Bears

howid

EOG Dedicated
Acquired Tuesday from the Arizona Cardinals, Dobbs did not receive a single rep with the Vikings' offense during the practice week. Before Sunday, he hadn't thrown a practice pass to any of their receivers, nor taken a snap from center Garrett Bradbury. He didn't even know most of their full names, he later admitted.

Valuist

EOG Master
Is Eberflus all there? I heard a back and forth between him and some reporters re: Fields.

Eberflus: "We are very pleased at his (Fields) progress. He hasn't been medically cleared yet, but we haven't ruled him out, by any means. We are labeling him as doubtful.."

Is Eberflus familiar with the injury report? In the past 15 years, I can only think of one player listed as doubtful who actually ended up playing, and that was Brett Favre.
Doubtful = out

Valuist

EOG Master
I don’t think Sweat had a sack but he had a number of pressures. I understand 2 of last 5 games were against Carolina and the Raiders but under 250 yards allowed in 3 of L5. So many new faces on D they seemed unprepared first few games of the season but are trending upward. Forget recency bias; in the NFL the public forms an opinion on the first 3-4 games and is very reluctant to change. And when they do, it’s too late. They still view the Bears (and Denver for that matter) as a bottom 2-3 defense. In both cases, it isn’t the case.

blueline

EOG Master
Lombardi still calls the trade stupid.....good player....gave up elite player capital to get him....could have grabbed him on tbe open market for the ridiculous amount they signed him for....according to Lombardi

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Awful football game. Risked -170 and -3 on that complete dog pile of a shit game.

There aren't words in the dictionary bad enough to express how bad that game was.

Valuist

EOG Master
Lombardi still calls the trade stupid.....good player....gave up elite player capital to get him....could have grabbed him on tbe open market for the ridiculous amount they signed him for....according to Lombardi

Lombardi and I have different agendas. He looks at it from a GM standpoint, and yes, a 2nd rounder was probably too much. I look it as a team with a very young secondary, desperately in need of a second pass rusher, as the guy they signed in offseason was getting too many double teams. When one is a bad team, they have to look for signs of hope. The Bears are very good against the run. If the pass D can just be average, the overall D is still underrated in the betting market due to the horrible start to the season. The Bears still have issues with their passing game, and just overall stupidity (minus 5 turnovers vs the Saints and penalized 65 more yards yet only lost by 7).

If I'm a head coach, my team would spend several hours every week on game strategy, situational play, and full understanding of the rules. This applies even more at the college level as we see some of the dumbest plays in any sport occuring in college football.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
maybe its something...maybe its nothing....

no one has really mentioned it on the radio.

too early to apologize in advance for another Bears MNF game?

blueline

EOG Master
cant get it to embed :

Ben Devine
@Chicago_NFL

According to nsider
@AlbertBreer, he believes it’s trending toward both Matt Eberflus and Ryan Poles being let go after the season with President Kevin Warren getting “his own guys in there” and being “more involved on the football side.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yep I thought he might have turned the corner tonight but nope!
The bears got some yds on those screens a couple times, fields had a good run and a scramble or two that worked, but other than that he's the same QB who cant throw, and who they dont trust to throw.

This is his 3rd year i think, it's time to find out if he can play QB, throwing nothing but screens is how you both lose games and find out nothing in the process.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Part of it is his OL, part of it is the OC, who will be gone after the season.
The problem is he's been a pro for 3 yrs and the excuses still pour in. NO, the problem is him, if you watched that game he looked bad, you know a guy is bad when he finally completes a pass(like in that final drive) and you're surprised...holy cow, he fired that one in there.

4 turnovers(+3 differential) and they were fortunate to win, they had big break after big break and they were forced to come out with runs up the middle and screen passes because Fields cant be trusted to try real throws downfield. I would give the bears another TO because the vikes foolishly went for it on 4th down from their own 45 or so and failed early in the game.

As far as the OL goes, he had time, he wasn't running for his life for the most part, they also ran decent and had many positive runs.

It seems like Fields cant throw the ball unless he runs around a bit, the only time he threw the ball quick is on designed short passes and screens, pretty much every other time he went back, looked around for too long, then starts running around. I think he's either slow to read defenses or he simply lacks the confidence to throw early.

Valuist

EOG Master
How does he look now, there's a reason most passes they attempt are behind the line of scrimmage(by design), it's because he sucks.

Fields has cut down on the INTs. He has plenty of arm strength. The O-line is poor at pass protection. Yes, he holds onto the ball too long, but the play calling is on Getsy, not him.

His issue now? Cut down on the fumbles.

BTW, they were +2 in turnovers and weren't fortunate to win. Minnesota was very fortunate to be in the game. Dobbs was the one who was exposed.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fields has cut down on the INTs. He has plenty of arm strength. The O-line is poor at pass protection. Yes, he holds onto the ball too long, but the play calling is on Getsy, not him.

His issue now? Cut down on the fumbles.

BTW, they were +2 in turnovers and weren't fortunate to win. Minnesota was very fortunate to be in the game. Dobbs was the one who was exposed.
I agree Dobbs sucks, those games where he looked good were because of his barely getting away from sacks and then either running or making a pass, he's slippery, I'll give him that, but at least now he's a bad QB.

I forgot about fields blundering fumbles late to tip the TO balance, I apologize.

Valuist

EOG Master
Dobbs at least had a few good games. He certainly is better than what the Browns have. I understand Arizona dumping him with Murray coming back, but the Browns traded him in late preseason when PJ Walker was dumped by the Bears. Between Walker and DTR, Dobbs would be a serious upgrade. And I would take Bagent over Walker too. Too many bad backups in the NFL.

blueline

EOG Master
Vikings reportedly exploring other QB options.

Someone trade for Fields and let this whole Fields is good insanity end.

mr merlin

EOG Master
No one, and I mean no one has faith that trubisky could ever be a decent NFL qb, so when he's compared to fields we know what kind of QB he is.

If he had any potential at all people would compare him to mahomes, allen, herbert, lemar, etc.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Hire Belicheck/Harbaugh- franchise coach
Draft Williams- franchise QB
Draft Alt- franchise tackle
Grab a free agent WR to pair with Moore

They gave up 2nd round pick for Sweat, but most likely get that back for Fields.

That’s a good start for next year

Valuist

EOG Master
both have the same issue...they cant process

Trubisky's 2018 numbers fraudulent. It was all gimmick plays. Since then, you've seen Mitch without the gimmicks. His work in Pittsburgh this year might just put him out of the league for good.

Don't draft OL help. Get OL thru free agency.

Get the WR and pass rushers from the draft.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Trubisky's 2018 numbers fraudulent. It was all gimmick plays. Since then, you've seen Mitch without the gimmicks. His work in Pittsburgh this year might just put him out of the league for good.

Don't draft OL help. Get OL thru free agency.

Get the WR and pass rushers from the draft.
WR from Wash or edge rusher from Fla St. should be there at #9