American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

btw, the President's speech has bumped Idol. It's not on tonight, but instead on Wednesday and Thursday this week.

12io4j2w90

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1982128 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 02-24-09, 10:12 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #514 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Sportsgirl<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1982128", true); </SCRIPT>
STEELER FAN!!!

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1982128 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by GreenDoberman
Odds to advance from group 2 to final 12:

Adam Lambert -300
Jasmine Murray -150
Matt Giraud +125
Megan Corkrey +125
Mick Mitchell +150
Kai Kalama +250
Allison Iraheta +250
Matt Breitzke +400
Kris Allen +400
Jesse Langseth +400
Mishavonna Henson +500
Jeanine Vailes +800

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
GD - do you know what they are singing yet?
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I've seen a few song spoilers but seems like a lot of misinformation abounds this year so I will refrain from bothering to post them until I can verify a rock solid source.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Why would American Idol bow down to the white house? AI would break the all-time ratings record if it were on tonight. Who bored themselves to tears watching Obama feed us more lies?

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Mishavonna is rumored to be doing With or Without You by U2.

Horrible song choice. It will get compared to the original and how are you going to win that comparison?

Its a good song, she is a good singer, she might be able to pull something off but since Country Skank and Kendall Beard are in the other group, the large and judging by the results over the years faithful voting country singers block could have been Mishavonnas with a country song.

Too often these kids do what they want without thinking about what is best. Bad song choice. Anything country would have been a good song choice

Mr. Smith,
Mishavonna's mom keeps sending me MySpace messages telling me not to forget to vote. I might be able to hook you up.

If this week sucks as bad as last, I'm going guerrilla on this thread and just posting youtube videos of promising young singers; the filipino revolution, bathroom girl, jesse cheng, david choi and the like.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Mishavonna should come out in boots and a cowboy hat and be as country as could be in her group. Sing about how all in the same day her man cheated, her dog ran away and her Ford F-150 rolled down a hill into a lake.

Dude,
You do know Misha is from Orange County right? That ain't exactly country.

That said, I hope she kicks ass tonight.:thumbsup

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Billy Bob voter dont know where she is from.

Maybe she could mention too she did not sell a pet horse to a glue factory so she could be on the show unlike Kristy Lee Whore

Doggie doggie dog,
Yeah the ole KKKristy Lee defense.

Sadly, I know the family personally. Far to classy to whore themselves out a la Versace Gokey.

That means fodder basically. Fade the Henson. Fade the Doberman.oij213490

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Well I will pick up the phone and send some votes in for Mishavonna Beard Malloy-Smith, but I don't know how that is going to be enough to stop the awesome talent that is Danny Gokey. 2348ji23e

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Audience needs someone to boo
Part of the appeal of "Idol" is that people can root against some contestants even as they cheer for others. Sanjaya Malakar and Scott Savol filled that role in previous years, and Kristy Lee Cook in season seven. They added an element of drama each week, because even as people were cheering for their favorites to advance, they were also rooting for their least favorites to go home.
That would have been the natural role for Tatiana Del Toro a year ago. Her drama-infused personality throughout the auditions turned off enough voters that even a relatively good performance on Tuesday couldn't save her, but she was the second-best of the six women who sang. This year, there was no reward for that.
Del Toro wouldn't have been a serious candidate to win, since with the season barely six weeks old, she had already managed to earn scorn for her whiny, sobbing antics. But the show needs some drama beyond the weekly question of how Ryan Seacrest can fill an hour-long results show with three minutes of news, and Del Toro definitely had that to spare. Making space for people like her, is going to be important when filling the last nine finalist slots.
Having a bunch of clean-cut candidates vying for the title is great for the show's image, but unless there's a little edge, it becomes tiring. In addition to people to love, "Idol" needs people the viewers love to hate. Otherwise the only people to dislike are the judges, and after eight seasons it's hard to muster up much outrage over whatever Simon says to the women sitting next to him.
Why Sarver, and not Anoop Dog?
It's always been helpful to have an engaging story, but this year the odds are even more against the singers who haven't been the darlings of the TV cameras thus far.
Sarver did not become one of the first three singers to make the finals because he had a great performance. There wasn't much separating him from Desai, or Braddy, or Brent Keith. But Sarver's story is much better known — 27 years old, working on an oil rig, probably his one big chance at stardom.
Odds are that this backstory gave him the edge over Desai in their race to advance. Desai's fanbase wasn't much smaller than Sarver's, however, and Ryan Seacrest described the margin of separation between them as 20,000 votes. That, combined with the popular "Anoop Dog" nickname that Randy hung on Desai early (per Desai's own request), makes Desai a strong candidate to sneak in via the wild-card round.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29303393/

