Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Everything has opened for the Lions. Clean clear path to not only NFC Central but a high seed, maybe bye bye week.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Detroit Lions did what they were supposed to do against a winless team and take care of business.

Covered the -9 easily. I didn't get involved with this game. In the EOG contest, 3 were on Detroit, 3 were on Carolina.

Carolina was never really in it.

Did see this cool comparison of the Lions and SF basically running the same play:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Everything has opened for the Lions. Clean clear path to not only NFC Central but a high seed, maybe bye bye week.

I couldn't see us being a higher seed than SF right now, or even Philly. But nothing wrong with winning the North...odds are now -350.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
None of them. Hate Ron Parker more. Didn't like the one that did die. Can't remember his stupid name. I Guesser I like Dean Howe of the Flint Journal. He's long gone.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The one year Lions have a Super Show caliber team is another year with 2 super teams in the NFC: 49ers and Eagles. Last was 1990 with 49ers and Giants. Lions likely will have to beat both of them in the playoffs unless they can grab #1 seed.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The one year Lions have a Super Show caliber team is another year with 2 super teams in the NFC: 49ers and Eagles. Last was 1990 with 49ers and Giants. Lions likely will have to beat both of them in the playoffs unless they can grab #1 seed.
I don't see the Lions getting past SF. We will be a #3 seed at best.

howid

EOG Dedicated
too bad they had to lose that ot game to the seahawks, been a long time to get another version of ''another one bites the dust ...''

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Seahawks loss may prove to be costly. Seeding this year is more important than usual. Unlikely they would have gotten into top 2 but that is the goal. At least face SF or Eagles at homedog divisional round. If not, looking at having to beat both away.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Seahawks loss may prove to be costly. Seeding this year is more important than usual. Unlikely they would have gotten into top 2 but that is the goal. At least face SF or Eagles at homedog divisional round. If not, looking at having to beat both away.
Yeah, I hope this game doesn't come back to haunt the Lions. Most would have thought we would be 1-1 after week 2 anyway, just not the way we got there.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
#1 seed now in play. Have to get by Ravens. That would mean possibly only having to face Eagles, 49ers or Cowboys once at homedog.