And that's why black athletes should take a knee during National Anthem

alfie

EOG Dedicated
The Autozone can be rebuilt for less than a million. George Floyd can't be brought back to life. Neither will Eric Garner or Travyon or Ahmaud Abrey. When will these senseless murders end.

Steve Mnuchin is sitting on a half a trillion dollar slush fund. Trump signed a tax scam giving away trillions to the richest. Petty cash can rebuild the property destroyed in Minneapolis. I'm all for people fighting back against the injustice of the black man. Justice delayed is justice denied.

"But don't the businesses matter".
- Fair Warning

the federal government should pay to rebuild autozone?

it would be in autozones best interest to leave the neighborhood.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
being here ive watched and listened and seen so much of the various overages.

I have a normal question that I dont understand and have not seen asked or explained. and it seems like such an obvious question to at least ask or ponder by the experts

Im not saying this is important and not looking for anything political

Question:

The camera video lasts quite a long time I clocked it at 8+ minutes.

I realize that when a policeman is apprehending somebody, getting things under control is not Instant

But what is the basic explanation as to what was the officer waiting for in that position on the ground. Were they waiting for another squad car? looking for another person? getting statements from store owner or witness, confused what to do?

what is the answer for Why was the now fomer policeman with the handcuffed George Floyd in that position for that long as the others stood around that long

is there any obvious explanation?
Blue Wall. Back each other up. If this wasn't video-d, none of the others would have said a word, and would have backed their fellow Blue. See Serpico. Tough to penetrate for good cops.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Brian Flores Good Coach, Better Man. Brooklyn Common sense through and through:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0200529-tanbbbnelzaszlvr5fxydzrzea-story.html

Dolphins coach Brian Flores addresses death of George Floyd, encourages powerful to speak out

By OMAR KELLY
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
MAY 29, 2020 | 5:10 PM

Last year Brian Flores became the first current NFL coach to publicly support Colin Kaepernick and other players who knelt before football games to create awareness to social justice issues, which include the police brutality that has plagued communities of color for decades.
This week the Miami Dolphins coach provided ESPN an exclusive statement addressing racial issues and the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, three black Americans who died in 2020 at the hands of white police officers or vigilantes attempting to patrol their community.
“I’ve had the privilege of being a part of many different circles that have included some very powerful and influential people of all different races and genders," Flores told ESPN. ‘The events of the last few weeks have brought some of the memories of those conversations back to light. I vividly remember the Colin Kaepernick conversations. ‘Don’t ever disrespect the flag’ was the phrase that I heard over and over again. This idea that players were kneeling in support of social justice was something some people couldn’t wrap their head around. The outrage that I saw in the media and the anger I felt in some of my own private conversations caused me to sever a few long-standing friendships.
“Most recently, I’ve had conversations about incentivizing teams for hiring minorities. Again, there was some outrage in the media and talks that this would cause division amongst coaches, executives and ownership,” Flores said, referring to the changes made to the NFL’s Rooney Rule earlier this month, which expanded the affirmative action policy that requires a minority be interviewed to coordinator positions, and a wide range of executive roles.
Floyd, a 46-year-old man, died on Monday when a Minneapolis police officer named Derek Chauvin put his knee on Floyd’s neck to pin him on the ground for nearly 9 minutes.
[Most Read Dolphins Coverage] Dolphins hope to make doubters ‘put their foot in their mouth’ for 6-10 prediction »
Chauvin was charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter on Friday. Floyd’s death and video of the incident has shaken the Midwest and sparked protests in many cities throughout the nation.
Arbery, was unarmed and jogging outside Brunswick, Georgia, on Feb. 23 when former police officer Gregory McMichael and his son chased him. Arbery and Travis McMichael struggled over the latter’s shotgun and Arbery was shot three times. Gregory McMichael told police Arbery attacked his son, but video of the incident showed Arbery was defending himself.
The McMichaels were charged with felony murder and aggravated assault earlier this month, but their arrest came months after the incident took place, and only after video of the incident became public.
Flores, who is black and of Hondurian decent, addressed the recent deaths of Floyd, Arbery and Taylor, an EMT who was shot at least eight times when three officers forcibly entered her Louisville apartment to serve a search warrant in a narcotics investigation.
"I bring these situations up because I haven’t seen the same OUTRAGE from people of influence when the conversation turns to Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and most recently George Floyd. Many people who broadcast their opinions on kneeling, or on the hiring of minorities don’t seem to have an opinion on the recent murders of these young black men and women. I think many of them QUIETLY say that watching George Floyd plead for help is one of the more horrible things they have seen, but it’s said amongst themselves where no one can hear. Broadcasting THAT opinion clearly is not important enough.
“I lead a group of young men who have the potential to make a real impact in this world. My message to them and anyone else who wants to listen is that honesty, transparency and empathy go a long way in bringing people together and making change," said Flores, one of four minority head coaches in the NFL. "I hope that the tragedies of the last few weeks will open our hearts and minds to a better way of communicating and hopefully create that change.”

