American Idol...anyone watching?

Buckeye

EOG Veteran
Re: American Idol...anyone watching?

For some reason, I had Sayesha winning this thing the moment I saw her during audition week. Thought she was VERY solid the past few weeks. However, tonight she layed an egg with Yesterday. Combine that with the fact she was in the bottom three last week, and she might be gone.

Kristy Lee wasn't awful....he arrangements are KILLING her though. But she's easy on the eyes....she stays another week.

Ramielle, who I thought was awful up until tonight, was one of the better performers of the night. VERY solid job on I Should Have Known Better.

If it were up to me, Amanda goes in a heartbeat. Her screaming rendition of Back In The USSR was enough for me to check and see if Andy Griffith was on TVLand (it wasn't). I was hoping to catch the Darling Clan pickin and grinning, as it would have been a huge improvement.

I was disappointed the past two weeks. Being a Beatles fanatic, I was really looking forward to the performances, but for the most part I was let down bigtime. Maybe because I am so close to the songs, the Idol wannabees just couldnt match up.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Amanda, this year's Gina Glockson just could not have done worse with back to back Beatles. Her limited range, almost no range just did not work with those soft melodies. It hurt to hear her butcher those classics. Big mistake overall to go back to back same theme both weeks. Best songs gone, 2 ok performances and a bunch of duds. Brooke crashed to Earth hard, which was overdue. KKKristy Lee stunk, just not as bad. Girls with zero experience are outperforming her. Penthouse awaits. I think Kristy Lee gets a reprieve because of her babilicious fuckability factor. I wouldn't do Amanda after a bottle of Jack. She has to go. Horrible week. Onto another theme.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Your still my girl, will you marry me?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I know this isn't gonna go over well but who cares. When i heard they were doing the Beatles again i knew the show would suck. The Beatles need to be put to rest. Yes the songs are great. For the 60's. 9 out of 11 of those songs sucked. Why would any of these idiots think they can take a song that nobody really heard and make it sound good and that goes for any song? There is a reason nobody remembers it and someone just breaking into the music industry isn't gonna make it any better.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

You are right that was awful...I would get rid of Amanda too over Kristy!
She should have been gone when she first started in front of the judges. She sings like she slurs. To me it has been annoying from day one. Poor Cook got bitch slapped. Simon must have heard he is beginning to become a snob and he doesn't like shit like that. "David you are becoming smug":LMAO

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I disagree, I think some of those songs are the best songs ever written, and the library is worth more than any other songwriters, by far. But they picked some clunkers, and then tried to tweak them, in an amatuer hour environment. No shot. I can go back and listen to those 60-70 Beatles songs, and still appreciate them more than anything produced after them, especially SGt. Peppers, a close to flawless album. It is hard to improve on very good music. But Thor, no sweat, music, like art, fine wine even women is a personal taste. I would never say, what you don't like the Beatles? Your crazy. I don't believe that. Good for you.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

The rocker will be in the bottom 3. As will Ramiele and Cook. All 3 were poor.

Chikeze will be safe. He actually has a very nice voice. He needs to find himself in terms of who he is as an artist.

Jason Castro, Michael Johns, and Syesha are all very good. They are on the same level., but not on the level of Archuletta/Cook/Carli/White.

Carli will win AI.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Carly has close to no chance. She already has three strikes against her.

1. She's not even American.

2. She's a failed pro.

3. She looks like a biker chick more than Amanda.

Besides The thought of her winning it and getting a large "I" tatooed on her left tit, and "WON" on her right tit just does not appeal to me. Maybe if the final vote was held on St Paddy's Day, and everybody was puking green beer, and the entire country of Ireland could somehow vote her, then maybe. Her voting base consists of drunken Irish bikers, tattoo artists and you ID. Not enough against D.A.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

The 3 best at this point

David A
Brooke of course
David Cook , he will sell some records.

*Carley Smithson, I am not so sure now about her....great voice though, that 'look' is starting to get to me!

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I disagree, I think some of those songs are the best songs ever written, and the library is worth more than any other songwriters, by far. But they picked some clunkers, and then tried to tweak them, in an amatuer hour environment. No shot. I can go back and listen to those 60-70 Beatles songs, and still appreciate them more than anything produced after them, especially SGt. Peppers, a close to flawless album. It is hard to improve on very good music. But Thor, no sweat, music, like art, fine wine even women is a personal taste. I would never say, what you don't like the Beatles? Your crazy. I don't believe that. Good for you.

