Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

billysink

EOG Dedicated
The responsibilities for Trump have always been to ensure that the healthcare system was not overloaded to the point where there were not enough hospital beds and ventilators available for every patient who needed them. That was the only fear coming into this and the only purpose of the shudowns - despite states changing the rules midstream. The President is not responsible for shutting down states. That would be absurdly idiotic. Not every state has the same exposure at the same time or the same resources available to them. And as far as that goes, there was not one American who was diagnosed with COVID-19 that went without either a bed or a ventilator.

We NEVER went into this with the expectation of minimizing COVID-19 deaths. That's obtusely ignorant to the fact that there are numerous detrimental side effects that result from extended shutdowns like depression/suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, domestic violence, child abuse, economic/middle class obliteration, people being too afraid to go the hospital for life-threatening conditions, and the shuttering of essential healthcare services like cancer therapy and organ transplants. Those all have the potential to destroy lives and kill far more than COVID-19 ever could have.

says who?

There is a documented proces and legal response to declaring a state of National Emergency. The administration owns that process and along with the involvement of Federal organizations such as FEMA and the CDC, is responsible for emergency response to the declared emergency.

No where in that process does it say punt to state and local, in terms of total responsibility. All response delegated and funded to state and local still is to be co-ordinated and momitored by the admin.

The EXCOMM (presidential Nat. Security) were trained in Pandemic response in 2018.

What happened?

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Because they are all dishonest and rotten to their very core, form their leaders to their complicit traitorous media just fucking rotten.

This post really saddened me. You just said nearly 160 million people are rotten to the core based solely on how they vote.
There is not a single person on here that doesn't have common ground that we can agree on. The division in this country has no end in sight.

Here just for today I'll point out what I have in common with all members in this thread that I've debated with.
Raiders- I love bitcoin and while not successful at trading it I have accumulated a decent amount and his threads 4 or 5 years ago peaked my initial interest.
Jasson- both jewish and both love 90 day fiance
Monkeyfocker- both enjoy trips to costa rica and both love sports betting. I still play poker daily (worst than 5 years ago but still grinding limit game daily online)
Mr. Merlin- I love sardines and canned tuna..and buy canned chicken for my dog weekly.
Boston massacre- I know very little about but you seem to bet so we have that in common.
Computerbob- I have a special amount of respect and admiration for you as he has helped me for years in record keeping. I'm positive I've profited because of that and you saved my bacon last dec when a jazz agent had my figure off by high 4 figures one week.

We are one vote and we exercise it because we all want our country to be better. We are passionate to argue with strangers and freak out over each others opinions because we care so much about the country.

I strongly urge everyone despite voting preference to listen to this weeks sam Harris podcast the failure of meritocracy. It's not democrat or liberal just very good discussion about the current anger on both sides.

We have 100k dead, 25-30m unemployed, we have a collapse on economy. We need to do more than argue with one another. At least I do.

I taught a class on YouTube with waz on college football betting last week. I forgot until then that I crave that type of conversation so much more than any other kind in this world regardless of, well anything.

I'll extend the olive branch. If anyone here regardless of political beliefs would like to discuss nba, mob, college football betting or this upcoming season please contact me via dm here or twitter.. same name and I'd love to chat sports, market movement etc.

If we as gamblers make the best of this time we have a lot going for us as independent ability to make a living going forward.

This will be my last post in this thread and anything political related. Too much work that needs to get done in the next 98 days.
Goodluck to all, including die hard trump supporters

The President and the administration declare NATIONAL emergencies. They own the process.

The president has 136 available clauses in that process, very few of which must be presented to congress.

He is impowered by law and process to lead any response to a NATIONAL emergency.
What did he do wrong? He created hospitals and respirators that were never used.

says who?

There is a documented proces and legal response to declaring a state of National Emergency. The administration owns that process and along with the involvement of Federal organizations such as FEMA and the CDC, is responsible for emergency response to the declared emergency.

No where in that process does it say punt to state and local, in terms of total responsibility. All response delegated and funded to state and local still is to be co-ordinated and momitored by the admin.

The EXCOMM (presidential Nat. Security) were trained in Pandemic response in 2018.

What happened?

What’s the president’s top duty during a time of crisis? PROVIDE LEADERSHIP

Trump has shown zero leadership during the trump pandemic. First he attempted to ignore the virus away by telling everyone it would go away in April when the weather got warmer. Then he stated the cases were at 15 and be down to zero in a matter of days.

Once the virus got out of hand trump did what he normally does, he’s been lying and blaming D’s and his base of cult followers have been following right along. One of the only original ideas trump has stated during his pandemic was when he suggested for his medical staff to look into bleach injections.

Leaders don’t shift the blame they take responsibility because that’s what leadership is all about.

It’s funny that the cultists who support all of trumps excuses and blame shifting will call out any pro athlete who tries to deflect and blame his teammates or coaches after a loss.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="TobyTyler, post: 7600395, member: 58613"]Monkey is embarrassing guys in here

though they usually take care of that on their own

more cartoons needed to counter[/QUOTE]

Only through the eyes of Trumptards who see what they want to see

[QUOTE="TobyTyler, post: 7600395, member: 58613"]Monkey is embarrassing guys in here

though they usually take care of that on their own

more cartoons needed to counter

Only through the eyes of Trumptards who see what they want to see[/QUOTE]

NY, NJ, Il, MI and CA screwed up with the virus and now they're going to screw up with the economy. I know that you want the whole country shut down, but that's not what's needed now.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Another new low in NY today, 74 deaths(down 92%), hospitalizations reach a new low, nothing but good news, at this rate we'll have packed stadiums by the 4th of july.

The CDC came out with an official estimate for coronavirus mortality - around 0.3%, not even close to the hysterical predictions of 3%+ that spawned this madness.

We now have enough data, we have enough information about the virus, it's time to reopen everything, there was no real need to do any of this, at least we can reverse course now. If we're smart.

Another new low in NY today, 74 deaths(down 92%), hospitalizations reach a new low, nothing but good news, at this rate we'll have packed stadiums by the 4th of july.

The CDC came out with an official estimate for coronavirus mortality - around 0.3%, not even close to the hysterical predictions of 3%+ that spawned this madness.

We now have enough data, we have enough information about the virus, it's time to reopen everything, there was no real need to do any of this, at least we can reverse course now. If we're smart.
Where can I find hospitalizations? That's big.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Where can I find hospitalizations? That's big.
Almost every state lists them, it's a lot of work to do it that way. I usually look at the big areas - NY, NJ, MASS, PA. For instance NY peaked at 19K - today around 4.3K, NJ is down from 8 to less than 4, MASS is less than half. Almost every large state has hospitalizations dropping rapidly.

Many small states are still rising but they're at relatively low levels.

It's possible the virus is mutating, at some point we'll realize that not many people are dying anymore, even though the virus is still around.

Almost every state lists them, it's a lot of work to do it that way. I usually look at the big areas - NY, NJ, MASS, PA. For instance NY peaked at 19K - today around 4.3K, NJ is down from 8 to less than 4, MASS is less than half. Almost every large state has hospitalizations dropping rapidly.

Many small states are still rising but they're at relatively low levels.

It's possible the virus is mutating, at some point we'll realize that not many people are dying anymore, even though the virus is still around.
Viruses don't want to kill their host so a milder version makes sense.

The protests in Michigan that were paid for and organized with Republican funding have shown the world that the best way to kill the virus is with assault rifles.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The protests in Michigan that were paid for and organized with Republican funding have shown the world that the best way to kill the virus is with assault rifles.
Does it bother you that Whitmer is suppressing the rights of michiganders to enjoy the holiday, but her husband tries to get people to put their boat in the water?

Thanks for your support, Young Man. I've read your posts and you seem like a fine American.
On November 3rd, I will defeat Sleepy Joe Biden, a convicted sex predator, and WE WILL KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

Mr President, who wrote this for you? This post far exceeds your second grade grammar level.

Who is they? It's one man defending himself against a bunch of racists with an aerosol can and lighter

There was a protest. Antifa and BLM came there as a counter protest to start trouble. He brought the can and lighter to create a flame thrower. It's obvious.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
There was a protest. Antifa came there as a counter protest to start trouble. He brought the can and lighter to create a flame thrower. It's obvious.

Fake news, the can was thrown at him by one of the white nationalists who were going after him, he didn't bring the can

kane

EOG master
"At first it was a peaceful protest." "Until someone pointed a gun at my head, then the same person pointed it at my foot and shot at the ground." Now you know why he defended himself the way he did

cheapseats

EOG Master
For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%.
Officials estimate a 0.4% fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35% rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26% - almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago.

Until now, we have been ridiculed for thinking the death rate was that low, as opposed to the 3.4% estimate of the World Health Organization, which helped drive the panic and the lockdowns. Now the CDC is agreeing to the lower rate in plain ink.