LBJ has a message for the NBA

MrTop

EOG Master
Are you positive about this becuase I could have swore I looked it up years ago when arguing w/ Raiders about this shit and they liked moved it in or somethign for like a year or tewo. It's neither here nor there to me, I just thought it was true.

I thought they did too

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Are you positive about this becuase I could have swore I looked it up years ago when arguing w/ Raiders about this shit and they liked moved it in or somethign for like a year or tewo. It's neither here nor there to me, I just thought it was true.

I don’t remember it, I’ll look it up later. The ACC back in the early 80s had a shorter line.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I thought they did too

They did, just looked it up.

"For three seasons beginning in 1994–95, the NBA attempted to address decreased scoring by shortening the distance of the line from 23 ft 9 in (7.24 m) (22 ft (6.71 m) at the corners) to a uniform 22 ft (6.71 m) around the basket."

MrTop

EOG Master
the 2 or 3 points means less today then it did years ago. When you got to 100 points it meant something than today. I would dial it back

blueline

EOG Master
in the 90s, the distance of the 3-point line changed for a couple years?
That’s right. From the beginning of the 1994-95 season through the end of the 1996-97 season, the 3-point line went from 23 feet, 9 inches (22 feet at the corners) to a uniform 22 feet (6.7 m) around the basket.

The change was made as a result of below average scoring games in the seasons leading up to the rule change. Though the average number of 3-point attempts per game increased by over 50 percent, the line was moved back to the original distance after the 1996-97 season because the change had actually lowered the average score of games. In the three seasons leading up to the new rule, teams averaged 105.6 points per game. In the three seasons with the shorter 3-point line, that average fell to 100.8.

kane

EOG master
bird , magic and Jordan were gone the NBA needed a superstar. The NBA relaxed the rules to make LBJ the superstar.

LOL, the guy would be a superstar in any era he played, you're starting to sound like the idiot LeBron troll

kane

EOG master
when they changed the rules it enabled LBJ to be born . LBJ could not dunk over the centers of years ago as easy. Different players.

Just stop Topper, you sound ridiculous, stop channeling your inner Raiders

The GOAT has a better career three point % than Jordan, why do free throws count, but three pointer don't when determining the best shooter

The quality of the shots. Jordan didn't take many 3s. This means that a high percentage of his 3s were prayers and last second shots with a man in his face. Did you watch him play? Jordan was a much better shooter from every distance.

Teams let Brick shoot open 3s. They want him to shoot. Teams came out on Jordan trying to take the ball out of his hands.

Brick shooting 67% from the line this year and kane thinks Brick is a good outside shooter.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
it bothers LeBron has only 1/2 the rings MJ has. Now pointing fingers at the whole laker team. Soon to be blaming chamberlain , lew alcinder & west . If he don't win it this year or next probably picks up his marbles and goes to another team. Durant probably won't go to lakers. Durant wants to me the Man in NYC. The NY media will toast him quick. Lakers need another star to win it. Has to come from somewhere. Some small other parts too.

MrTop

EOG Master
Jordan has higher lifetime win shares per 48 minutes .250 james .236

off rating Jordan better in both offensive 118 defensive rating 104 james 116 -103
included jordans 2 years 38 &39 y/o with wizards which took down his avg

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Jordan played three years at UNC, not sure what the rules were regarding coming straight out of high school back then

Three years. Mostly. May have been a rare case or two mid 70’s.

Questioning this sheds some light. This debate definitely includes some generational flavor. I’d imagine most pro Jordan peeps would know the eligibility rule of years gone by.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
lakers dropped 4 straight ATS. need lonzo back

They need a fucking coach who isn't going to sit both LBJ and BI, who was having the game of his life, to begin the 4th... one of them needed to be out there at that time,.

It really was a great game until the implosion at the end but JFC, just make simple in-running decisions.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Magic has to be having buyer's remorse at this point. This is sad.

What's sad? They played one of the best teams in the LG and had a real shot and would have had a better shot w/ just common sense coaching? They looked really good, stop focusing on the results. I know it's difficult because they are so important at this point but someone needs to tell Luke that.

Can you please share w/ me the logic behind the starting 4th qrt lineup in a nip and tuck game that you simply have to have? In all seriousness, maybe I am missing something but why wasn't LBJ or BI, who was having a career game, not out there? This wasn't some regular, regular season game.

The thing that's most overlooked is that the Lakers are a great defensive team in games without Brick and a bad defensive team with Brick.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
CHA CHING$$$$

Another easy one boys..... thank you Brick!!!

He led Lakers in turnovers, defense was atrocious, -4 for the game, and Rondo out-rebounded him!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLAY ANOTHER FEW YEARS, PLEASE!!

Go for the all time turnover record or something, he's been straight cash this year boys.....

And we didn't have to wait for the Finals!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I'll pay you the compliment of being brutally honest.......

Posting any and/or all of this on the forum BEFORE the fight would really be impressive. :ROFLMAO:

For the 105th time, here's what you asked:

https://forums.eog.com/index.php?threads/nunes-vs-rousey-nunes-wins-in-48-seconds.398331/

Where is my validation? You said you would pay me a compliment. Where is my compliment?

All I'm asking is for you to do what you said you would do. How hard is that?

P.S. If any poster wants to make 10K and help lift the Liar label off Stiffy, please see the thread below which proves Stiffy to be a liar:

https://forums.eog.com/index.php?threads/gamebreds-10-000-challenge.399803/

P.S. Please post a few more years as you make me look so good :)

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Lakers quit down the stretch. The kids don't like to be yelled at by LeBron.

Exactly.

Pretty ironic since Brick is the last guy that wants to be yelled at by a coach or anyone else.

He would take his ball and go home at the drop of a hat.

Treat others how you want to be treated moron.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Not sad Top if you know what you are seeing, Raiders and many others having a nice run here. :)

Magic and the Laker organization have to be crying.....

What a waste.

He's well past prime and not good with youngsters?

AD time boys.

MrTop

EOG Master
LBJ has a lot of miles on him. He can go into the gym all he wants but he is not a kid anymore. Needs help.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Not sad Top if you know what you are seeing, Raiders and many others having a nice run here. :)

What a waste.

AD time boys.

I want my fucking validation!!!

I'll pay you the compliment of being brutally honest.......

Posting any and/or all of this on the forum BEFORE the fight would really be impressive.

That's what you said. Why can't you keep your word? Word is bond.

MrTop

EOG Master

What a waste.

AD time boys.

agree . LBJ playing with the young kids sort of like a grandfather to them He had a good run with 3 rings. He knew his run was over when he smashed his hand last year. Now needs a solid all-star to help him to win another. Many don't want to play with him. LBJ will find someone. If he was smart he would take a pay cut and get 2 all stars . He would get 2-3 rings.