Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
We were doing all of this to FLATTEN THE CURVE.

Somehow libtards still have no idea what that means.
Did you see the moron mayor of houston said they need a 2 week shutdown to get on top of this thing? What are the odds if abbot said sure, in 2 weeks the mayor would say "OK, we can reopen?". i would say zero.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Libtards already got to Abbot and cast a spell and made him weak., Fukin pussy

With Texas continuing to break records for new coronavirus deaths and hospitalizations this week, Gov. Greg Abbott reiterated Friday afternoon that things will continue to get worse. And if people keep flouting his new statewide mask mandate, he said, the next step could be another economic lockdown.

“Things will get worse, and let me explain why,” he told KLBK TV in Lubbock. “The deaths that we’re seeing announced today and yesterday — which are now over 100 — those are people who likely contracted COVID-19 in late May.

“The worst is yet to come as we work our way through that massive increase in people testing positive.”

Texans will also likely see an increase in cases next week, Abbott said, and people abiding by his face mask requirement might be the only thing standing between businesses remaining open and another shutdown.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Here's a graph of NY's cases vs. hospitalizations vs. deaths. If anything, this should be a pretty encouraging sign. It means that we should be peaking in the southern states - if not now, then very shortly. It also implies that the peak deaths only lag the new cases by about a week tops.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Libtards already got to Abbot and cast a spell and made him weak., Fukin pussy

With Texas continuing to break records for new coronavirus deaths and hospitalizations this week, Gov. Greg Abbott reiterated Friday afternoon that things will continue to get worse. And if people keep flouting his new statewide mask mandate, he said, the next step could be another economic lockdown.

“Things will get worse, and let me explain why,” he told KLBK TV in Lubbock. “The deaths that we’re seeing announced today and yesterday — which are now over 100 — those are people who likely contracted COVID-19 in late May.

“The worst is yet to come as we work our way through that massive increase in people testing positive.”

Texans will also likely see an increase in cases next week, Abbott said, and people abiding by his face mask requirement might be the only thing standing between businesses remaining open and another shutdown.
He's getting very poor advice, that's the way it was a couple months ago, that's not the way it is now, the people dying now caught it fairly recently, if you recall TX had stable cases all through may into late june, these deaths are from the currrent spike, and as Monkeys chart shows, deaths should be ramping up huge right now, and they are NOT.

As i said earlier, US cases have been rising for 5 weeks now, and while they have bumped up recently they are still lower than they were at the start of the increase.

mr merlin

EOG Master
These pleas for masks from abbot are nothing more than a desperation move from a guy who feels like he must do something, Masks wont have any effect, they didn't help in LA, Miami has had them for several weeks now - no effect. other countries have had them and faced the exact same peaks.

The sad thing is republicans are supposed to be resistant to this hysteria, obviously the weak ones are not. most people in large urban areas have been wearing masks since april, why are things the way they are if masks were the answer?

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Spending your day spinning weaves about your country being sick and dying.

vs.

Spending your day on the golf course laughing at Trump jokes

billysink

EOG Dedicated
so this dude goes to heaven and he see Jesus sitting there with some busted clocks.

Dude says what the fukk wrong with the clocks up in here.

JC says they aint broke. This clock here was Mother Theresa's and it never moved cuz she never told a lie.

Buddy points at another and says that one look like it moved a bit. The big man says that one belonged to Abe Lincoln he only lied twice.

Pally thinks a bit and asks Big J if Donald Trump got a clock.

Jesus says why yes he do, it's in my office I'm using it for a ceiling fan.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Lots of encouraging news on vaccine front, both domestically and foreign.

We've never seen this many smart people focusing on solving one problem like this before.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Lots of encouraging news on vaccine front, both domestically and foreign.

We've never seen this many smart people focusing on solving one problem like this before.
There are two ways to test a vaccine, the normal one is to give thousands of people the shot and then wait months to see if less of them get the virus than the overall population. Another way is to give volunteers the shot(wait a couple -3 weeks to allow their bodies to develop antibodies) and then deliberately try to infect them, much quicker but far more risky , and possibly unethical.

Which should we do, assuming you got actual volunteers? By the way, you couldn't just try that with young, healthy people because vaccinies work differently on different age groups. So you would have to also try to infect older people.(not neccessarilly the very old though).

Last edited:

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Positive day of news we needed and encouraging #'s too.

908 deaths. Down about 85 deaths or 8.5% from last week.

Midwest and Atlantic really looking encouraging just when we need it to get schools and sports going and keep our bars open.

