Jimmy Butler

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Adebayo in restricted area. There's a foul waiting to happen but you want the Lakers to take less than a 40% shot.

He's surrounded by 4 guys in your last screenshot. Give me a break. They were going to live and die w/ anyone but LBJ beating them, ecspecially considering the game he was having. They lived,,,, for now.

Yes, all game long you kick that out to Green. You can afford misses. Not with 10 seconds. I can't believe you don't understand.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Yes, all game long you kick that out to Green. You can afford misses. Not with 10 seconds. I can't believe you don't understand.

I say LBJ made the best play available. Your free to disagree and you'd be wrong but you have that right.

If Green goes 2-5 on the shot, you take it all day long. But he is only taking one shot, that's not the best option. If they were down 2 or 3, I could see it but not down 1.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If Green goes 2-5 on the shot, you take it all day. But he is only taking one shot, that's not the best option. Even they were down 2 or 3, I could see it but not down 1.

If this was game 7, I'd be happy w/ that look and if they lost the Series becuase Danny missed, then so be it. It takes a Village.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Math isn't for everyone. Down 1 with 10 seconds. You make the play that gives you the greatest success rate to score 1 point.

You're Resulting. Becuase he missed it, it was a bad play or read or whatever you're arguing. We have a fundamental disagreement, under the circumstances, it was our best option. They had him surrounded like Custer at Little Big Horn. I understand you want LBJ to turn water into wine but my expectations are a little lower.

You're Resulting. Becuase he missed it, it was a bad play or read or whatever you're arguing. We have a fundamental disagreement, under the circumstances, it was our best option. They had him surrounded like Custer at Little Big Horn. I understand you want LBJ to turn water into wine but my expectations are a little lower.

It's simple math but you don't understand it. Once again, down 2 or more and it's a good or great play, not down 1.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If it worked, then great. But it wasn't the optimum play for those circumstances being down 1.

Fuck, we just want an open look. Also, you understand, if he hits that shot, there are still 7 seconds left and a 2 ties them and only a 3 beats them.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
There's no other way to put it. You're an idiot. Wide open shot during any point of the game except the last shot down 1. GN

Let's say he's 35% w/ wide open top of the key shots, that's 1.05 expected points. 1.05 > 1. LBJ's a genuis and you're an idiot.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Let's say he's 35% w/ wide open top of the key shots, that's 1.05 expected points. 1.05 > 1. LBJ's a genuis and you're an idiot.

would you agree that we can give Danny 35% in regards to "wide open" top of the key shots.... I don't know what it is but I'm just playing your silly game to prove how dumb you truly are. It's just math.

Brick's driving to the hole with Adebayo in the restricted area, what's the odds of Brick making the shot? What are the odds of Brick getting fouled? What are the odds of Brick making the shot and getting fouled?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
That's how you would figure it out? As I said, math isn't for everyone. Expected value is used during the game, not last shot.

What? How the fuck do you think they get expected points totals? They add up all the shots and that particular shot was worth 1.05 points if our Danny numbers were right. Stop your silliness, you got yourself into this w/ your dumb ass math argument and I used it against you. Live w/ it.

Good night.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You don't add up points. It's one shot.

Agreed, One shot worth 1,05 points in our example. 1.05 > 1. Correct decision despite the poor outcome.

The math seems to be confusing you so let me explain this to you like you are a 7-year-old.

Each team is allowed 5 players on the court.

1 & 2: Corner 3's are easier to make, that's why the Heat had them both covered.

3: AD was not in position for an Alley-oop, contrary to your analysis and I would have been shocked if a Heat Defense actually gave that up.

4. LBJ was surrounded like Custer at Little Big Horn.

5. Danny Green was wide open

Hmmmmm..... who should get the shot.... let me think about this.

Now, it's really good night.

Agreed, One shot worth 1,05 points in our example. 1.05 > 1. Correct decision despite the poor outcome.

The math seems to be confusing you so let me explain this to you like you are a 7-year-old.

Each team is allowed 5 players on the court.

1 & 2: Corner 3's are easier to make, that's why the Heat had them both covered.

3: AD was not in position for an Alley-oop, contrary to your analysis and I would have been shocked if a Heat Defense actually gave that up.

4. LBJ was surrounded like Custer at Little Big Horn.

5. Danny Green was wide open

Hmmmmm..... who should get the shot.... let me think about this.

Now, it's really good night.

Up, tie or down 1 point with 10 seconds to go, Brick should shoot. Down 2 or more, kick it out for the wide open 3 top of the key. With more time in regulation, kick it out every time.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I seem to remember Jordan doing the exact same thing with Paxson and a couple years later with Kerr in NBA finals last shot situations. What's the difference minus the result?