One of the nicest post i ever saw which basically say's im nuts. I guess my thoughts are based on my cult like cousins pounding my brains on how the Beatles were one step above life in itself.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Anyone who doesn't think Achuletta is not gonna be in at least the finals is nuts. Just listen to the ovation he gets compared to the others and its all tiny boppers who will relentlessly dial up that phone that whole two hours (or is it an hour). Throw in the ass kissing from the judges and we have our winner. Hell even Simon last week had to explain to the kid he had to bash him. Anyone ever see him do that before? If i had to watch anyone it would be Cook but really he doesn't have that great of a voice. Castro saved his ass with one good song. He isn't anything special. Brookes has to keep her mouth shut to go on. Seems this broad doesn't know when to shut up and it will make her goody goody act get old soon. She always talks over or interupts someone. If she could keep quiet for five seconds she has a shot at the top two. Best two voices are the former saftey of the Rams and Carly.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

One of the nicest post i ever saw which basically say's im nuts. I guess my thoughts are based on my cult like cousins pounding my brains on how the Beatles were one step above life in itself.

I would never confuse nuts with different tastes. I knew a guy that went strictly by the book, rolling stone. I may like a certain Jimi Hendrix album, his answer, rolling stone rated it a C-. Same as wines, I may like a $10. bottle and not like a $100. bottle. No matter what the critics say. Besides, I respect you going against the grain, which I normally also do. But on this subject, I think Lennon McCartney was the best music songwriting partnership in this era. The one legged troll may have got Paul for 50 mil. And the gubment may have silenced peace loving John, but the music still sells today. Was I infatuated with the Beatles, no, my music tastes went everywhere. Variety is the spice of life. But they brought a lot to the scene that is still used today. George Martin helped.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Anyone who doesn't think Achuletta is not gonna be in at least the finals is nuts. Just listen to the ovation he gets compared to the others and its all tiny boppers who will relentlessly dial up that phone that whole two hours (or is it an hour). Throw in the ass kissing from the judges and we have our winner. Hell even Simon last week had to explain to the kid he had to bash him. Anyone ever see him do that before? If i had to watch anyone it would be Cook but really he doesn't have that great of a voice. Castro saved his ass with one good song. He isn't anything special. Brookes has to keep her mouth shut to go on. Seems this broad doesn't know when to shut up and it will make her goody goody act get old soon. She always talks over or interupts someone. If she could keep quiet for five seconds she has a shot at the top two. Best two voices are the former saftey of the Rams and Carly.

Yes, Brooke has traveled in too nice of circles to heard the term shut the fuck up. How can you be miss goody two shoes and constantly interrupt judges, trying to critique you. That is just plain rude. She reminds me of Melinda Dolittle, who played the what me good? innocent act until it was so transparent she got voted off. Last show she just babbled incessantly, that is not nice or good. At first I thought this would be a close contest, but the constant pandering and pimping for David, his dial idol numbers and the entire child prodigy innocent take me home act is huge with the main voting block, teeny boppers. It is his to lose.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Carli is surprisingly in the bottom 3 this week...

i thought it would be kristy lee, ramielle and the dreadlock boy...

since carli is there i would say kristy lee is going home

tony - not at all, my friend. just love the show and have made coin over the years picking winners. best wishes to you, sir.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

tony - not at all, my friend. just love the show and have made coin over the years picking winners. best wishes to you, sir.

Really, well you better start voting a few more thousand times for your horse Carly, she is already bottom 3 material. So both my negative plants Carly and KKKristy Lee are bottoming out. Only disasterous no range Amanda kept one of them from going home. Next week bride of Frankenstein won't be there to save them. What odds do you have this year's winner Carly at ID?

Best Wishes...oF :+textinb3

Archangel8

EOG Veteran

Really, well you better start voting a few more thousand times for your horse Carly, she is already bottom 3 material. So both my negative plants Carly and KKKristy Lee are bottoming out. Only disasterous no range Amanda kept one of them from going home. Next week bride of Frankenstein won't be there to save them. What odds do you have this year's winner Carly at ID?

Best Wishes...oF :+textinb3

agreed! it's almost certain Kristy Lee is going home next week..bad song choices and even with the right song, she can't sing..she's easy on the eyes but as a performer on stage, she's horrible.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

You know what no one has mentioned yet? I think this is one of the worst group of females in the history of the show. The bottom 3 were all women. Don't see that too often this early. That may happen when there is only one guy left, but usually it never happens. And that is the two pros leading the charge out. Pro #1 Carly, ID's horse or the winner she picked is a horse alright. But like I said before, a dual disqualifier. Plus she has more baggage than a handler at the airport. The crazy tats, the freaky husband, blaming her record company, 9/11, everyone but herself. At first, she was pandered as the great white Irish hope, but just like in boxing, she is getting her ass kicked. Real bad tell, she finally found that magical song first week in Beatles, Simon said a championship moment, ala Kelly Clarkson. This week he rips her to shreds again. The two nincompoops next to him still have not figured it out, but she is going down in flames. You just can't polish a turd, and Simon is distancing himself from former comments, she had everything it took to win it all. Look at her, who would vote for that.

KKKristy is just amazingly bad. And she performed professionally onstage in Texas for years. I know, it sounds like bs watching her. She has tried everything, from puppies, to horses, to sympathy, but you can only bottom out so long before you hit the bricks. If she was not drop dead gorgeous, she'd be back in Selma again, because after this she has no future in the recording business, maybe even on stage unless it is with a pole. What a mess. Look at Pickler, she does not look half as good, but she made that country transformation, and at least she can perform and is semi likable. KKKristy has tried that for years and even the country hayseeds, rubes, crackers and hillbillies are shunning her. Or maybe they can't figure out how to vote. Either way, she is toast. I sit there and think, I wish this babe could sort of perform, I'd do her. But she can't. I wonder if she performs oral sex as bad, does she bite?

Best
Wishes...OF :+waving-5

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

You know what no one has mentioned yet? I think this is one of the worst group of females in the history of the show. The bottom 3 were all women. Don't see that too often this early. That may happen when there is only one guy left, but usually it never happens. And that is the two pros leading the charge out. Pro #1 Carly, ID's horse or the winner she picked is a horse alright. But like I said before, a dual disqualifier. Plus she has more baggage than a handler at the airport. The crazy tats, the freaky husband, blaming her record company, 9/11, everyone but herself. At first, she was pandered as the great white Irish hope, but just like in boxing, she is getting her ass kicked. Real bad tell, she finally found that magical song first week in Beatles, Simon said a championship moment, ala Kelly Clarkson. This week he rips her to shreds again. The two nincompoops next to him still have not figured it out, but she is going down in flames. You just can't polish a turd, and Simon is distancing himself from former comments, she had everything it took to win it all. Look at her, who would vote for that.

KKKristy is just amazingly bad. And she performed professionally onstage in Texas for years. I know, it sounds like bs watching her. She has tried everything, from puppies, to horses, to sympathy, but you can only bottom out so long before you hit the bricks. If she was not drop dead gorgeous, she'd be back in Selma again, because after this she has no future in the recording business, maybe even on stage unless it is with a pole. What a mess. Look at Pickler, she does not look half as good, but she made that country transformation, and at least she can perform and is semi likable. KKKristy has tried that for years and even the country hayseeds, rubes, crackers and hillbillies are shunning her. Or maybe they can't figure out how to vote. Either way, she is toast. I sit there and think, I wish this babe could sort of perform, I'd do her. But she can't. I wonder if she performs oral sex as bad, does she bite?

Best

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the final 2 or even final 3 are all men.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Best

I agree, I don't understand why they're saying this group is so talented.