L. A. Times article on our friend of the revolution:

<TABLE id=maincontenttable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=980 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 13px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 13px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=980 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=596><!-- BEGIN HEADER -->Idol Tracker: What you're watching

<!-- content nav -->? Meet the Faces of Round Two: Allison Iraheta | Main | This week's post-game special guest - Jon Peter Lewis ?

<!-- END HEADER --><!--BLOG POSTS BEGIN HERE--><!-- entries --><!-- begin custom individual entry --><!-- entry -->February 23, 2009
Meet the faces of Round Two: Mishavonna Henson

03:32 PM PT, Feb 23 2009

We spoke by phone Friday with Mishavonna Henson. The self-assured and hilarious 18-year-old will face the voters Wednesday night as the semifinals go to round two. Below are excerpts from our conversation.
Question: How old are you?
Mishavonna: I'm 18.
Question: So are you in high school?
Mishavonna: No. I graduated in '07.
Question: Where did you go to high school?
Mishavonna: I was home schooled. A joy. It was so fun.
Question: Have you sung around town at all?
Mishavonna: Yeah. I've sung all over L.A. and Orange County and stuff for the past like five years. I sing at the Wilshire Theater. Then small places like a place called Genghis Cohen and a place up in Thousand Oaks called Borderline. I sing there all the time. It's like a country bar.
Question: What's your L.A. like? What kinds of places do you hang out?
Mishavonna: I love to shop in L.A. It has the best shopping.
Question: What are your favorite stores?
Mishavonna: I like to go to the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, obviously. That's like my favorite mall.
Question: How have the past couple of weeks been since getting through Hollywood?
Mishavonna: It's been great, seriously. There's a little bit of stress. It's imminent and it's coming soon.
Question: Just a little?
Mishavonna: Just a little. I'm pretty calm. I'm ready for it. I feel so prepared and I'm really excited more than anything.
Question: How do you get to be so calm at 18 when you're going up in front of tens of millions of people?
Mishavonna: Well, one I've been in the industry since I was 6 and so the whole waiting around thing I'm so used to that. It's what I love to do so it doesn't bother me.

