Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
The fact remains that if the illogical, overbearing, and reckless policies of some of these governors would have never been enacted, those protests wouldn't have ever occurred in the first place.

When the governors' families like in Michigan (Whitmer) and Illinois (Pritzker and Lightfoot) are violating the very orders that they are threatening to arrest other citizens for, people should be standing up against them.

The fact remains that if the illogical, overbearing, and reckless policies of some of these governors would have never been enacted, a whole lot more deaths would have occurred. Call it whatever you want, but keeping people at home and practicing social distancing the past few months have saved lives. We can debate whether now is the time to reopen or not, but we can't debate that the lockdown saved lives.

Valuist

EOG Master
For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%.
Officials estimate a 0.4% fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35% rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26% - almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago.

Until now, we have been ridiculed for thinking the death rate was that low, as opposed to the 3.4% estimate of the World Health Organization, which helped drive the panic and the lockdowns. Now the CDC is agreeing to the lower rate in plain ink.

Glad Trump wants to defund WHO. They have about zero credibility.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
The fact remains that if the illogical, overbearing, and reckless policies of some of these governors would have never been enacted, a whole lot more deaths would have occurred. Call it whatever you want, but keeping people at home and practicing social distancing the past few months have saved lives. We can debate whether now is the time to reopen or not, but we can't debate that the lockdown saved lives.

There is absolutely ZERO proof of that. None.

In fact, Sweden has the exact same exposure as New York. So there's actually evidence AGAINST that nonsense.

kane

EOG master

In fact, Sweden has the exact same exposure as New York. So there's actually evidence AGAINST that nonsense.

So you're saying if we just basically ignored the virus and just went about our lives as if nothing had happened, kept sports going, kept everything open, just lived our lives as normal and completely ignored the virus, that the death toll would be the same. Is that what you're saying?

mr merlin

EOG Master

Yup, a month ago they said , we dont know enough about this virus, we need to be cautious. We know a lot now and the more we learn the more it's clear that this virus is not nearly as severe as was feared, and what we did was grossly uncalled for.

We need to make a 180 degree turn and do it soon.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
i am not defending him. you make up stuff to attack and complain.. tell the truth what he said and debate the issue...not lysol and clorox.

all mexican are rapist is my favorite you guys made up....

You have a terrible disorder. It's called delusional. You are right he didn't call them all rapist, he said some are drug dealers and some are criminals. But being delusional you will keep defending the indefensible. Trump has told over 18,000 lies since he became president.

" I believe everything President Lysol says".
- Dumb Alfie

"President Lysol said North Korea denuclearised. I believed him and told everyone that NK denuclearised. Some asked me why would NK denuke. That was easy. Because if Trump parked an aircraft carrier off your coast you would denike also".
- Dumb Alfie

"Trump said Congresswoman Omar married her brother. I believed him because I believe everything my hero says. I shared this conspiracy with everyone. Trump said Mike Flynn is innocent and free. I believed him and repeated it to everyone".
- Dumb Alfie

"Trump said the black guys at Starbucks weren't arrested. I believed him. For half a day I was arguing with posters who claimed the black guys at Starbucks were arrested. Trump said they weren't arrested. I believe Trump".
- Dumb Alfie

"When Trump said to inject disinfectants I believed him, But I believe he was referring to Hydrogen Peroxide not Lysol".
- Dumb Alfie

mr merlin

EOG Master
So you're saying if we just basically ignored the virus and just went about our lives as if nothing had happened, kept sports going, kept everything open, just lived our lives as normal and completely ignored the virus, that the death toll would be the same. Is that what you're saying?
I'll answer for him, we "might" have more cases and deaths, but we would be further along in the pandemics course, the ultimate outcome regarding deaths would likely be the same.

kane

EOG master
Yup, a month ago they said , we dont know enough about this virus, we need to be cautious. We know a lot now and the more we learn the more it's clear that this virus is not nearly as severe as was feared, and what we did was grossly uncalled for.

We need to make a 180 degree turn and do it soon.

100,000 dead Americans isn't severe? That's more than the Korean war and Vietnam combined. The original estimated death toll was between 100 and 200 thousand, thank God we're at the low end of the predictions, but this thing isn't done with us either

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
I'm saying if we didn't shut down every business including areas where there were no major outbreaks, prevented people from planting gardens, going to the park, going to the beach, going to the skate park, and every other overreaching, bullshit order and had enacted policies more in line with Sweden's, there's absolutely no evidence that we would have had a significant amount of more COVID-19 infections or deaths.

And we likely would have saved a lot of businesses, suicides, overdoses, cancer patients, and people needing organ transplants as well as having this all over sooner.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
100,000 dead Americans isn't severe? That's more than the Korean war and Vietnam combined. The original estimated death toll was between 100 and 200 thousand, thank God we're at the low end of the predictions, but this thing isn't done with us either

How many people committed suicide because of your reckless liberal policies? How many lives did they actually save? None? Or did they actually cost lives and destroy the economy at the same time?

