveland

Brick has played with tremendous talent

kane

EOG master

Javy is 100% right on Love. Last year in Minnesota

26.1 points
12.5 rebounds
4.4 assists

Love's last 4 seasons in Minnesota he averaged 17 shots per game, Love's 4 seasons in Cleveland he's averaging 13 shots per game. Raiders just can't understand why his numbers aren't as good, Raiders can't understand that going from a team's first option to a team's third option will make your numbers decrease, it's not that hard to understand Raiders, see if you gave Love 4 more shots per game, his numbers in Cleveland would be equivalent to his numbers in Minnesota, you really can't understand this or are you just pretending to be this stupid, has to be one or the other

Love's last 4 seasons in Minnesota he averaged 17 shots per game, Love's 4 seasons in Cleveland he's averaging 13 shots per game. Raiders just can't understand why his numbers aren't as good, Raiders can't understand that going from a team's first option to a team's third option will make your numbers decrease, it's not that hard to understand Raiders, see if you gave Love 4 more shots per game, his numbers in Cleveland would be equivalent to his numbers in Minnesota, you really can't understand this or are you just pretending to be this stupid, has to be one or the other
and he was getting 15 rebounds one year and 14.2 another year.

kane

EOG master

but

Love was the #1 option in Minnesota
Bosh was the #1 option in Toronto
Wade was the #1 option in Miami
Irving was the #1 option in Cleveland

Brick has played with tremendous talent

And every one of those players immediately became the 2nd or 3rd option when playing with LeBron, and every one of those players numbers went down since they were no longer their team's 1st option, they were all willing to sacrifice their own stats in order to compete for championships

kane

EOG master

and he was getting 15 rebounds one year and 14.2 another year.

He was also playing on bad teams, he had to grab all the rebounds since no one else could, playing with better players in Cleveland meant he doesn't have to do as much, he doesn't have to try for every rebound since he has other teammates who could help him, not tough to understand

And every one of those players immediately became the 2nd or 3rd option when playing with LeBron, and every one of those players numbers went down since they were no longer their team's 1st option, they were all willing to sacrifice their own stats in order to compete for championships

So Brick had three guys on both Cleveland and Miami that were previous #1 including himself. They should have won not 1, not 2, etc.

kane

EOG master

Raiders doesn't understand when a player goes from one team's 1st option to another team's 3rd option, that players numbers would decrease, LMAO

He was also playing on bad teams, he had to grab all the rebounds since no one else could, playing with better players in Cleveland meant he doesn't have to do as much, he doesn't have to try for every rebound since he has other teammates who could help him, not tough to understand

No matter how you try to spin it, Love was one of the best players in the league pre Brick.

Raiders doesn't understand when a player goes from one team's 1st option to another team's 3rd option, that players numbers would decrease, LMAO

You don't understand when you have three #1 that you should win a title every year.

kane

EOG master

So Brick had three guys on both Cleveland and Miami that were previous #1 including himself. They should have won not 1, not 2, etc.

Great, but this has nothing to do with what we're discussing. We're discussing how you don't understand why Kevin Love's numbers aren't as good playing as Cleveland's 3rd option as they were playing as Minnesota's 1st option

kane

EOG master

No matter how you try to spin it, Love was one of the best players in the league pre Brick.

No matter how you try to spin it, Love is the same player now and he was back then, and the reason his numbers aren't the same is due to taking less shots and being a team's 3rd option as opposed to being a team's 1st option

Great, but this has nothing to do with what we're discussing. We're discussing how you don't understand why Kevin Love's numbers aren't as good playing as Cleveland's 3rd option as they were playing as Minnesota's 1st option
You're discussing that, no one else. I'm saying that Brick played with tremendous talent.

No matter how you try to spin it, Love is the same player now and he was back then, and the reason his numbers aren't the same is due to taking less shots and being a team's 3rd option as opposed to being a team's 1st option

SI ranked Love 7th best player in the NBA. nuff said.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

I'm saying that Brick played with tremendous talent.

Tremendous talent? So Bosh/Love/Irving were never able to lead their teams to the 2nd rd of the playoffs.
Lebron was able to by himself. If those guys are tremendous talents, I wonder what you consider Lebron.

Tremendous talent? So Bosh/Love/Irving were never able to lead their teams to the 2nd rd of the playoffs.
Lebron was able to by himself. If those guys are tremendous talents, I wonder what you consider Lebron.

Wade won a title and was Finals MVP without Brick. Not sure why I or anyone else responds to you.

Wade also averaged 30.2 pts/game one year.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Wade won a title and was Finals MVP without Brick. Not sure why I or anyone else responds to you.

True, you should probably stop. I mention love/irving/bosh never winning a series and 2 of them never making the top 8 seeds in their conference and you somehow call them tremendous talent.

Ask what you consider lebron since he carried a team to the finals....no response to that.

I understand why.

True, you should probably stop. I mention love/irving/bosh never winning a series and 2 of them never making the top 8 seeds in their conference and you somehow call them tremendous talent.

Ask what you consider lebron since he carried a team to the finals....no response to that.