Question: You're also an actor?
Mishavonna: Yeah. I've been acting since I was 6years old.
Question: What kinds of things have you done?
Mishavonna: Lots and lots of student films and independent films. I was on 'Frasier' when I was about 14, on the Nickelodeon show 'Unfabulous', on a Lifetime show called 'What Should You Do' and a lot of independent films and a few commercials.
Question: Have you never not wanted to be famous?
Mishavonna: Exactly. I mean, it's not about the fame really. It's just about doing what I love and that's entertaining people.
Question: How have you been preparing for this week?
Mishavonna: Just prepping 24/7 and getting myself mentally prepared. It's pretty intense here.
Question: You've auditioned before and probably watched 'Idol' for a long time. So how has it compared to your expectations?
Mishavonna: Actually, it's better than what I expected because you see it on TV and it looks like there's so much drama and stress and it's really not, or at least this season anyway. Everyone is so chill and we all get along and it's just like a whole big group of friends.
Question: Is there anyone that you've become special friends with?
Mishavonna: No, not particularly. I mean, everyone. I love everyone.
Question: Can you talk about how you picked the song you're going to do, was that a hard choice?
Mishavonna: We were given a list of things to do and such and how to pick our songs. I found this one and it's been a song that I've loved for a long time and I know that a lot of people like it. It's a popular song and so I figured that people will like listening to it and then in turn vote for me.
Question: What would you like people to see about Mishavonna in terms of what kind of artist you are and what kind of person you are when you perform this week?
Mishavonna: That I'm a relatable person, that I'm just like anyone else and that it's possible to reach your goals in life. I start talking and I get retarded sometimes. But that it's possible to achieve your dreams and that you can do anything if you put your mind to it and if you keep trying. I didn't make it last year but I tried again and now here I am.
Question: What other artists would you compare yourself to or would you like people to compare you to?
Mishavonna: I don't really compare myself to anyone because I have a very unique voice, but style wise, what I'd like to be as an artist would be a mix between -? I don't know if you've ever heard of her -? Brandi Carlisle. It's like a folk rock. I've been in country for a long, long time and I'm kind of easing out of that right now, but I still have that tone in my voice that I can't get rid of. So I like doing folk rock, acoustic kind of stuff. Brandi Carlisle and then like the acoustic Cold Play and Death Cab. Then my vocal inspiration would be Celine Dion because she's just incredible.
Question: Watching the show last week and watching the results show, how did all of that feel?
Mishavonna: It was crazy because I know all those people and Alexis [Grace] was my roommate for a while and when I watched the results show I flipped out when she made it. I screamed I was so excited for her. Honestly, I feel like it was me waiting there for the results because you know them so well and you're like, 'Oh, my gosh, they have to make it.' It was crazy.
Question: Is it scary watching people who don't make it through?
Mishavonna: It is. It really is. I just have to do my best and I won't be in that position.
- Richard Rushfield
photo: Fox

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Why Sarver, and not Anoop Dog?
It's always been helpful to have an engaging story, but this year the odds are even more against the singers who haven't been the darlings of the TV cameras thus far.
Sarver did not become one of the first three singers to make the finals because he had a great performance. There wasn't much separating him from Desai, or Braddy, or Brent Keith. But Sarver's story is much better known — 27 years old, working on an oil rig, probably his one big chance at stardom.
Odds are that this backstory gave him the edge over Desai in their race to advance. Desai's fanbase wasn't much smaller than Sarver's, however, and Ryan Seacrest described the margin of separation between them as 20,000 votes. That, combined with the popular "Anoop Dog" nickname that Randy hung on Desai early (per Desai's own request), makes Desai a strong candidate to sneak in via the wild-card round.

Hey I could have wrote this. And that is exactly what I said. The difference between Anoop Dog, picked up on my suggestion way too late, and roughneck Sarver was tv time or pimpage. He had a story that made his get that third place vote by a measly 20,000 votes. But Anoop is almost a shoe in for wild card. The lamer the story the better. But the Anoopster took forever to figure it out, and got outstoried and outpimped. He sure as hell did not get outsung. Right now the top story is from deadwife Hokey Gokey. He gets cheered before he performs. This contest has become of mockery of talent. This winners have a slim and no chance of commercial success. It is now talent alone gets you nowhere. Bring some lame sob story or something else so they can pimp you out on that. American Idol does not need singing talent, it needs angles.

Best wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Nice knowing her. Next.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

She's probably third best chick in her group, part of the Brunette horde. Behind Megan and Jasmine. Her 15 seconds will end when she is not even chosen as a wild card. Pick a new horse Dobie.

Jasmine pretty mediocre, left the door open for Jeanine.

Matt was terrible, his stock dropped faster than AIG after that.

Mishavonna is Mr. Smith's pick and yes she has been "Garret Haley-d", i.e. no screen time.

The road to stardom is littered with friends of Doberman. Rarely do they make an impact except for in the Philippines or some far-off place like that.

How hard is it to pick a freakin' song????? Apparently, harder than climbing Everest. :hangt

They still need to find 3 in this group tonight none of the first 3 deserve a invite to the wildcard round

I'm voting for Jeanine just to see her legs again. I can always watch the next episode on mute. Actually come to think of it, tht would be quite an improvement.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Who is offering bets on the 2nd round besides Matchbook?