Michigan with 5 deaths down from 30 last week
Ohio with 7 down from 39
Pa 18-36
NJ 23-50
MA 9-20
VA 9-28
NY 17-25
South mostly going up, but not at scary speeds.

Mississippi with a big down though. 22 today 44 last week .so maybe the south can follow what their experts are doing

mr merlin

EOG Master
Positive day of news we needed and encouraging #'s too.

908 deaths. Down about 85 deaths or 8.5% from last week.

Midwest and Atlantic really looking encouraging just when we need it to get schools and sports going and keep our bars open.

Michigan with 5 deaths down from 30 last week
Ohio with 7 down from 39
Pa 18-36
NJ 23-50
MA 9-20
VA 9-28
NY 17-25
South mostly going up, but not at scary speeds.

Mississippi with a big down though. 22 today 44 last week .so maybe the south can follow what their experts are doing
Signs of hospitalizations either peaking or appearing to be close in all the hot spots as well.

mr merlin

EOG Master
By the way, remember way back in late april into may, when the virus was getting better everyday, and the media needed something to hype, they kept bringing up that mysterious syndrome among the very young, they would lead the news with it? haven't heard a word about that in weeks, like everything else it was all hype and bullshit.

kane

EOG master
Chuck Woolery...I had no idea....

"Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.

In another post Trump retweeted, Woolery claimed there exists “so much evidence, yes scientific evidence, that schools should open this fall. It’s worldwide and it’s overwhelming. BUT NO.”

kane

EOG master
Chuck Woolery on July 12th- Covid is a hoax

Chuck Woolery on July 13th- My son has Covid, it's real and it's here

LMAO

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

Wow. They really got him.

Authorities said last December that Watkins changed his residency in August 2019 for voter registration purposes, signed an application for a mail-in ballot in October 2019 and signed a document to cast his vote for the 2019 general election in November. The documents showed Watkins’ official residence as 6021 S.W. 29th in Topeka, which is the site of a UPS Store.

By changing his residency, Watkins moved from the Topeka City Council’s 5th District to its 8th District, where he participated in an election that was decided by 13 votes in November 2019.

JFC. What a waste of taxpayer money to try to hunt that bullshit down.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
5 weeks of rising cases, 3+ weeks of rapid increases, with very manageable deaths. Now hospitalizations close to peaking, it's over.

Merlin, I agree with you on just about everything politically, but you're really starting to strain the bounds of reality (and your credibility) with this "it's over" BS.

I realize that once you marry yourself to that narrative you kind of have to stick with it come hell or high water, but a little humility might go a long way.

You're starting to remind me a bit of that Everfresh guy who shows up everytime Bitcoin hits a slump and screams "SELL, SELL, SELL."

cheapseats

EOG Master
Hawaii now back to Sept as earliest date to open. Again middle of the dam ocean and increased cases with 14 day quarantine. Our lives are shit until drugs and vaccine shows up, maybe by Jan 2021. Til then, life is going to shitty.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Merlin, I agree with you on just about everything politically, but you're really starting to strain the bounds of reality (and your credibility) with this "it's over" BS.

I realize that once you marry yourself to that narrative you kind of have to stick with it come hell or high water, but a little humility might go a long way.

You're starting to remind me a bit of that Everfresh guy who shows up everytime Bitcoin hits a slump and screams "SELL, SELL, SELL."
I throw the "its over" in to piss off the 2 or 3 lunatics here, LOL, other than that you can take my posts at face value.

I throw the "its over" in to piss off the 2 or 3 lunatics here, LOL, other than that you can take my posts at face value.

I hope you don’t end up getting Covid or possibly die from it. If you disregard the virus in real life like you do on this board your chances of that happening are much higher than the people who take this seriously

mr merlin

EOG Master
I hope you don’t end up getting Covid or possibly die from it. If you disregard the virus in real life like you do on this board your chances of that happening are much higher than the people who take this seriously
I'm 60, if i get it my chances are like 98%, but yea, i take no precautions of any kind, I dont use hand sanitizer, wear masks, avoid going out or social distance, it's a hoax. As i've mentioned I did have a relative die from it, he was 78, spent 42 days in the hospital, caught it from my cousin(probably) who never got sick at all.

blueline

EOG Master
Im about an hour north of Atlanta.....maybe 10% of the people Ive seen are wearing masks...it may actually be less than that.
Saw a curbside delivery of food being made...no mask
Store clerks not wearing them. Actually heard a store clerk say that the hot breath creates germs in the mask so whats the point in wearing one.
People walking around like nothing is going on....stupid fuks