Here's a hint:

The numbers are unprecedented, he said.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."

https://abc7news.com/health/suicide...ay-at-home-order-bay-area-doctors-say/6201962

kane

EOG master
I'm saying if we didn't shut down every business including areas where there were no major outbreaks, prevented people from planting gardens, going to the park, going to the beach, going to the skate park, and every other overreaching, bullshit order and had enacted policies more in line with Sweden's, there's absolutely no evidence that we would have had a significant amount of more COVID-19 infections or deaths.

And we likely would have saved a lot of businesses, suicides, overdoses, cancer patients, and people needing organ transplants as well as having this all over sooner.

Even if what you say is correct, there was no way to know this back in January. When the virus was first hitting us, no one knew exactly how to handle it, so the country erred on the side of caution by locking things down.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Even if what you say is correct, there was no way to know this back in January. When the virus was first hitting us, no one knew exactly how to handle it, so the country erred on the side of caution by locking things down.

I'll say this again since you clearly don't understand...

You better damn well have proof of something before trampling people's rights. Not only did you idiots not have proof, but the numbers were available over a month ago showing that the death rate was nowhere close to what was feared. And not one city's healthcare system was EVER at capacity.

Last edited:

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
It's not the responsibility of the free to prove that they should have their freedom back.

That's reserved for dictators and communists.

mr merlin

EOG Master
What are you talking about, we shut down on march 13th, we didn't even have a test for covid until late feb, in jan it was still thought to be a china phenomenon. The overinflated projections caused an overreaction, and it's taken us 2 months to prove that, now that we know it's death rate is only around 0.3% we can and should change everything, treat it as an enhanced flu.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
What are you talking about, we shut down on march 13th, we didn't even have a test for covid until late feb, in jan it was still thought to be a china phenomenon. The overinflated projections caused an overreaction, and it's taken us 2 months to prove that, now that we know it's death rate is only around 0.3% we can and should change everything, treat it as an enhanced flu.

Stanford, New York, and a number of other antibody studies had proven this over a month ago.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
How is it that DeSantis was able to protect a far older Florida nursing home population much better than Cuomo did in NY? Could it be that one protected nursing homes and the other infected them?

mr merlin

EOG Master
How is it that DeSantis was able to protect a far older Florida nursing home population than Cuomo was in NY? Could it be that one protected nursing homes and the other infected them?
Yup, there going to save a ton of money too aren't they, killing off 15000 old people in govt paid nursing homes.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Trump is the one who ignored the virus and was late to the party in dealing with it, a recent study showed that many lives were lost due to Trump's ineptness

https://www.publichealth.columbia.e...ons-delayed-response-rebound-would-cost-lives

The problem with you fucking idiots is you keep mentioning these horribly flawed models like they're proof of something while ignoring the FACTS right in front of your stupid faces. You never fucking learn.

Have you ever built a predictive model, kane?

kane

EOG master
In a retrospective counterfactual analysis, they find that if social distancing and other control measures had been in place in major US metropolitan areas one to two weeks earlier, more than half of the infections and deaths seen to date could have been prevented

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
If my sports and horse betting models were as inaccurate as these COVID-19 models, I'd be broke which is exactly what their models have done to this country.

But idiots like kane continue to cite them like they have any credibility whatsoever.

Fucking hilarious.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
In a retrospective counterfactual analysis, they find that if social distancing and other control measures had been in place in major US metropolitan areas one to two weeks earlier, more than half of the infections and deaths seen to date could have been prevented

And I'm sure not sending COVID-19 positive patients to nursing homes or Cuomo shutting down the state of NY when de Blasio asked him to had any part in it.

It was Trump's responsibility to shut down the entire country even though there wasn't even a single fucking case in some states at the time. Just ask a moron.

I mean, shit doesn't get any fucking dumber than these libtards today

kane

EOG master
I wasn’t worried at all about my kids.

That isn't what you posted, you posted that if one of your kids tested positive for the virus, you wouldn't be concerned. You said you wouldn't care if they got the virus as long as they stayed away from your parents

kane

EOG master
And I'm sure not sending COVID-19 positive patients to nursing homes or Cuomo shutting down the state of NY when de Blasio asked him to had any part in it.

It was Trump's responsibility to shut down the entire country even though there wasn't even a single fucking case in some states at the time.

I mean, shit doesn't get any fucking dumber than these libtards today

Don't argue with me, take it up with Columbia University

mr merlin

EOG Master
Uh huh, and if that article had been written by someone that hasn't been totally wrong on everything they've said so far, people might listen. Those experts who said that, and have made every projection to date, have been totally and completely wrong . Every time, not to mention if Trump made a mistake, then every single leader in the world made the same mistake.

Now you might say, japan and S korea didn't have it bad, but they didn't shut down, they didn't do any of the things that they say trump did too late. It's a flawed article.

kane

EOG master
With the flu, kids and young adults actually get sick, very sick during the course of the virus, with corona prob 80% of them have little or no symptoms. Schools and colleges, sports, etc should all be open.

And what happens when those kids pass it on to oithers?