American Idol- Season 8- Second Semifinal Group- February 25, 2009

I?ve been dreading this all week. Two hours of pain, two hours of suffering, two hours of throbbing headaches. No, I?m not talking about that dreaded root canal at the dentist. The road to good intentions is apparently paved with clich?s and garbled unintelligible banter?this is American Idol.

First up is precocious Jasmine Murray. The majority of Idol winners have come from the south and Jasmine hails from Mississippi. When she talks she sounds kind of like a cross between the leading lady in ?Gone with the Wind? and Forrest Gump. She?s only 16, dawg. Picking a lousy pop number ?Love Song?, she fails on the upper register. Jasmine may have the look of a contender, but her voice is a tomato can.

You know those lousy dueling piano players that you see in a bar once and think ?hey that?s kind of neat?, then proceed to realize how stupid it is the next 100 times you see it? Well Matt Giraud is their leader. He wowed the judges in Hollywood and is considered to be a top contender. One minute and twenty painful seconds later, Matt finally ends his breathy, painfully thin vocally, and goat-vibrato version of Coldplay. That was just terrible and absolutely highlighted his vocal limitations. They need to either wheel out a piano or wheel out a casket for him.

So far this season Jeanine Vailes has received the Garret Haley treatment. She?s had less screen time than Brian Dunkelman this year. Jeanine sees your Garret Haley and raises you a Haley Scarnato. Holy legs, Batman! She kind of looks like a poor man?s version of Leona Lewis. Did I mention her legs? No need to bother mentioning her singing, it was nonexistent. That made Stevie Wright sound like Celine Dion. It would have been a hell of a performance on mute. Seriously.

What the fuck is this shit? Nick, Norman, whatever. It was sorta funny the first time. Now it?s just sad. Retard Idol. Yay. Next.

We are hoping that Allison Iraheta will be the tourniquet to stop the bleeding. Our hopes may be dashed as she does her best Joaquin Phoenix imitation in the Seacrest interview. Once again a hideous song choice. Why someone would try and out-Carrie Carrie Underwood I will never know. It seems like Allison will keep it together in the beginning, but her outright screaming at the end leaves a bit of a bad taste. The fact she is as dumb as a box of rocks on an Oklahoma highway won?t play in her favor down the road either.

The invisible man, Kris Allen, is on stage. Kris should join forces with Ricky Braddy and file a class-action suit against Idol. Another curious song choice, if Idol was serious about pimping him they would put images of starving children behind him while he was singing. It was a decent but forgettable and pedestrian performance. Fodder, thy name is Kris.

Save us Megan Corkrey, save us! Subtle pimpage with the single mom scene in the montage. Finally a little bit of a smart song choice. Megan Joy is jazzy and ?Put Your Records on? is right in her wheelhouse. If you hadn?t heard that song, you likely wouldn?t ?get it?. If you have then you know that she nailed that at times and missed on others. All together it was intriguing whilst imperfect as well.

Prince Albert of WWE fame is up next. Let?s hope he doesn?t mangle this song like he did Darren Drozdov (seriously, next to no one will get that reference). Matt the welder is looking to take the Michael Sarver ?man?s man? route this week to the finals. I?m guessing that he really brings the house down at the bowling alley in Hicksville on karaoke night with this number. Simply no pizzazz, no excitement, and mediocre vocally. Meh.

Jesse Langseth is our American DUIdol. Her song choice will likely not be Reel Big Fish?s ?Beer? tonight. Maybe ?Margaritaville? would be more appropriate. Instead she opts for ?Bette Davis Eyes?. Unlike every other contestant on the show, Jesse knows how to actually carry a tune. That alone makes her unique. Of course, she has no wow factor at all. That will make her fit right in on our search for the next mediocre superstar.

Kai Kalama is looking to fill the Asian void in the finals. He?s going old-school and trying to break the girl?s hearts. I?m kind of bored with his singing and am just wondering why he looks absolutely nothing like his mom. Compared to many others, he?s a fairly decent singer. Much like the rest he?s pretty forgettable as well. The good news is the Kai/Anoop tour will be able to play nursing homes around the country sooner rather than later.

Mishavonna Henson is a friend of the revolution. Being a friend of Doberman is usually the death knell on this show. However, no one has stood out yet so Miss Henson-Malloy/Smith has her window of opportunity. Tonight?s theme is terrible song choices. Mishavonna should have broken out some Edie Brickell or Natalie Merchant instead of Train. Given that she has suffered from lack of airtime, Mishavonna didn?t blow the doors off the barn and slipped at times into the Norah Jones-zone.

Co-favorite Adam Lambert gets the pimp spot. Something about this kid screams the love child of Clay Aiken and Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Doll?s lead singer folks). Adam has the Constantine camera-eye fuck mastered. He?s also really, really theatrical if you haven?t noticed. It?s an utterly over-the-top performance of epic proportions. Lambert is the yin to Idol?s Gokey yang.

Thankfully the show is finally over. That truly was painful. Downright painful.

Who should advance: Adam, Megan, Jeanine's legs

Who will advance: Adam, Allison, Megan

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Corkery is a good singer, not that that heps on this reality shitfest

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I never got Matt Giraud. I hope he doesnt take a spot that should go to someone else

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

Wow, that was one gawd awful group tonight. Lots of material for GD though.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Iraheta makes Tardchuletta seem highly intelligent. Its mind bottling, but there it is. Her talking should have been the highlight of the evening entertainment wise, but Stormin Norman turned in a first ballet idol HOF perforance.

Man, Iraheta sang good though.

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

Week 2 Semi-Finals

1. Jasmine Murray - Kiss of Death leadoff spot for this poor girl. "Love Song" - hasn't this been the request of every judge for somebody to sing? Well, Jasmine wasn't the correct singer for it. Pretty dull and forgettable. Didn't sound good and she's likely done. She might get a wildcard shot.

2. Matt Giraud - Damn, I liked this guy. Not tonight. I thought I was watching a bad iPod commercial and waiting for it to end. It was all over the place, and dancing around the right note kind of like when Yosemite Sam put the explosives on the piano for Bugs Bunny. Find the damn note, will ya? I personally hope he gets another shot, but sadly I think he's a goner.

3. Jeanine Vailes - So apparently girls can be cannon fodder too - who knew? I like Maroon 5, I know Maroon 5, and honey that was no Maroon 5. As I watched it I just knew that we'd hear about her outfit or legs, and of course Paula Painkillers doesn't disappoint. "Great Legs"...."It's Season 8"...was about all she could say - and she said any fact she could think of aside from "Today is Wednesday". :lmao: at that review. But nice legs. :pickle:

4. Norman Gentle / Nick Mitchell - Great entertaining performance, and the guy can actually sing! I believed him when he said there was some sound issue, and maybe - MAYBE - that explains the three that preceded him. Regardless, I'll remember "Norman" and I hope he goes through. He's worth seeing in the Final 12.

5. Allison Iraheta - :moneybag: I should have put some serious coin on this one, as the cat is out of the bag. At least she's on my AI8 Fantasy Team :bag: . But seriously folks, the girl picked a great song ("Alone" by Heart) and blew the doors off the joint. She's 16 and she sang better than any other female contestant. Should win Week 2 in a landslide.

6. Kris Allen - First mistake, he wanted to sing it "to the best of his ability". Guess what, EVERYONE CAN DO THAT - that's why it is their own ability!!! The sad thing is (for him) is that he looks the part and can sing, but he's stuck in the middle of the rest of several forgettable contestants and no one will remember a pretty good performance. The judges didn't even have to say "you can't choose a Michael Jackson song", as some even liked his interpretation. Surrounded by Norman and Adam won't get it done though - but he could make the wildcard. The lack of personality kills his chances despite his talent.

7. Megan Joy Corkrey - Okay I go back to my original statement regarding the alleged early favorites. Why is this girl a favorite? She sings with a Fargo-esque accent ("Let your haird DEAHWNNN") and dances like a hula girl on a dashboard. I've seen better animatronics out of Bender on Futurama. Decent singing, but let's review, shall we? Odd look, odd voice, odd mechanics and odd outfit (early summer window drapery). Um, yeah. Thanks for playing. Even the judge-love can't save her.

8. Matt Breitzke - He's a welder. And he sings. And he has a family. And they like his singing. And his welding. Plus he looks like a tough guy. Then he opens his mouth and a tenor voice comes out of a bass body. Uh oh. Then he sings a good Tonic song ("If You Can Only See..."). Another hated song by the judges and they're a bit right with this one. Bad performance and it didn't fit him - despite him liking the song. Contestants, please note - it doesn't matter if you love the song, you have to be able to pick one you perform well. Better luck next time, if there is one, Matt. But hey, we all love ya Matt - good luck.

9. Jesse Langseth - "Bette Davis Eyes" was close - I was thinking "Bette Davis Fivehead". So much comes to mind, but mostly "Karaoke". She has some style and personality, but that won't overcome that average performance. That was forgettable with a capital F. Oh and the 80s called - they want their one-armed sweater back.

10. Kai Kalama - Coolest name of the night (how did Paula miss this easy comment?). Sporting a Norman-rejected black and silver shirt, the Kai style ends right there. Straight up performance of an average but OLD OLD OLD song. Florida may vote well for him, unless Matlock was on TNT. Bye bye Kai.

11. Mishavonna Henson - Blue dresses are a good way to go, so the 18-year old from Califonia got that part right, but the black pants wasn't the right finish to that look. She tried to play up the young look and sing a contemporary Train song ("Drops of Jupiter"). Decent pick, but could have gone much better. Had a great timeslot with the last female to perform, but left much to be desired. Forgettable.

12. Adam Lambert - Oh man. I'm having flashbacks of Headbanger's Ball on MTV. No, not the Guns 'N Roses, LA Guns, Megadeth glory days of that show. I'm talking about the waning years and a bastardized version where the show lost its identity and anyone that had any hint of an edge could make an appearance. Think "Extreme" and "Warrant". This guy would get his ass kicked by the original. Now, a generation sadly has nearly passed since that show was on and just like that a new audience who thinks that this guy is edgy will pick him as a rocker type and vote like crazy for him.

Picks for the evening:

Male - Adam
Female - Allison
Wildcard - Norman

biggamer3

EOG Master

Dobes good stuff, you are dead on, this weeks theme was "awful songs"

Though Adam pisses the hell outta me, he was damn good and by miles the best tonight, i personally think he was better than Gokey.

Megan was so damn cute and she was really good IMO, that red haired chick was average at best, dont see the love she was getting.

Nick/Norman is not stupid he will get a VH1 gig as a comedian who talks about celebs and shit, smart move by him to do that.

the rest of the guys were awful, so Adam, Megan and hopefully Nick

biggamer3

EOG Master

Week 2 Semi-Finals

1. Jasmine Murray - Kiss of Death leadoff spot for this poor girl. "Love Song" - hasn't this been the request of every judge for somebody to sing? Well, Jasmine wasn't the correct singer for it. Pretty dull and forgettable. Didn't sound good and she's likely done. She might get a wildcard shot.

2. Matt Giraud - Damn, I liked this guy. Not tonight. I thought I was watching a bad iPod commercial and waiting for it to end. It was all over the place, and dancing around the right note kind of like when Yosemite Sam put the explosives on the piano for Bugs Bunny. Find the damn note, will ya? I personally hope he gets another shot, but sadly I think he's a goner.

3. Jeanine Vailes - So apparently girls can be cannon fodder too - who knew? I like Maroon 5, I know Maroon 5, and honey that was no Maroon 5. As I watched it I just knew that we'd hear about her outfit or legs, and of course Paula Painkillers doesn't disappoint. "Great Legs"...."It's Season 8"...was about all she could say - and she said any fact she could think of aside from "Today is Wednesday". lol.gif at that review. But nice legs. pickles.gif

4. Norman Gentle / Nick Mitchell - Great entertaining performance, and the guy can actually sing! I believed him when he said there was some sound issue, and maybe - MAYBE - that explains the three that preceded him. Regardless, I'll remember "Norman" and I hope he goes through. He's worth seeing in the Final 12.

5. Allison Iraheta - moneybag.gif I should have put some serious coin on this one, as the cat is out of the bag. At least she's on my AI8 Fantasy Team bag.gif . But seriously folks, the girl picked a great song ("Alone" by Heart) and blew the doors off the joint. She's 16 and she sang better than any other female contestant. Should win Week 2 in a landslide.

6. Kris Allen - First mistake, he wanted to sing it "to the best of his ability". Guess what, EVERYONE CAN DO THAT - that's why it is their own ability!!! The sad thing is (for him) is that he looks the part and can sing, but he's stuck in the middle of the rest of several forgettable contestants and no one will remember a pretty good performance. The judges didn't even have to say "you can't choose a Michael Jackson song", as some even liked his interpretation. Surrounded by Norman and Adam won't get it done though - but he could make the wildcard. The lack of personality kills his chances despite his talent.

7. Megan Joy Corkrey - Okay I go back to my original statement regarding the alleged early favorites. Why is this girl a favorite? She sings with a Fargo-esque accent ("Let your haird DEAHWNNN") and dances like a hula girl on a dashboard. I've seen better animatronics out of Bender on Futurama. Decent singing, but let's review, shall we? Odd look, odd voice, odd mechanics and odd outfit (early summer window drapery). Um, yeah. Thanks for playing. Even the judge-love can't save her.

8. Matt Breitzke - He's a welder. And he sings. And he has a family. And they like his singing. And his welding. Plus he looks like a tough guy. Then he opens his mouth and a tenor voice comes out of a bass body. Uh oh. Then he sings a good Tonic song ("If You Can Only See..."). Another hated song by the judges and they're a bit right with this one. Bad performance and it didn't fit him - despite him liking the song. Contestants, please note - it doesn't matter if you love the song, you have to be able to pick one you perform well. Better luck next time, if there is one, Matt. But hey, we all love ya Matt - good luck.

9. Jesse Langseth - "Bette Davis Eyes" was close - I was thinking "Bette Davis Fivehead". So much comes to mind, but mostly "Karaoke". She has some style and personality, but that won't overcome that average performance. That was forgettable with a capital F. Oh and the 80s called - they want their one-armed sweater back.

10. Kai Kalama - Coolest name of the night (how did Paula miss this easy comment?). Sporting a Norman-rejected black and silver shirt, the Kai style ends right there. Straight up performance of an average but OLD OLD OLD song. Florida may vote well for him, unless Matlock was on TNT. Bye bye Kai.

11. Mishavonna Henson - Blue dresses are a good way to go, so the 18-year old from Califonia got that part right, but the black pants wasn't the right finish to that look. She tried to play up the young look and sing a contemporary Train song ("Drops of Jupiter"). Decent pick, but could have gone much better. Had a great timeslot with the last female to perform, but left much to be desired. Forgettable.

12. Adam Lambert - Oh man. I'm having flashbacks of Headbanger's Ball on MTV. No, not the Guns 'N Roses, LA Guns, Megadeth glory days of that show. I'm talking about the waning years and a bastardized version where the show lost its identity and anyone that had any hint of an edge could make an appearance. Think "Extreme" and "Warrant". This guy would get his ### kicked by the original. Now, a generation sadly has nearly passed since that show was on and just like that a new audience who thinks that this guy is edgy will pick him as a rocker type and vote like crazy for him.

Picks for the evening:

Male - Adam rolleyes1.gif
Female - Allison pickles.gif
Wildcard - Norman w00t.gif

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Good stuff as well

biggamer3

EOG Master

Guys can you believe it, Adam said he loved the Twilight movie, NO FUCKING WAY!!!

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

Iraheta makes Tardchuletta seem highly intelligent. Its mind bottling, but there it is. Her talking should have been the highlight of the evening entertainment wise, but Stormin Norman turned in a first ballet idol HOF perforance.

Man, Iraheta sang good though.

"Mind bottling"???

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Lambert over the top. shouting. doberman right there. they are trying so hard to like the people they like and missing when they miss

lambert :fireext

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Iraheta and Lambert by far the best 2.

I''ll stick Megan in 3rd.