Jimmy Butler

Heim

EOG Master
Feel like its the first time these playoffs he's put the team on his back.

Yeah...true. I thought he would take over last game in the fourth but would drive and throw it back out. Even Van Gundy was wondering why he wouldn't take the shots.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I know he has attitude but for good reason. If you were to build a basketball player you would probably create somebody like Butler because what separates him apart from most is his ability to play both ends at an extremely high level.

Without his 2nd and 3rd best teammate he still found a way to win.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Didn't even take a 3, impressive. Normally when gassed these guys give in and throw them up from deep.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Sixers screwed up when they let him go to Miami...should have paid him.....when Philly had him they were three bounces on the rim from Kawhi from being in the NBA finals...

kane

EOG master
Wish is right, Jimmy wanted out of Philly for the same reason he wanted out of Minnesota, both teams with young stars who didn't share Jimmy's work ethic, he wanted to come to Miami, the Heat and Jimmy aren't just a perfect marriage, they're soulmates. It's been said before that the Heat aren't for every player, and Jimmy isn't for every team, but Jimmy and the Heat are a perfect fit, Heat culture oozes out of his pores. Last night's performance was one of the best in finals history, the way he put the team on his back was LeBronesque, just a masterful performance by a truly great competitor. The guy is a throwback, his game is straight out of the 80's-90's, hard nosed, tough, physical, gets to the rim and draws fouls, doesn't shoot the three ball, he's everything the Heat hoped he would be and then some, and he's in such great shape he didn't even seem fatigued at the end despite playing almost the entire game, kudos to him and the entire Heat team for showing up and competing in a game no one thought they could win, Dragic is lost for the series, but there's a chance Bam could come back, don't know if Jimmy and the Heat could replicate their performance last night, but credit to them for what they did last night.

Heim

EOG Master
Elias stat service reports first time in Lebron's playoff history a individual player has surpassed him
in all three big categories.

Imagine if he whined like a bitch like the Lakers do so he can put his shoulder into all his opponents and get calls. So sad that part of the "process" NBA players need to take to become superstars is learn how to get officials to bite on endless nonsense on the court to give you more free throw than the others. Maybe he should act like Harden or CP3 trying to get foul shots on stuff they 100% initiate and has no consequence to the game play. Is the NBA ever going to stop the nonsense or do they like being like WWE?

Heim

EOG Master
MIA is better off with Olynyk in the lineup....he has hit some big threes and his outside threat opens
up the key. Bam will help on the boards but you don't lose much with Olynyk....nobody is stopping
Davis when he's on anyways.

Heim

EOG Master
Imagine if he whined like a bitch like the Lakers do so he can put his shoulder into all his opponents and get calls. So sad that part of the "process" NBA players need to take to become superstars is learn how to get officials to bite on endless nonsense on the court to give you more free throw than the others. Maybe he should act like Harden or CP3 trying to get foul shots on stuff they 100% initiate and has no consequence to the game play. Is the NBA ever going to stop the nonsense or do they like being like WWE?

It's hilarious.....Caruso now complaining about every call on defense or non-call on offense too. Lebron rubbing off
on everyone including former G leaguers. Finally, they got Lebron a few times with his notorious traveling. Far from
a Euro step.

MIA is better off with Olynyk in the lineup....he has hit some big threes and his outside threat opens
up the key. Bam will help on the boards but you don't lose much with Olynyk....nobody is stopping
Davis when he's on anyways.

Perhaps, but they really need to lessen the differential in offensive boards. Keep giving the Lakers double digits there and get outrebounded overall by double digits and its hard to win consistently. I think in general though with no Bam and Dragic they are best off just going as fast as they can without making turnovers and turn up the pace. Slowing down the game and letting an opponent with the two best set offense players become more important doesn't help their chances.

kane

EOG master
It's hilarious.....Caruso now complaining about every call on defense or non-call on offense too. Lebron rubbing off
on everyone including former G leaguers. Finally, they got Lebron a few times with his notorious traveling. Far from
a Euro step.

There was a time when they called LeBron for travelling and he complained, then on the replay you could see him take like 5 steps, LOL

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I know it was only one game, and the odds are still very much against them, but for one night, Jimmy made LeBron and AD bend the knee

LMAO. Now you probably think Jimmy Buckets is the best player in the World.

You fucking guys are all the same and you will all be bending the knee, Dipshit.

I told you 13-Klaws was a mirage and you didn't listen, well listen now, the Heat will be assimiliated!

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

JFC, save us your BS analysis.

kane

EOG master

You fucking guys are all the same and you will all be bending the knee, Dipshit.

