Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
You make is seem like it's just a NY problem. Hey I know, let's build a wall around the entire state of NY, that should solve the problem

kane

EOG master
NY is just a disaster. Outside of that the elderly are staying home. This stops deaths.

What stops deaths is social distancing, keeping people away from each other, not sending Americans back to work and re-opening businesses, doing that will only make the problem worse

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
You make is seem like it's just a NY problem. Hey I know, let's build a wall around the entire state of NY, that should solve the problem

They dont seem to understand that its gonna be EVERYWHERE!!

And the less serious they take it, the sooner it gets there.

Trump CAN NOT reopen before there are enough respirators to treat the treatables.

kane

EOG master
My final post. The Health experts think one thing, the reality show host thinks another, we're all free to believe which one knows best, I'll choose to believe Dr Fauci and the other health experts, Raiders and the other Trumptards can believe the reality show host

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
the more rural and isolated the area is, the longer it will be until their much smaller and less resourced hospitals, doctors, nurses, local governments will face the very overwhelming situations that larger cities with populations that travel abroad more often and have more 1st and 2nd generation immigrants with family and business overseas.

medium and small cities need to right now be coming up with their protocals that tracks and places individuals in isolation if they travel to a place like New York city, Seatle,Atlanta, La, Chicago, ect. in another 4-6 weeks they would need to track individuals that go to places with 250k populations ect.

Just like we cut off the influx of the virus from china, Europe ect. The smaller locales would need to shut it down from Larger cities.

anyone have any ideas on how to do that in the land of the free?

when a small town with 1 70 year old mayor and one 65 year old fat high blood pressure having sheriff, and 1-2 doctors all lose those people to CV, what is going to happen?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
The only thing different between New York and less populous states, is the density of people.

It will just take a bit longer for the virus to spread, but it will

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
anyone have any ideas on how to do that in the land of the free?

Dont worry about that. The land of the free is a myth.

Even toughest gun toting red necks will bend over for you, if you scare them just a little.

It might take a smidgen longer for them to understand the gravity of the situation, but once they do, they will roll over for you just the same

My final post. The Health experts think one thing, the reality show host thinks another, we're all free to believe which one knows best, I'll choose to believe Dr Fauci and the other health experts, Raiders and the other Trumptards can believe the reality show host
Dr's don't care about unemployment. Let's not ruin the lives of families because some over 70 are going to die from the flu or much less likely, coronavirus.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
the world numbers are too small of sample size to be significant. And there is no historical longitudinal #'s to really draw conclusions as this is new and MUTATING.

the us numbers way way too small

I wouldn't make any bets on sports with chump change using the small sizes of data/stats/trends

but many are ready to crash both our economy, future health insurance capabilites, and potentially hundreds of thousands of lives.

we are a fat fat fukin heart sick country. This disease was designed for us, not just the old. But top workers in every industry and sector, are on piles of medications and will die from this. especially when the have half the doctors to care for them, on the floor of a hospital hallway with no ventilator at all.

that will cripple future health care for a decade. Health insurance companies will close. And the economy could be worse.

if you are making a YUGE bet on this, if you are going to gamble. you might want another 2-3 weeks of data. or you risk losing both ends of your middle. total economic depression and horrifying death and long term lung illnesses with thousands of thousands of doctors and nurses dead.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I wonder how many doctors and nurses will catch this with bad outcomes when the PPE, masks and equipment run out

the more you come in contact the worse your outcomes.

if you are breathed on all day by patients you are more likely to die.

early chinese doctors aged 29 and 34 died... wonder why?

they worked in the exact situations our will be in 2-4 weeks in many areas

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
again....sample sizes

if we are gonna deal with sample sizes of 2,400 let's do 25% of that as well.

here are early numbers with Chicago. there is no reason to ever try to extrapolate too much of anything in our country or cities until we know how it will affect over sick high blood pressure society.

598 infections
Age (range 7 to 91 years) 0-17 2.0%
18-59 73.7%
60+ 24.3%
Under investigation 0%
Gender Female 48.2%
Male 50.7%
Under investigation 1.1%
Hospitalizations Never hospitalized 35.3%
Ever hospitalized2 13.7%
Under investigation 51.0%

again....sample sizes

if we are gonna deal with sample sizes of 2,400 let's do 25% of that as well.

here are early numbers with Chicago. there is no reason to ever try to extrapolate too much of anything in our country or cities until we know how it will affect over sick high blood pressure society.

598 infections
Age (range 7 to 91 years) 0-17 2.0%
18-59 73.7%
60+ 24.3%
Under investigation 0%
Gender Female 48.2%
Male 50.7%
Under investigation 1.1%
Hospitalizations Never hospitalized 35.3%
Ever hospitalized2 13.7%
Under investigation 51.0%
Infected is different than death.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
40,000 will die this year from road crashes. We don't stop driving.

True but this one has the potential to kill 5 million people and another 25 million might need intensive care

For the record once he has at least 1 million ventillators ready to go, he has my blessing to reopen

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
40,000 will die this year from road crashes. We don't stop driving.

correct, but 25% of those that don't die or are only near death don't come into hospitals all at once.

nor do Doctors and nurses die from treating them. Nor do Hospitals go out of business due to them.

a much higher % of peple will die from things like heart attacks, bad asthma attacks, bad accidents, late detection of cancer in the very near term that would normally be saved, for sure But what steps we take now, will determine if people of all illnesses will die at a much higher rate for months, years, afterwards. There is no harder occupation to find a replacement for, than Doctors and Nurses. Again they are disproportionately old and much much much more at risk.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
from 2010 and 2013. I'm sure its much higher now, out of about 950,000 practicing physicians.

Nationally, the number of active physicians over age 65 quadrupled from 50,993 in 1975 to 241,641 in 2013, according to the American Medical Association. The Federation of State Medical Boards found that the number of actively licensed doctors age 70 and up grew from 75,627 in 2010 to 94,969 last year.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
we can sure expedite the below, with some quick and wrong decisions.....

The United States will see a shortage of nearly 122,000 physicians in both primary and specialty care by 2032, according to 2019 data published by the AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges).

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
from 2010 and 2013. I'm sure its much higher now, out of about 950,000 practicing physicians.

Nationally, the number of active physicians over age 65 quadrupled from 50,993 in 1975 to 241,641 in 2013, according to the American Medical Association. The Federation of State Medical Boards found that the number of actively licensed doctors age 70 and up grew from 75,627 in 2010 to 94,969 last year.

I would say cause a lot of people go into coding now.

Potentially more money and decent starting pay without a decade of schooling

cheapseats

EOG Master
Ho
If everyone stayed in their hole, we'll be back to normal a lot faster than if we all returned to work next week. But what do I know, I'm just getting my info from the health experts, you're getting yours from a reality show tv personality
How sorry is your bleeding - ass heart for all those who died last year due to normal flu.

mr merlin

EOG Master
21 states have had either 0 or 1 death, they're not swamped, they're not overwhelmed, they're basically sitting there twiddling their thumbs. As of now this is a regional problem and regional solutions are appropriate.