Pickler the nice thing to see , she is the same country bumpkin just with a 'better job' as she called it...she is probably too dumb to even comprehend how much money she has now. She is okay in my book.

the females are weak, if Brooke doesn't win it, she is the only hope.

maybe next week they will do Beatles songs :(

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

funny thing, they are knocking ramielle for her song choice, and fact that she is sick, and damn, this was the frist time all year that i liked her.....

of course i love Heart anyway, so any song by them is fun to hear...but i thought she was pretty good.......thats a great song anyway though

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Brook is going to be doing The Police....I cant even imagine what Police song she will sing....

only one i can think of her singing is "Every breath you take"...

i sure cant see her singing Roxanne, or message in bottle, Synchronicity, da do ra ra ra, Dont Stand so close to me....none of those sound like Brooke

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Brook is going to be doing The Police....I cant even imagine what Police song she will sing....

only one i can think of her singing is "Every breath you take"...

i sure cant see her singing Roxanne, or message in bottle, Synchronicity, da do ra ra ra, Dont Stand so close to me....none of those sound like Brooke

And "Every Breath you Take" it is.....

very first word she messes up, and has to start over...but she recovered pretty well, i think she'll be ok....

Man EVERY TIME she sings though, i still see Carly Simon....she reminds me SO MUCH of her, and thats not a bad thing....one of the best singers of her era...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I think top 3 are all guys. Never seen that in history of show. If David Cook had any looks he would win on talent. But other David still the cute lovable vote getter. Huge favorite. Even Aussie had another very good performance. KKKristy may last as she finally did not suck. Carly, just another clunker. Pretty unimpressive show as all girls stunk, maybe KKKristy 90-1 was best of broads. Brokke fading fast, and Jacuzzi had weakest in weeks. Sure did not seem like top 10 tonight, more like top 3, all guys.

Journeyman

EOG Master

It was David Cook and the Ausie and then the rest tonight...Cook would have a great shot if he looked the part... Brooke is fading fast.. ..Carly was very suspect again , I didnt care for Kristy but everyone else seemed too, she needs to come out with something besides a precitable feel good country number, just once!

The kid with the dreds should be gone but his unique look might keep him around....I am sick of David A...WTF was that feel good theme park song he did tonight? Simon was right on the money.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

damn, Kimberly Locke from season 2, looks great....she has dropped about 40 pounds, and she really looks good and happy.....good to see it, and she was a fan favorite during season 2, only to lose out to the Reuben vs Clay finale....

She sounds pretty good too......

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

well, "easy peezie, lemon Chekezie" goes home tonight...after showing strong for a couple of weeks, he couldnt hang any longer last night...

Kristy Lee avoided the bottom 3 for the 1st time, and looked shocked when it happened....

Her song choice bailed her out Bucs....Chekezie is the right guy to go if it's a popularity contest...which it is. He's an old school R&B guy that most 21 year olds can't relate too.

But as a singing competition.....wrong one for now. But with 30 million voters, we know what type of competition it is.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Kristy could gain some momentum now but she needs to step out of her country roots and go for broke.

Dreadlock boy lucked out...he should be next to go, Cheezie has a much better voice than him, but not the look.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

KKKristy is history. She has no chance a one week wonder saved her. Jacuzzi just stunk it up and was my choice to go based on horrendous performance. The white Bob Marley crossed with Jeff Spicoli just keeps hangin around, and it is not from singing talent. But the other three guys are solid. Any of the bimbos could go and will go once he is gone. Without performances it is just speculation, black chick bottomed, with black guy, but he is gone so she is sole soul. I think dreads is history this week or next, but the chicks will start dropping every week after, or sooner.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Did you see him? If he was not stoned, he sure acted like it. What's next, he is going to order a pizza during the show? Uh, I uh dunno, I just sang the song, uhhhh, duhhh. Dude, the stoners are too wasted to vote and don't care. They are looking to score another bag or munchies. And I was with my date, and we were munching dinner, and one of my dreads fell off in my hand. Gnarly! Not exactly Idol material.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

hard to watch this performance this week, and not think that David will be in the final 2 or 3 for sure....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpX-kndqHnE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpX-kndqHnE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Journeyman

EOG Master

Did you see him? If he was not stoned, he sure acted like it. What's next, he is going to order a pizza during the show? Uh, I uh dunno, I just sang the song, uhhhh, duhhh. Dude, the stoners are too wasted to vote and don't care. They are looking to score another bag or munchies. And I was with my date, and we were munching dinner, and one of my dreads fell off in my hand. Gnarly! Not exactly Idol material.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Oh yeah we were cracking up watching him! His reactions to Ryan's questions were 'interesting' .

:smokesmal