EOG Veteran
2016 United States Physicians

Under 30- 16,519 1.9%
30-39 -184,120 21.7%
40-49 -214,595 25.2%
50-59 -215,541 22.5%
60-69 -138,815 16.3%
70+ -75,627 8.9%

Over a quarter of Doctors in the entire country are over 60. Over half are over 50%

how many can count as expendable and afford to lose? They get the flu vaccine, but they have no vaccine for CV for one maybe 2 seasons and will soon have no masks

when they get very sick, they will also have no ventilators

21 states have had either 0 or 1 death, they're not swamped, they're not overwhelmed, they're basically sitting there twiddling their thumbs. As of now this is a regional problem and regional solutions are appropriate.
kane, Guesser, pete - you want these states shut down?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I believe its 14 or 15 states with zero now.. hopefully it slows down and nots 0 in the next week or so. the more time bought the better.

States should deal with when and what to shut down based upon WHEN the virus makes its way to their locale

to ask the question back.

do you think this Virus can be eradicated? if not, then yes it will at some point hit every single state, county, town.

small governments should be trying to come up with plans how to prevent it from coming in if possible. the production and distribution will hopefully catch up when small hamlets need them and hopefully the big hospitals will be needing to buy less of them. but who is to say after this, that states, cities and hospitals with big budgets aren't going to start hoarding these tools for the next season of the virus?

it doesn't look good for the small guys in the coming months.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I believe its 14 or 15 states with zero now.. hopefully it slows down and nots 0 in the next week or so. the more time bought the better.

States should deal with when and what to shut down based upon WHEN the virus makes its way to their locale

to ask the question back.

do you think this Virus can be eradicated? if not, then yes it will at some point hit every single state, county, town.

small governments should be trying to come up with plans how to prevent it from coming in if possible. the production and distribution will hopefully catch up when small hamlets need them and hopefully the big hospitals will be needing to buy less of them. but who is to say after this, that states, cities and hospitals with big budgets aren't going to start hoarding these tools for the next season of the virus?

it doesn't look good for the small guys in the coming months.
I'm sure every state will end up with many deaths, but that's not the point, areas with very low population density are never going to have a giant surge in cases, the people simply dont mix that much. So over time a few here, a few there will get sick, but it should be manageable.

cheapseats

EOG Master
21 states have had either 0 or 1 death, they're not swamped, they're not overwhelmed, they're basically sitting there twiddling their thumbs. As of now this is a regional problem and regional solutions are appropriate.
Of course, and these states will be the test ground, sooner than later. Levels of need are the responsible way to move forward. Hot spots need a different approach. Either way, get ready for the brats on the left to moan and groan, their big mouthed buddies of the media included.

mr merlin

EOG Master
If that's what the health experts think, than yes I want them shut down, if the health experts feel it's okay for those states to open, then that's what I want to happen
The goal is to bend the curve, when your cases have been zero, it's impossible, you will only fail. Then what? try harder?

Trump had displayed extraordinary wisdom, calmness and logic so far. he has my complete faith to be the final decision maker.

kane

EOG master
The goal is to bend the curve, when your cases have been zero, it's impossible, you will only fail. Then what? try harder?

Trump had displayed extraordinary wisdom, calmness and logic so far. he has my complete faith to be the final decision maker.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, thanks Merlin, I needed that laugh

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

Under 30- 16,519 1.9%
30-39 -184,120 21.7%
40-49 -214,595 25.2%
50-59 -215,541 22.5%
60-69 -138,815 16.3%
70+ -75,627 8.9%

how many doctors dying or put into permanent retirement would put all americans at a much higher risk?

give me a number of how many doctors dying,retiring,quitting would be acceptable colateral damage

kane

EOG master
Obviously you've never owned a business.

Don't need to own a business. I'm currently out of work, and will be until sports start up again, it's in my financial interest for sports to start playing again asap, but if the health experts think otherwise, than I'll go with their decision, this pandemic is costing me money, the longer there's no sports to bet on, the longer I go without a paycheck, and it fucking sucks, but whatever the health experts recommend is what I'll roll with. It isn't just about me, but about everyone. We've never dealt with anything like this, so I'll go with what the experts feel is the right thing to do

Don't need to own a business. I'm currently out of work, and will be until sports start up again, it's in my financial interest for sports to start playing again asap, but if the health experts think otherwise, than I'll go with their decision, this pandemic is costing me money, the longer there's no sports to bet on, the longer I go without a paycheck, and it fucking sucks, but whatever the health experts recommend is what I'll roll with. It isn't just about me, but about everyone. We've never dealt with anything like this, so I'll go with what the experts feel is the right thing to do
That's why you don't get it. Employees have to be laid off. These employees get other jobs and never come back. Your business tanks and your regular customers have to go elsewhere. You can work your whole life to create a successful business and lose it all waiting for coronavirus to disappear.

kane

EOG master
That's why you don't get it. Employees have to be laid off. These employees get other jobs and never come back. Your business tanks and your regular customers have to go elsewhere. You can work your whole life to create a successful business and lose it all waiting for coronavirus to disappear.

First off I assume most people who get laid off will have their jobs waiting for them when the business opens, but if they find work elsewhere, then the employer hires someone else. Second, people dying is more important to me than business owners. If businesses open sooner than they should, and a whole bunch of people start getting sick again, then the business has to close again, which doesn't do anyone good. It's better for our country to get rid of the virus as much as possible before re-openeing businessess, and whenever the health officials feel the time is right is what I'll go with

Chicago isn't going to stop getting coronavirus When it's business as usual the virus will be brought to Chicago in conferences, sporting events, concerts. We need to learn how to live with it.

kane

EOG master
Chicago isn't going to stop getting coronavirus When it's business as usual the virus will be brought to Chicago in conferences, sporting events, concerts. We need to learn how to live with it.

How exactly do we learn how to live with an extremely contagious virus?

First off I assume most people who get laid off will have their jobs waiting for them when the business opens, but if they find work elsewhere, then the employer hires someone else. Second, people dying is more important to me than business owners. If businesses open sooner than they should, and a whole bunch of people start getting sick again, then the business has to close again, which doesn't do anyone good. It's better for our country to get rid of the virus as much as possible before re-openeing businessess, and whenever the health officials feel the time is right is what I'll go with
I sold one restaurant a while back and here's what's going on there now. They own both the property and business. It's drive thru business only right now and they are losing money. It's going to be tough to pay the mortgage and other bills. Employees have left looking for jobs elsewhere. If it goes on too long, the business will be shut down. There are a ton of people affected when a business is closed.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
how many doctors are you ok with losing?

Under 30- 16,519 1.9%
30-39 -184,120 21.7%
40-49 -214,595 25.2%
50-59 -215,541 22.5%
60-69 -138,815 16.3%
70+ -75,627 8.9%

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I sold one restaurant a while back and here's what's going on there now. They own both the property and business. It's drive thru business only right now and they are losing money. It's going to be tough to pay the mortgage and other bills. Employees have left looking for jobs elsewhere. If it goes on too long, business will be shut down. There are a ton of people affected when a business is closed.
That is everywhere unfortunately. My small account business is down 75% in the last two weeks. That doesn't mean I should have to play russian roulette with customers that may have it and give it to me. I caretake for my 84-YO mother and help my 85-YO uncle and don't want to give it to them. If its that risky, then businesses should be closed.

When the cases start going downhill, then we can revisit.
There have been 12 deaths in a state with 11 million people. How much lower do you want it to go? Most that died were going soon with or without coronavirus. We aren't going to stop it. People will come back to Chicago. You want no flights into O'Hare or Midway?

kane

EOG master
That is everywhere unfortunately. My small account business is down 75% in the last two weeks. That doesn't mean I should have to play russian roulette with customers that may have it and give it to me. I caretake for my 84-YO mother and help my 85-YO uncle and don't want to give it to them. If its that risky, then businesses should be closed.

A voice of reason

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
kane- same question I asked FairWarning. To protect those in Chicago, should we close down O'Hare and Midway?

no because no one is arguing trying to contain this. its not containable.

the argument is to buy the health care community a few weeks and hope that the governments can procure the necessary masks, ventilators, PPE to prevent doctors and nurses from dying

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Raiders any reason you are avoiding this question? I think we know

How many Doctors is acceptable collateral damage?

Under 30- 16,519 1.9%
30-39 -184,120 21.7%
40-49 -214,595 25.2%
50-59 -215,541 22.5%
60-69 -138,815 16.3%
70+ -75,627 8.9%

kane

EOG master
"To be a week into these restrictions and already be talking about abandoning them is irresponsible and dangerous" , said Tom Inglseby, director of Johns Hopkins Center for Health and Security. "Removing restrictions now would allow the virus, to spread widely, rapidly, terribly, and could kill potentially millions in the year ahead with huge social and economic impact."

Raiders any reason you are avoiding this question? I think we know

How many Doctors is acceptable collateral damage?

Under 30- 16,519 1.9%
30-39 -184,120 21.7%
40-49 -214,595 25.2%
50-59 -215,541 22.5%
60-69 -138,815 16.3%
70+ -75,627 8.9%
What percentage of doctors have died of coronavirus?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
kane- same question I asked FairWarning. To protect those in Chicago, should we close down O'Hare and Midway?

If Chicago is so safe and its no big deal, how come 15,000 left the city and are now working from their Michigan 2nd homes? Why do you think we want their germs?

"To be a week into these restrictions and already be talking about abandoning them is irresponsible and dangerous" , said Tom Inglseby, director of Johns Hopkins Center for Health and Security. "Removing restrictions now would allow the virus, to spread widely, rapidly, terribly, and could kill potentially millions in the year ahead with huge social and economic impact."

You would close the 21 states with 0 or 1 death?

kane

EOG master

I don't know, this shit's above my pay grade. If the health officials think those airports should shut down in order to save lives, then that's what I think. If the health officials think it's safe for those airports to be open, then that's what I think. Since I don't know anything about this shit, I'll defer to the health experts, whereas you're defering to a reality show tv star

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Its temporary raiders.

For goodness sakes guys, one fucking death,
a grandparent, parent, sister, brother is too many to lose to this shit. A fucking virus that attacks your respiratory system so hard youre breathing heavier.

Trump is basically in a damned if I do and damned if i dont situation. Because if you allow people to go about their business as usual lets say April 1st, then people are obviously going to get it more than what we are witnessing now and they're probably going to report where they were when they got which will drain businesses anyways because nobody will go to those places.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
What percentage of doctors have died of coronavirus?

exactly the point

we don't have the data yet, right? not a small sample size. a Zero sample size. We don't ignore math and exponetial charts though.

so do we blindly plow through, or do we take a few months and stay the course in large cities or do we actually get some data points from NY and Chicago hospitals as their PPE dwindles.

we can't say that 20% of doctors that attend to a ward of sick CV patients won't die in 3 months. we don't have the data.

so we use caution

If Chicago is so safe and its no big deal, how come 15,000 left the city and are now working from their Michigan 2nd homes? Why do you think we want their germs?

Of course it's best to move to areas where the population density is less. The people that can't afford a 2nd home to work, otherwise they will be homeless.

Its temporary raiders.

For goodness sakes guys, one fucking death,
a grandparent, parent, sister, brother is too many to lose to this shit. A fucking virus that attacks your respiratory system so hard youre breathing heavier.

Trump is basically in a damned if I do and damned if i dont situation. YBecause if you allow people to go about their business as usual lets say April 1st, then people are obviously going to get it more than what we are witnessing now and they're probably going to report where they were when they got which will drain businesses anyways.
It's not temporary for business owners and people living by a week to week paycheck.