NBA for opening week

ATX

Re: NBA for opening week

I feel Hawks let it all hang out here....they showed up.

G4 2h Atlanta ML +300 for .3%
G4 2h Atlanta +6 for .4%

ATX

adding an additional 2.2% on the future of Cleveland with Rings
+105 +100 whatever...still a dollar off IMO. one of the strongest bets I've seen in a good while. I've never bet a future more than twice before. It's important to note that 6.5% of my BR is not that much considering what I've made over the course of the year. In October the same 6.5% was around 4% without doing the actual math.

munson15

I want winners...

I think I'm going to take Denver for 1.1% at +2.5 I'm projecting. I don't like it much, but I don't see the Mavs motivation here. Dirk with hag problems, Dallas yet to beat Denver this year, basically zero chance to advance, the MAVS have HEART!! not!! probably something pops up with ATL/CLE at the half with a spread that high and total that low.
Don't think that line will go any higher, was thinking ML myself.

ATX

no, it's going down. I took Denver at +3 for 1.5% at an average of -112.
at 2.5 I would bet 1.1%

ATX

Don't think that line will go any higher, was thinking ML myself.

I like +2.5 +100 better than +120 ML, but that's just me. I would probably take +2.5 +100 closer to +140 but I don't usually take ML's under +170 or so.

munson15

I want winners...

only locals and a couple of rogue books. never remotely w/a.
I appreciate the info, nothing worse than knowing you missed a good price. My 10-year old daughter had a violin concert, and I was glad to be there. They were really good. Also, got to cash my CLE series ticket that I bought last week.

ATX

I've got both a little above 56%. not a whole lot of games left and I'm a little ahead of schedule so 1.1% is minimum with 2.2% being average. I should find something at the half for 1.1%, after this game there are 2 subsets left within the NBA playoffs.

munson15

I want winners...

I've got both a little above 56%. not a whole lot of games left and I'm a little ahead of schedule so 1.1% is minimum with 2.2% being average. I should find something at the half for 1.1%, after this game there are 2 subsets left within the NBA playoffs.
If I am still awake, I'll run my thoughts by you at the half.:cheers

ATX

I've got to out-run this recent, problematic 11-0 run. I'm good with 8-3 but not 11-0.

ATX

I'm very much going to take the Denver/Dallas 2h under if what I think happens...

munson15

I want winners...

I'm very much going to take the Denver/Dallas 2h under if what I think happens...
That would help the cause of the game total as well. And, 11-0 runs are NEVER problematic, just have to watch your bet size, IMO.12io4j2w90

ATX

That would help the cause of the game total as well. And, 11-0 runs are NEVER problematic, just have to watch your bet size, IMO.12io4j2w90

now THAT is a great argument...for later. and get your damn CLASS out of my threads!! :+textinb3 I really hope this 2nd half works out, I really think I might HITT it as Rod would say. :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

now THAT is a great argument...for later. and get your damn CLASS out of my threads!! :+textinb3 I really hope this 2nd half works out, I really think I might HITT it as Rod would say. :cheers
Always a pleasure exchanging views, X. That's mainly why I'm here, for enlightened talk about sports investing. I don't get much of that on the street here.:+textinb3 Lots of good people and it's a great place for family life, but very few Scrantonians are sweating the 2H total in the den/DAL game.

ATX

I thought I saw a flagrant 2 on Carmelo? this boxscore shit sucks, I refuse to switch on the game. this FT fest is NOT making me happy.

munson15

I want winners...

I see a technical on Anthony, not sure if they distinguish between garden-variety T's and flagrants. I have covers.com's boxcore up. Agreed on the FT's.

munson15

I want winners...

Looks like Denver is just going to try to outscore them, knowing that Dallas can't turn the screws defensively like they can.

munson15

I want winners...

First half featured a 7-0 denver run in 0:46, and a 5-0 denver run in the last 3.8 seconds. 25 at the line in the half, and the 2H line is barely over half the game total.

ATX

G4 2h Dallas/Denver under 106 for 1.1%
struggled with taking the 4th q under, but just think this game goes under 220 56%.

ATX

playoff games don't go over 220 that often, I remember PHX/Dallas a few years ago and those two just wow.

munson15

I want winners...

playoff games don't go over 220 that often, I remember PHX/Dallas a few years ago and those two just wow.
The combination of the teams running quite a bit and the refs calling a tight game have put the scoreboard on tilt so far.

munson15

I want winners...

The refs are bailing out any offensive player who dares to take it into the lane. Doesn't matter if they're off-balance, have no shot and are barely touched, they are whistling it. :devil:

cheapseats

EOG Master

The refs are bailing out any offensive player who dares to take it into the lane. Doesn't matter if they're off-balance, have no shot and are barely touched, they are whistling it. :devil:

Quit posting shit 20 seconds after it happened, you loser.....)

munson15

I want winners...

