EOG's favorite team (Chicago State is OUT, UC-San Diego is IN)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
march 1st 2023 @ Gonzaga.

Chicago State's hoop team will make college basketball history this season.

Name the only team to lose 20 or more games in a season and yet finish a perfect 8-0 at home.

That's life as an independent without a significant athletic budget.

Total number of fans attending Chicago State's eight home games this season: 515.

That's not the average attendance per game.

The average attendance per game is 64.

You can't make it up.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jonathan Jackson taught history at Chicago State University.

That's the son of Jesse Jackson and the godson of Martin Luther King, Jr.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Surprised the line was as short as it was...
didnt get involved

Nor did I.

I will check Gonzaga's starting lineup later.

It was Senior Night at the Kennel.

Would have been a great spot for Mark Few to play marginal seniors extended minutes, instead of the ceremonial four or five minutes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chicago State's 2022-23 hoop season ends tonight in Fresno.

Home team is a 12-point favorite.

Total is 130.

blueline

EOG Master
2023 season

added Scott Spinelli about a month ago as an assistant coach...will it make a positive impact?

blueline

EOG Master
during the 1st half of the ChicagoST @ NW game the analyst was talking about the pregame interview with the ChicagoState coach and said " they got some guys they believe are next-level players?

what is next-level? does he mean NBA?

blueline

EOG Master
was going to take the points and go to the game...didnt....considered taking the points with the first half line.....didnt bet it

NW was -1600 on the first half moneyline ...ChicagoSt had the ball with 9 seconds left and bricked the shot

NW has not won a game at home as a ranked team since 1959

blueline

EOG Master
NW looked slow against ChicagoSt

going to the game @ Valparaiso on saturday has been on the radar for a couple of weeks.......guards seem to do everything for Valparaiso......ChicagoSt looks to have a height advantage at guard......will ChicagoSt be celebrating too much?

blueline

EOG Master
this thread was still on page 1...hmmm

ChicagoSt may have lost 1 or 2 starters.....2 players left the game.....dont know who they were...unable to find anything

wisconsin made a 3 with about 64 seconds left for the cover

trip to cal baptist then back to chicago for a game @ depaul

will ChicagoSt be a road chalk @ depaul?

if so when was the last time that happened

game is listed as being shown on FS1

blueline

EOG Master
lost by 12

a bad sequence with about 40 seconds left blew the cover

they were beat up on the boards

on to depaul

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chicago State basketball is on the rise.

I preferred the days when the team struggled to dress seven players for the WAC tournament at season's end.

At The Orleans one season, I remember one of the team managers dressed for a conference tournament game, but did not play.

The team posted back-to-back seasons of 3-29 in the late 2010's.

Chicago State was so bad, it was fun to follow.

Pomeroy projects CSU to finish 12-18 this season.

On the gambling front, EOG contributor SLEEPY had a good run betting Chicago State games UNDER the total a few seasons ago.

Crafty, very crafty.

If you're looking for a struggling CSU hoop team this season, look no further than the women's team.

I plan to attend the women's game at Chicago State this Saturday to see this pathetic team up close.

Would you believe the Chicago State Lady Cougars are 0-20 this season?

The head coach, Andrea Williams, is in her second season at CSU.

I researched her first season on the south side of Chicago.

The team finished 6-22.

I had to check out the six wins.

Four of the six wins came against the same team (Hartford).

You can't make it up.

I then looked at the Chicago State roster.

Would you believe there is not a single player from the city of Chicago -- or for that matter, the state of Illinois -- on the Chicago State team?

If I were in charge at Chicago State, I would give the athletic director an ultimatum: Either fire the women's head basketball coach or submit your resignation, effective immediately.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
mens team has some sort of a pipeline to central florida....the coach at some florida academy is the brother of the Chicago State head coach

blueline

EOG Master
KansasSt 62
ChicagoSt 55

covered the 2nd half line as well

KSU started to get the ball down low and it was too much for the dog.......ChicagoSt was a pain in the ass all game for the chalk

blueline

EOG Master
OklahomaSt 72
ChicagoSt 53

line closed 19-20

chicagost missed so many up-close shots.....they kept fighting...OSU kind of screwing around in the 2nd half......osu player on the line down 17 with about 8 seconds left.....first FT airball....2nd FT a brick....gets the rebound brick.....gets the rebound and puts it in for the win by 19