I told you 13-Klaws was a mirage and you didn't listen, well listen now, the Heat will be assimiliated!

Apparently you don't read too well, dipshit. I KNOW IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, THE ODDS ARE STILL VERY MUCH AGAINST THEM, and no Jimmy isn't the best player in the world, but he was last night

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Apparently you don't read too well, dipshit. I KNOW IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, THE ODDS ARE STILL VERY MUCH AGAINST THEM, and no Jimmy isn't the best player in the world, but he was last night

No the fuck he wasn't. He was the best player on the court, yes, Dipshit. He has never been the best player in the World, not a day in his life, it's not something you turn on and off.

kane

EOG master

Yeah, I'm the same as all the LeBron haters, what gave me away? Was it the fact that I constantly refer to LeBron as the GOAT? Was it the fact that I admitted a few days ago the Lakers would win? Like I said, your hero took it on the chin for one game, instead of acting like a child just admit Jimmy outplayed him for one night

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Yeah, I'm the same as all the LeBron haters, what gave me away? Was it the fact that I constantly refer to LeBron as the GOAT? Was it the fact that I admitted a few days ago the Lakers would win? Like I said, your hero took it on the chin for one game, instead of acting like a child just admit Jimmy outplayed him for one night

I can't fucking read.... See post #4 you blind fuck.. I said yesterday, Jimmy was the best player on the Court. Who fucking cares? DO you think I'm scared of these guys? I've got news for, I;m not. Maybe I should I be but I am just not. No disrespect to them but our A-Game will bury them.

MrTop

EOG Master
I can't fucking read.... See post #4 you blind fuck.. I said yesterday, Jimmy was the best player on the Court. Who fucking cares? DO you think I'm scared of these guys? I've got news for, I;m not. Maybe I should I be but I am just not. No disrespect to them but our A-Game will bury them.

it is starting to look like a small letter "a" ;)

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Jimmy also played well in game 2, but that point was moot as his bench troops rallied around him. Yes in game 3 he was the best player on the floor, but he is a totally different player when on the court when not 100%, a bit complacent and perhaps too unselfish when his shot is not on or when his helpers don't convert. He's a very good rebounder for his size due to his quickness and a great passer. The danger here is that he could easily become a non factor equally as quickly. While it's essentual to get your other teammates involved, it's going to be tough to even the series if he has to put the team on his coattails once again. I don't see AD being invisible tonight like he was when an APB was sent out in game 3.

Granted Herro and Olynyk played well too, but unless Duncan Robinson gets more involved and Bam shows no ill effects of the injury coming back, LA should be once again in the driver's seat unless they best themselves. Can't let Miami storm out to a considerable early lead. We know how bad they want it given their nothing to lose approach.

Last edited:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Granted Herro and Olynyk played well too, but unless Duncan Robinson gets more involved and Bam shows no ill effects of the injury coming back, LA should be once again in the driver's seat unless they best themselves. Can't let Miami storm out to a considerable early lead. We know how bad they want it given their nothing to lose approach.

All credit to Jimmy but that's what happened. Fucking AD and LBJ never heard of ball security before. I was thinking JV vs Varsity but we were the JV team. I feared exactly whath happened, this shit felt too easy and it still feels too easy but hopefully they got our attention, which should be completely unnecessary in a Finals Series but it is what it is.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
What would silver do to the ref who calls a technical foul on james for crying and scowling ? Unfortunately we'll never find out.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Jimmy 13 pts in the 1st half and Brick 5 turnovers. Bred getting bent over.

Can you bend me over next game too.... pretty please.

And oh yeah.....

Bend the fucking knee.

What would silver do to the ref who calls a technical foul on james for crying and scowling ? Unfortunately we'll never find out.

You mean the Refs who kept you guys in the fucking game? You should have lost by 15. Beginning of the 4th, Butler had one less free throw attempt than our entire team.

No matter, bend the knee.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Can you bend me over next game too.... pretty please.

And oh yeah.....

Bend the fucking knee.

You mean the Refs who kept you guys in the fucking game? You should have lost by 15. Beginning of the 4th, Butler had one less free throw attempt than our entire team.

No matter, bend the knee.
"my guys " ?
For the record I am a Knicks fan

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Poor man's LeBron with a better shot...

A better flick of the wrist than LeBron but I still don't trust Butler's long-range jumper.

I do credit Butler's hard drives into the lane and I appreciate his free-throw accuracy (.835 for his career).

LeBron's broad shoulders are impressive when standing next to a physically-tough Jimmy Butler.

The biggest difference between James and Butler?

James entered the league with most hype in NBA history while Jimmy Butler was a late first-round pick (30th overall) in the 2011 NBA Draft.