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Both teams should take a knee, not during the anthem but on the first snap of the game.
(both teams should commit 5 yard penalties,if necessary, hence cancelling them out)

All teams and games being played at the same time in all the stadiums. And encourage fans to do the same

That would be a sight to see.

Possibly extend it to college games as well

Blue Wall. Back each other up. If this wasn't video-d, none of the others would have said a word, and would have backed their fellow Blue. See Serpico. Tough to penetrate for good cops.

You realize it’s been decades since a Republican was anywhere near a position of authority in Minneapolis city government. The city government that has hired and trained cops that not only killed a black man by kneeling on his neck, but also shot a white woman who had called to report a suspected crime is pretty much in line, politically, with the urban left political ideology up and down the line.

The death of George Floyd is outrageous, horrible, and totally inexplicable. There’s no thread of normal human behavior that can help me understand why Derek Chauvin behaved as he did. I can’t imagine an explanation coming forth that would make it so. It’s a tragedy caused by the worst of human behavior. However, this tragedy is fully sponsored by, and should be owned by the police department that put Chauvin on the street, which has been funded, managed, and trained (or underfunded, undermanaged, and undertrained) by generation after generation of urban left politicians in Minneapolis.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Both teams should take a knee, not during the anthem but on the first snap of the game.
(both teams should commit 5 yard penalties,if necessary, hence cancelling them out)

All teams and games being played at the same time in all the stadiums. And encourage fans to do the same

Great idea. But by the time Football starts, this will be a distant memory.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
You realize it’s been decades since a Republican was anywhere near a position of authority in Minneapolis city government. The city government that has hired and trained cops that not only killed a black man by kneeling on his neck, but also shot a white woman who had called to report a suspected crime is pretty much in line, politically, with the urban left political ideology up and down the line.

The death of George Floyd is outrageous, horrible, and totally inexplicable. There’s no thread of normal human behavior that can help me understand why Derek Chauvin behaved as he did. I can’t imagine an explanation coming forth that would make it so. It’s a tragedy caused by the worst of human behavior. However, this tragedy is fully sponsored by, and should be owned by the police department that put Chauvin on the street, which has been funded, managed, and trained (or underfunded, undermanaged, and undertrained) by generation after generation of urban left politicians in Minneapolis.
Police corruption and the Blue Wall is not a partisan Issue. It's far more ingrained, generation after generation, party after party, city after city, even Country after Country.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

do you still work?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
This is what it's gonna take to make the changes needed. Cops like him.
And her.
And more Peaceful Protests like this, without an Idiot inciting folks against it. View attachment 7461467

Instead of what's going on now.

President Piece of shit called NFL players that took a knee Sons of bitches.

So many right wing idiots always say he's not racist. Well they're all idiots. Any then the idiots say "there's no proof Poopy Pants is racist.

MAGA!

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
So all unjustified homicides by police officers on black people are the fault of the sitting President at the time.

Understood.

Man, Obama was some racist. Clayton Bigsby himself.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
You want things to change for the better? Work with the police. Not against them.

Most officers are good people who are doing their best and encounter some shitty situations.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
You want things to change for the better? Work with the police. Not against them.

Most officers are good people who are doing their best and encounter some shitty situations.

