2023 Deaths (Pool)......

railbird

EOG Master

Heim

EOG Master
When I heard Knight on the CBB games, not only was he boring, but the stuff that came out of his mouth was
so elementary. Which confirms what I heard, his assistants did most of the x and o stuff. He was the General.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Comedian Dana Carvey and his wife issued a joint statement announcing the death of their son Dex of an accidental overdose at age 32. He followed in his father’s comedic footsteps and did an opening set for his father’s 2016 Netflix special, “Straight White Male.”

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Rosalyn Carter, former 1st Lady. No biggie. Leftist don't count.

Rosalyn had more class in her pinkie than Melania tRUMP has in her body and if she lived another 500 years - still would not.

Typical #TrumpIsATraitor #MAGAMoron reply - sad. But not shicking

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
On March 24, 1984, the Phillies traded Hernández to the Detroit Tigers with Dave Bergman for Glenn Wilson and John Wockenfuss.[13] Upon arriving at the Tigers' spring training facility, Hernández expressed eagerness to help the team in any way he could: "If they want me to come in from the bullpen, I'll do it. If they want me to start, I'll do it. If they want me to DH or steal bases, I'm happy to do it. . . . I'm a winner. I want to play ball in October."[14]

During the 1984 season, Hernández led the American League's pitchers by appearing in 80 games and tallying 68 games finished – both figures establishing new team records for the Tigers.[1][15] After tallying only 27 saves in the previous seven seasons combined, he ranked third in the league with 32 saves. He also compiled a 9–3 record and a 1.92 ERA and 112 strikeouts in 140 innings pitched.[1]

By late August, he had entered 39 games with a lead and had successfully protected the lead all 39 times.[3] He had 32 saves in 32 save opportunities through late September. It was not until September 27 that he failed to capitalize on a save opportunity, allowing a run-scoring sacrifice fly against the New York Yankees.[16] Bill McGraw of the Detroit Free Press described Hernández as "truly the missing link, the key element the Tigers needed to nudge an already good ball club over the thin line separating parvenu from pennant contender."[3] Sports Illustrated credited him with the Tigers' success: "Hernandez has changed the Tigers from a talented team that lost the close ones to a talented team that now steps on an opponent's neck once it gets ahead."[2]

The Tigers finished the season with a 104–58 record, swept the Kansas City Royals in the American League Championship Series, and defeated the San Diego Padres in the 1984 World Series, four games to one. Hernandez pitched five innings in the series, had two saves, and gave up only one run.[1]

After the season Hernández received the following honors:

He was the fourth player in the American League (and the seventh overall) to win the Cy Young and Most Valuable Player awards in the same season. Among that group, only Sandy Koufax and Denny McLain also won a World Series in the same year that they won the Cy Young and MVP awards.[20]

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
He was 69.

Hernández, who suffered from heart conditions after his playing career, died at his home in Sebring, Florida, according to a report from La Primera Hora. Funeral services are expected to take place in Aguada, Puerto Rico, where Hernández was born in 1954.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Charlie Munger, a billionaire and longtime friend and business partner of Warren Buffett, has died. He was 99 years old.