I understand why.
Brick is a great player, we all know that. The problem is that because of lack of heart and killer instinct, he doesn't play to his potential. That's why people dislike Brick. Then add being lazy on defense, flopping and whining.

kane

EOG master

He didn't say Wade, he said Bosh/Irving/Love. And between the three of them they played a combined 16 seasons and made the playoffs once, after they joined LeBron they made the playoffs every year. Wade was a great player before LeBron got to Miami

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Brick is a great player, we all know that. The problem is that because of lack of heart and killer instinct, he doesn't play to his potential. That's why people dislike Brick. Then add being lazy on defense, flopping and whining.

Ohh, never seen you say anything other than he's maybe a top 10 player in the league this year.

Can't disagree with anything you say that you don't like about him.
heart? can be questioned, I think he wants to win. He's no kobe or MJ that's for sure.
killer instinct. I can certainly see that as questionable. he's no kobe or MJ that's for sure.
Lazy on defense, certainly been noticeable the past few years. I can forgive that since it's his 15th year.
flopping and whining. easily the worst in the league. fucking pathetic to watch.

Theres a reason though why those tremendous talents wanted to join up with Lebron...They knew he was the ticket to the finals. I don't think Wade was getting there again unless he did something.

But I can sorta see after how these last couple years turned out, that maybe young stars will be a tad hesitant to join up with him. Not a great look.

Ohh, never seen you say anything other than he's maybe a top 10 player in the league this year.

heart? can be questioned, I think he wants to win. He's no kobe or MJ that's for sure.
killer instinct. I can certainly see that as questionable. he's no kobe or MJ that's for sure.
Lazy on defense, certainly been noticeable the past few years. I can forgive that since it's his 15th year.
flopping and whining. easily the worst in the league. fucking pathetic to watch.

Theres a reason though why those tremendous talents wanted to join up with Lebron...They knew he was the ticket to the finals. I don't think Wade was getting there again unless he did something.

But I can sorta see after how these last couple years turned out, that maybe young stars will be a tad hesitant to join up with him. Not a great look.
good post even if we don't agree 100%. :cheers

High Times

EOG Master

Lebron the stupid fvck ran off Wade this year and could have had a chance to win a playoff series if they kept him.
This one is on Lebron...
I actually believe Lebron ran off those players because he knew there was no NBA finals this year and set up a "either we win some playoffs series and I will get all the credit or we will lose (sure thing) and the old "He has no help" will bail him out again.
And the Cavs are not winning this series! You can bet on that!

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Lebron the stupid fvck ran off Wade this year and could have had a chance to win a playoff series if they kept him.
This one is on Lebron...

Maybe a bit of an overreaction to last nights incredible performance? unlikely he puts up 28pts again this series.
Wade played over 20 minutes in 47 games this year and scored single digits in 12 of them. Scored over 20 in 6 of his 67 games.

Sure don't expect much from Wade during the regular season and just hope he's got the energy to help ya for 15 minutes a game in the playoffs. But he wasn't making or breaking this Cavs team or helping them win the 1st rd.

kane

EOG master

This one is on Lebron...
I actually believe Lebron ran off those players because he knew there was no NBA finals this year and set up a "either we win some playoffs series and I will get all the credit or we will lose (sure thing) and the old "He has no help" will bail him out again.
And the Cavs are not winning this series! You can bet on that!

You are clueless, LeBron didn't run Wade off, Wade was miserable in Cleveland, just like he was miserable in Chicago last year. Wade loves the Heat organization and the city of Miami, and when the Cavs front office presented Wade with the opportunity to return to Miami, he jumped at the chance. Since you know nothing about their relationship, I'll let you know Wade and LeBron are closer than friends, they're relationship is more like brothers than just friends. The thought that LeBron ran off Wade is as dumb as the rest of the shit you post

High Times

EOG Master

You are clueless, LeBron didn't run Wade off, Wade was miserable in Cleveland, just like he was miserable in Chicago last year. Wade loves the Heat organization and the city of Miami, and when the Cavs front office presented Wade with the opportunity to return to Miami, he jumped at the chance. Since you know nothing about their relationship, I'll let you know Wade and LeBron are closer than friends, they're relationship is more like brothers than just friends. The thought that LeBron ran off Wade is as dumb as the rest of the shit you post

Stop reading my shit then. It's not hard to do

High Times

EOG Master

Maybe a bit of an overreaction to last nights incredible performance? unlikely he puts up 28pts again this series.
Wade played over 20 minutes in 47 games this year and scored single digits in 12 of them. Scored over 20 in 6 of his 67 games.

Sure don't expect much from Wade during the regular season and just hope he's got the energy to help ya for 15 minutes a game in the playoffs. But he wasn't making or breaking this Cavs team or helping them win the 1st rd.

So if Wade gets Miami past the Sixers (doubtful) he couldn't have helped the Cav?
Really

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Usually I just ignore your stupidity, but when I catch a glimpse of you saying something about DWade that wasn't true, I had to set the record straight

Homeboy balled the fuck out last night.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Usually I just ignore your stupidity, but when I catch a glimpse of you saying something about DWade that wasn't true, I had to set the record straight

I don't know if you ever saw LBJ's interview about D-Wade leaving but it was funny. He was like, "Miss him? I talk to D-Wade all the time, get outta here D-Wade." The way he said it was great; it was funny.