Fuck off. There's a reason they're called pigs and Nazis. Too many are ignorant white males, just like you.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Kneeling does nothing except piss people off, same with looting. Insulting people and stealing isn't going to help a cause.
If the Idiot had reacted like a normal person and POTUS, trying to unify people, he would have said we should all Kneel with Kaep against this disgraceful situation in this country regarding Police brutality, and it's my goal as POTUS to work with all Cities to fix it. Instead, the racist Idiot called the peaceful protesters sons of bitches that should be fired. If he had actually done what he should have, all you Cultists would be lockstep with him, since you have no minds of your own, and are incapable of going against him.
Equating peaceful protests like the NFL kneelers, with the looters is disgraceful. We should all applaud peaceful protests.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

After all the distrust the police have rightfully caused, it's up to them to reach out to community leaders in the aggrieved communities first, and attempt to work with them, not the other way around. That takes leadership of Mayors and Police Chiefs, as well as Police Unions, who too frequently are only interested in maintaining the blue wall of silence and protection. In NY, the behavior of the PBA is a disgrace. I'm a Union guy, but they are a disgrace to Unions.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
I don't agree with Trump's stance against Kaepernick. I think he has a right to do that if the league and team allow it. I also believe that the NFL and its teams have a right to portray whatever image they want and if a player creates an unwanted image for their brand, they shouldn't be forced to sign him.

That guy kneeling when he was in the NFL also made a public call for violence during this. So it's not like he has no culpability in this. He has a lot more than Trump does.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Pure ignorance! I guess you didn't see the video of the white cops knee on the unarmed handcuffed black man's neck, with the 3 accomplices watching for 8 minutes. Pure ignorance!

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
After all the distrust the police have rightfully caused, it's up to them to reach out to community leaders in the aggrieved communities first, and attempt to work with them, not the other way around. That takes leadership of Mayors and Police Chiefs, as well as Police Unions, who too frequently are only interested in maintaining the blue wall of silence and protection. In NY, the behavior of the PBA is a disgrace. I'm a Union guy, but they are a disgrace to Unions.

Not sure how you figure any police departments ever had a chance to talk this out with anyone. What do the police departments in Atlanta, LA, NYC, or wherever else have to do with what happened in Minneapolis to begin with? Their departments weren't involved in this. How many of these riots will it take before they start working?

Oddly enough, every one of those people you mentioned is a Democrat. You want change but keep voting for the same people. Does that appear to be working either?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I don't agree with Trump's stance against Kaepernick. I think he has a right to do that if the league and team allow it. I also believe that the NFL and its teams have a right to portray whatever image they want and if a player creates an unwanted image for their brand, they shouldn't be forced to sign him.

That guy kneeling when he was in the NFL also made a public call for violence during this. So it's not like he has no culpability in this. He has a lot more than Trump does.
The Idiot POTUS called for shooting Americans. The kneeling now ex QB said we have the right to fight back and resist against the disgraces that keep on happening. But yeah, Kaep is more culpable for violence than the Idiot who wants to shoot Americans.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Not sure how you figure any police departments ever had a chance to talk this out with anyone. What do the police departments in Atlanta, LA, NYC, or wherever else have to do with what happened in Minneapolis to begin with? Their departments weren't involved in this. How many of these riots will it take before they start working?

Oddly enough, every one of those people you mentioned is a Democrat. You want change but keep voting for the same people. Does that appear to be working either?
I have never voted for Diblasio, and he's run for office in my voting district for various offices about 6 times. I've never voted for Cuomo. I can only do so much.
The Police depts have to have FAR more Community outreach programs than they have, and they have to mean it.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

Even if that was Trump's intended statement (which he later clarified as it not being), his full message was about restoring order and had nothing to do with randomly shooting people. Meanwhile, Kaepernick is inciting indiscriminate violence against innocent people - endangering their lives, their homes, their jobs, their belongings, their businesses, etc. If people think that an eye for an eye or an eye for forty eyes is the path to change, they are absolute fools. Is anyone really that stupid to think that the riots are hurting the police who are collecting OT to respond to them? LOL.

If the Idiot had reacted like a normal person and POTUS, trying to unify people, he would have said we should all Kneel with Kaep against this disgraceful situation in this country regarding Police brutality, and it's my goal as POTUS to work with all Cities to fix it. Instead, the racist Idiot called the peaceful protesters sons of bitches that should be fired. If he had actually done what he should have, all you Cultists would be lockstep with him, since you have no minds of your own, and are incapable of going against him.
Equating peaceful protests like the NFL kneelers, with the looters is disgraceful. We should all applaud peaceful protests.

Only Guesser would condone looting and arson.