Quit posting shit 20 seconds after it happened, you loser.....)
Just waiting to see how the refs screw up this game, I think they have more made FT's already than in Saturday's game, and that one was supposedly called too tight until the last play.:+clueless

cheapseats

EOG Master

Just waiting to see how the refs screw up this game, I think they have more made FT's already than in Saturday's game, and that one was supposedly called too tight until the last play.:+clueless

Just kidding you Munson with all that happened in the last few days here, hope you pull out the W bud....

munson15

I want winners...

not exactly the BEST two teams to go over with, but this angle is a gold mine in the regular season.
That angle would be the 2H over if the 1H total is a certain % of points below the projected game total? I'm thinking if two teams combine for 13 points less than 1/2 the game total, and the 2H over is half the original line, as was the case last night, over would be a high % play, even though it didn't work out yesterday.

ATX

87 free throws? weird game.

moving on, Orlando is -125 for the series despite having 2 out of the last 3 on the road...weird?

ATX

That angle would be the 2H over if the 1H total is a certain % of points below the projected game total? I'm thinking if two teams combine for 13 points less than 1/2 the game total, and the 2H over is half the original line, as was the case last night, over would be a high % play, even though it didn't work out yesterday.

yep. it tends to override the blowout at the half angle, but works best I think if the score is close at the half. If a team is leading by 10 or more (ballpark) at the half the 3rd q tends to go over and the 4th under, 3rd often goes over enough to push the entire 2h over.

munson15

I want winners...

87 free throws? weird game.

moving on, Orlando is -125 for the series despite having 2 out of the last 3 on the road...weird?
I've not been able to figure that series line out. Boston was depleted physically and mentally at the start of the best of 7, but I feel the teams are more or less on even footing now and that Boston should be favored. The perception that the Chicago series took the fight out of the Celtics should have dissipated but the line has not corrected, in fact, it's higher than it was yesterday.

munson15

I want winners...

yep. it tends to override the blowout at the half angle, but works best I think if the score is close at the half. If a team is leading by 10 or more (ballpark) at the half the 3rd q tends to go over and the 4th under, 3rd often goes over enough to push the entire 2h over.
Very interesting stuff, there. So if we define a blowout as 20 points or more, the 2H total should stay under and if the game is tight with a low-scoring half, the 2H total should go over, generally speaking. I've read a lot about this regarding NFL totals. Blowouts at the half create 2H unders and low scoring first halfs between normally high scoring teams would trend over for the 2H. The books have gotten way ahead of those two, however, which is why I'm very curious how it relates to the NBA.

ATX

yes, I've used it in the NFL for years, the books have caught up a bit IMO as well. I don't use this blindly, but I almost never go against it in the NBA. Rebound differential is big, it's a big indicator of who will win the game when cross-referenced with turnovers, FT's, and shooting percentage. Also the number of 3pters made is an indicator, if teams make a lot of them at a high %, it seems to go under in the 2h. Of course, the actual number for the 2h is quite important, but it's usually fairly easy to guess what it will be within a point.

That Orlando ML is saying that Orlando might get it done in 6....

munson15

I want winners...

That Orlando ML is saying that Orlando might get it done in 6....
I like BOS -2. I know Howard and James would make a compelling Eastern Final, but the Celtics are a tough out, and have caught a second wind, IMO. Orlando had two chances to take this series by the throat and have come up wanting in each instance, I believe Boston gets it done here and probably takes it in 7.

munson15

I want winners...

yes, I've used it in the NFL for years, the books have caught up a bit IMO as well. I don't use this blindly, but I almost never go against it in the NBA. Rebound differential is big, it's a big indicator of who will win the game when cross-referenced with turnovers, FT's, and shooting percentage. Also the number of 3pters made is an indicator, if teams make a lot of them at a high %, it seems to go under in the 2h. Of course, the actual number for the 2h is quite important, but it's usually fairly easy to guess what it will be within a point.
I agree with the factors you cite, but who has the time to assimilate all that at the half when there are several games being contested at once? I guess that's why handicapping is a young man's game.:+textinb3You say you don't use it blindly, I would guess that would be true in NBA and NFL both, although if I had the chance to sit at my computer all day on a football Sunday, I would probably use those two to good effect.

ATX

I agree with the factors you cite, but who has the time to assimilate all that at the half when there are several games being contested at once? I guess that's why handicapping is a young man's game.:+textinb3You say you don't use it blindly, I would guess that would be true in NBA and NFL both, although if I had the chance to sit at my computer all day on a football Sunday, I would probably use those two to good effect.

it's hard at first, then you start to key in on what to look for and toss the garbage games. I usually watch the boxscores most of the games so I generally know what I'm going to look for before the 2nd half actually ends. But yes with 10 games going on at once, it's hectic and NFL halves are generally shorter than NBA.