Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

blueline

EOG Master
An Arizona man has died and his wife was in critical condition after consuming chloroquine phosphate, a product used to clean fish tanks that shares an active ingredient with drugs touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.

The man’s wife, who has not been named publicly, told NBC News that she and her husband decided to ingest the aquarium product after hearing Trump on TV refer to two anti-malaria drugs — chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine — as a potential “game changer” in the fight against COVID-19.

“I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?’” the woman told NBC.

the percentage of people who wouldnt be able to come up with $400 cash in an emergency is staggering

Correct-It’s an example of the trending gap of income inequality we’ve had the last few decades. Corporate CEO’s and the 1% keep taking more while workers real wages have decreased. Trickle down economics in the aggregate has proven to be a complete myth

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Are you joking? It's the only thing he cares about

I don't think that's the only thing. He also cares about re-election and what people think of him. He's like a 5th grade child wanting the rest of the class to like him. A 10 year old attention whore.

Re-election used to be completely tied into how the stock market was/is doing. That's out the window now. Now he will be judged by how he handles this. How long this lasts and what the damage looks like coming out the other side of it. Not just the stock market damage, but lives lost, federal programs to help, etc.

I think his re-election 100% rides on that now.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
And Trump wants to re-open the country next week, LMAO

Trump is facing an unwinnable dilemna. You can shut down and watch the economy tank and watch Coronavirus kill lots of people. Or you can try to get back to normal, the economy gets a little better, and more people die from the virus.
There's no way for us, as a country, to win. He's trying to find the solution to save the most face. He has a bulit-in excuse: that he was trying to do the greatest good for the greatest number, and that it's not his fault that a virus came from China.
I'm happy with the job Governor Sisolak is doing. I think it gives Nevada the best chance of recovering. At times like this, individual states should have the right to solve the crisis instead of relying on the jackasses in Washington.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Most, if not all jackasses came from state gigs. Those states with low rates will become test regions to see how the CV responds or spreads or something in between.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
maybe we can keep this thread focused on Corona stuff which is interesting but have all the crying in another Sandy Vaginer thread?

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
maybe we can keep this thread focused on Corona stuff

Impossible. 45% of the population hates Trump and is obsessed with him. 45% of the population loves him and will defend him over anything.

This 10% over here is fucking sick of hearing about it. Sounds like you are part of us.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
And I vote for buttoning things up for another 3-4 weeks (give or take depending how bad it is in certain spots), then it's time to get back to work and let this thing run it's course. We can't stay shut down forever. And there is no guarantee things won't flare up again 3 weeks after all the curves start to flatten.

Let's do our best to mitigate this thing another 3-4 weeks, then let's open things up responsibly. Anyone with any symptoms stays home. Anyone over 60 stays home. The rest of the country get back to school and work.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Impossible. 45% of the population hates Trump and is obsessed with him. 45% of the population loves him and will defend him over anything.

This 10% over here is fucking sick of hearing about it. Sounds like you are part of us.

yeah not so interested in political opinions on a gambling forum

kane

EOG master
Trump is facing an unwinnable dilemna. You can shut down and watch the economy tank and watch Coronavirus kill lots of people. Or you can try to get back to normal, the economy gets a little better, and more people die from the virus.
There's no way for us, as a country, to win. He's trying to find the solution to save the most face. He has a bulit-in excuse: that he was trying to do the greatest good for the greatest number, and that it's not his fault that a virus came from China.
I'm happy with the job Governor Sisolak is doing. I think it gives Nevada the best chance of recovering. At times like this, individual states should have the right to solve the crisis instead of relying on the jackasses in Washington.

Obviously I hate Trump, but he's also in a tough spot like you say, ultimately if it becomes a choice between saving the economy or saving lives, I think you have to choose saving lives. If people die in an effort to help the economy, it's easy for you and me to watch the stats on TV, and say what a shame, but what if one of the dead is someone in your family or a friend, then it becomes different. People who want the country to re-open in an effort to help the economy might think different if someone they know get the virus and die as a result. The bottom line is Trump will do whatever he feels is in his own best interest, meaning what would help his re-election chances

Obviously I hate Trump, but he's also in a tough spot like you say, ultimately if it becomes a choice between saving the economy or saving lives, I think you have to choose saving lives. If people die in an effort to help the economy, it's easy for you and me to watch the stats on TV, and say what a shame, but what if one of the dead is someone in your family or a friend, then it becomes different. People who want the country to re-open in an effort to help the economy might think different if someone they know get the virus and die as a result. The bottom line is Trump will do whatever he feels is in his own best interest, meaning what would help his re-election chances
NY is the only problem. Time for everyone else to open.

kane

EOG master
"Public health experts, including doctors on Trump;s own coronavirus task force, have stressed that because the virus has not hit it's peak in the US, it's more important now than ever to practice social distancing." But the presdient wants people to return to work

kane

EOG master
"Despite Trump's claim that people will practice social distancing, sending Americans back to work in industries that involve frequent person to person contact directly conflicts with the principles of social distancing"

mr merlin

EOG Master
An Arizona man has died and his wife was in critical condition after consuming chloroquine phosphate, a product used to clean fish tanks that shares an active ingredient with drugs touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.

The man’s wife, who has not been named publicly, told NBC News that she and her husband decided to ingest the aquarium product after hearing Trump on TV refer to two anti-malaria drugs — chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine — as a potential “game changer” in the fight against COVID-19.

“I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?’” the woman told NBC.
Natural selection in full force, maybe it wasn't a good idea to drink aquarium cleaner, even if it did contain chloroquine?

Pretty much the same reason you dont drink methanol and other deadly alcohols.

kane

EOG master
"Dr Anthony Fauci, a leading member of the Trump administraion's coronavirus task force, and other public health officials are warning republican leaders against ending coronavirus containing measures to restart the economy"

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
"Dr Anthony Fauci, a leading member of the Trump administraion's coronavirus task force, and other public health officials are warning republican leaders against ending coronavirus containing measures to restart the economy"

No doubt Trump will fukk this up even more

blueline

EOG Master

is he still missing from the press conferences

kane

EOG master
Like I've been saying, Trump will do whatever he feels is in his own best interest, not what's in the best interest of the American people. There's no way the country will be ready to re-open next week, and when Trump does it, it will create more problems, more positive tests and more deaths, all so he can help his re-election chances. He'll ignore what the health experts say to do what's best for himself, sad

Like I've been saying, Trump will do whatever he feels is in his own best interest, not what's in the best interest of the American people. There's no way the country will be ready to re-open next week, and when Trump does it, it will create more problems, more positive tests and more deaths, all so he can help his re-election chances. He'll ignore what the health experts say to do what's best for himself, sad
How many deaths is a big problem? Right now there are only 622 deaths, 210 in NY. 12,000 deaths with swine flu.

kane

EOG master
How many deaths is a big problem? Right now there are only 622 deaths, 210 in NY. 12,000 deaths with swine flu.

Every death is a big problem, if Trump re-opens the country, many more will die based on his selfish decision, he's doing what he thinks will help get him re-elected, not what's best for the country. You can listen to whatever Trump thinks is best, I'll listen to what the health officials think is best, and right now the health officials think it's a bad idea to send people back to work and re-open businesses

mr merlin

EOG Master
The problem with dumb, mostly democrat politicians, is it will very hard for them to ever want to return to work, these shutdowns will flatten the curve in a few weeks(they have to), but when that happens they'll say "gee, we're still losing X numbers a day, we cant give up now".

The whole idea is to lessen the peak, once that's accomplished you're supposed to relax.

Every death is a big problem, if Trump re-opens the country, many more will die based on his selfish decision, he's doing what he thinks will help get him re-elected, not what's best for the country. You can listen to whatever Trump thinks is best, I'll listen to what the health officials think is best, and right now the health officials think it's a bad idea to send people back to work and re-open businesses
Losing your job, losing everything you worked for your whole life can be devastating. Suicides will occur. There's no way to stop coronavirus unless we never open the borders and never allow international travel.

kane

EOG master
The problem with dumb, mostly democrat politicians, is it will very hard for them to ever want to return to work, these shutdowns will flatten the curve in a few weeks(they have to), but when that happens they'll say "gee, we're still losing X numbers a day, we cant give up now".

The whole idea is to lessen the peak, once that's accomplished you're supposed to relax.

We're not at the peak, and won't be by the time Trump sends people back to work, at least that's what the health officials say, and I'll go with their thinking over Trump's. If Dr Fauci thinks next week is too early to open back up, I'll take his word over Trump's

kane

EOG master
Then do us a favor a stay in your hole.

If everyone stayed in their hole, we'll be back to normal a lot faster than if we all returned to work next week. But what do I know, I'm just getting my info from the health experts, you're getting yours from a reality show tv personality

We're not at the peak, and won't be by the time Trump sends people back to work, at least that's what the health officials say, and I'll go with their thinking over Trump's. If Dr Fauci thinks next week is too early to open back up, I'll take his word over Trump's
We are at the peak outside of NY.