EOG's favorite team (Chicago State is OUT, UC-San Diego is IN)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
There's a golf frisbee course at Sunset Park in Las Vegas.

Never played but I like the idea.

Next time you're in town we should go to the park and throw the frisbee. I spent hours during my college years burning energy throwing and chasing frisbees.

Cool Frisbee throws: regular backhand throw across body from the side, "bottle" flip forehand, overhand or hammer throw, plus skip or double skip off cement, water, etc,

Because of their bizarre conference setup I think they are used to being on the road and getting to play in front of actual fans and not friends and family. Other than the short bus ride to Loyola there aren't any super tough teams on the trip, so we'll see if the Cougars are going to be a real basketball team this season.

railbird

EOG Master
They have some good freshman from fla, some better juco transfers, they have 4 or 5 East LA juco flunkies last yr that are now gone.

railbird

EOG Master
No players from the state of Illinois, let alone chicago, you would think they could tap into the Chicago market for a player or 3, but NO.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No players from the state of Illinois, let alone chicago, you would think they could tap into the Chicago market for a player or 3, but NO.

Located on the south side of Chicago where plenty of hoopsters call home.

Very strange.

Valuist

EOG Master
Rail,

What's your take on UCLA? They looked great in the tourney last year but based on their resume, they were an 11 seed. OT win in play in game. If MSU puts them away, how much lower is their current power rating? Obviously talented offensively but they just let Long Beach shoot 58% from the field. The difference was a plus 16 edge in turnovers. They clearly like to gamble a lot defensively so have to look at overs for them. Long Beach was right there for entire first half.

railbird

EOG Master
Rail,

What's your take on UCLA? They looked great in the tourney last year but based on their resume, they were an 11 seed. OT win in play in game. If MSU puts them away, how much lower is their current power rating? Obviously talented offensively but they just let Long Beach shoot 58% from the field. The difference was a plus 16 edge in turnovers. They clearly like to gamble a lot defensively so have to look at overs for them. Long Beach was right there for entire first half.
Tiger Williams is the weak link, juzang and jaquez are great but they are not overly talented past that, cronins teams play well in march, the eye test says they are not top 5 or even top 10, but they find ways to beat more talented teams.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You think Chicago State struggles with its men's basketball program?

Not compared to academics.

The graduation rate at Chicago State in 2016 fell to an abysmal 11%.

I doubt that number is revealed in any of the school literature.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
You think Chicago State struggles with its men's basketball program?

Not compared to academics.

The graduation rate at Chicago State in 2016 fell to an abysmal 11%.

I doubt that number is revealed on any of the school literature.
new coach 35 yr old Gerald Gillon from Fla is an elite reciuiter, hence the Florida freshman recruits

Final score: Loyola-Chicago 92 Chicago State 56.

Wow, was that a last minute sweat for bettors or what? Worst part of game with that big a line is if its close you're going to depend on guys who really shouldn't be on the court to determine your bet's fate.

blueline

EOG Master
fun and excitement for everyone the last 30 seconds

0:28 Saint Thomas Turnover. 56 - 90
0:17 Jameon Harris missed Jumper. 56 - 90
0:17 Ryan Schwieger Defensive Rebound. 56 - 90
0:10 Foul on Jameon Harris. 56 - 90
0:10 Ryan Schwieger made Free Throw. 56 - 91
0:10 Ryan Schwieger made Free Throw. 56 - 92
0:03 Dominique Alexander missed Layup. 56 - 92
0:03 Saint Thomas Defensive Rebound. 56 - 92
0:00 End of Game 56 - 92

Valuist

EOG Master
For a team from not an obscure conference, Central Michigan is horribly bad. They entered today at 326 in Ken Pom, with a 1-7 record; the lone win over 347nd ranked Eastern Illinois. Today they hosted Western Illinois. WIU was in a real bad spot. Not just the second of a back to back, but a home game yesterday, then a 475 mile bus ride, lose an hour to Eastern time, and a 1 pm start in Mt. Pleasant. So could the Chippewas take advantage? Nope. Instead they got blown up; giving up a 97 spot and losing by 27 to the travel weary WIU.

blueline

EOG Master
I knew they were playing today...didnt realize it started at noon.

Looks like Chicago St took the money...money waa wrong.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chicago State led 27-22 at the break.

And then the real game began.

Final score: Northern Illinois 70 Chicago State 59.

Last edited: