WNBA 2023

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 20 Thursday
Atl Conn over 167.5

La sparks minn under 162.5 (love love this)

Coach reeves has been preaching defense during the break as minn allowed a wnba record for pts in b2b games before the all star break. The 1h vs atlanta didn't seem to be any difference with the dream having an offensive rating of 1.35 ppp.

The halftime locker room must have had a few f bombs dropped and things changed. Minn held atlanta to just 29 2h pts and an off rating of 0.7 ppp. They were down 22 in the 1H and battled back to cut it to one in the 4Q

The light came on for this lynx team.

Now they are back at home facing a sparks team that isn't healthy. Their last two meetings had a total points of 149 and 128 and yet this is the highest total of their three meetings. (Second meeting closed 160.5)

Lexi brown is expected back for the sparks which might explain the small uptick in the total. But I see this lynx team being inspired to play defensively after their last two home games they allowed over 100 points in each.

I see a change that isn't in this market number. Minn doesn't play fast yet the focus on defense for the Lynx isn't being accounted for in the market.

Really love this play

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Lynx have the Sparks number this year (4-0). You knew up 5 late Sparks would not hold it. Can't rely on only one player (Canada) for points late.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Lynx have the Sparks number this year (4-0). You knew up 5 late Sparks would not hold it. Can't rely on only one player (Canada) for points late.
The way the total was climbing (closed 165) I thought for sure lexi brown was playing

I think coach reeves (lynx hc) is getting to this team that defense is where they can see success

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 20 Thursday
Atl Conn over 167.5

La sparks minn under 162.5 (love love this)

Coach reeves has been preaching defense during the break as minn allowed a wnba record for pts in b2b games before the all star break. The 1h vs atlanta didn't seem to be any difference with the dream having an offensive rating of 1.35 ppp.

The halftime locker room must have had a few f bombs dropped and things changed. Minn held atlanta to just 29 2h pts and an off rating of 0.7 ppp. They were down 22 in the 1H and battled back to cut it to one in the 4Q

The light came on for this lynx team.

Now they are back at home facing a sparks team that isn't healthy. Their last two meetings had a total points of 149 and 128 and yet this is the highest total of their three meetings. (Second meeting closed 160.5)

Lexi brown is expected back for the sparks which might explain the small uptick in the total. But I see this lynx team being inspired to play defensively after their last two home games they allowed over 100 points in each.

I see a change that isn't in this market number. Minn doesn't play fast yet the focus on defense for the Lynx isn't being accounted for in the market.

Really love this play
I can only hope to take advantage of more lynx totals that are this easy.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 21 Friday
New York Liberty -6 1st half -110

BIG 1h play here. Breana Stewart has been dogshit in the first two meetings because the combo of Della-Donne and Shakira Austin have been a nightmare for her. Both athletic and long and able to stay with her on the perimeter while Austin handles her own in the post.

Well they are both out tonight. That means bench players will take their shots at her. Stewie eats big time tonight. She was 4-17 in their last matchup and I'm sure she looks to improve on this performance.

Washington doesn't have the fire power to keep this close in the 1H. I don't trust the liberty to lay 10.5 on the road here as they literally can look like the #12 team in the league for stretches.

I'll look for Stewie to get fed early and often and for the NYL to get off to a fast start here.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
big big big 2h total

nyl wash over 80 2h -110

both teams on fire from 3pt range and neither are defending the paint at all. Wash missed about 6 lay ups in the 1st half. Pace is 46 possessions which is super fast for a wnba game.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
big big big 2h total

nyl wash over 80 2h -110

both teams on fire from 3pt range and neither are defending the paint at all. Wash missed about 6 lay ups in the 1st half. Pace is 46 possessions which is super fast for a wnba game.
Easy winner

92 pts
38 2h pts in the paint. Wash still missed about 10 lay-ups in the 2h.
10 combined 3s in 2h

This wash team has zero inside resistance without austin and Della donne. DD is expected back July 25th so that means griner on the 23rd gets to score at will

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
La sparks Dallas und 83.5 1h -110
Strong total as this Dallas team is different on the defensive end at home

Sparks playing slow which is a good combo w a strong wings D

choslamshe

EOG Master
No Delle Donne and no Austin and Griner may as well be 5'2. She can't move at all, just looks awful. Griner has never given a shit and combined with Tarausi's belief she's still a top scorer in the league...decimate this team night in and night out.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I have to cuss out the phx coaching staff. Griner has 5 inches on her defender and she isn't touching the ball at all. Should get doubles leaving Cunningham to shoot all day.

Nope

Just taking terrible deep twos

Yes griner doesn't give a flying fk. Doesn't move on D to block shots in the paint.
I got fouled into playing a 1st quarter over thinking griner would have a field day

Nope
Just trash

Heim

EOG Master
Awww....how cute, Connecticut Sun stars Bonner and Thomas announce their engagement 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

Let's see how long the excitement lasts when they see the same thing in the locker room they see at home.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Awww....how cute, Connecticut Sun stars Bonner and Thomas announce their engagement 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

Let's see how long the excitement lasts when they see the same thing in the locker room they see at home.
I heard them announce this during the game.

My question is how are two alphas getting married. Both are street fighters you don't mess with

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

DeWanna Bonner was previously married to former WNBA player Candice Dupree.

Easy come, easy go.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Years ago, you could bet a WNBA team loaded with lesbians against a team of straight girls.

Today, it's hard to find the straight girls.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
New York Liberty center Sue Wicks was the first WNBA player to come out of the closet.

The year was 2002.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 25
These two lines cannot be correct given each team's current form

Atlanta -7 vs phx
Atlanta -4.5 1h

Indiana +4.5 @ la sparks
Indiana +2.5 1h

Atlanta and Indiana are playing way better than their current record while the complete opposite is true of phx and the sparks.

Taurasi is out again but griner is playing which means the paint will be wide open for the dream since Brittney does a fantastic job of impersonating a swinging gate than a shot blocker. Betty white has better side to side movement than she does. Yes I mean in Betty white's current form today

choslamshe

EOG Master
GL today Sports.

A bit nervous with the Fever. Nalyssa Smith being out gives them a completely different (bad) dynamic in their front court. Just the same, Sparks getting Lexie and Clarendon back now adds another level to their offense...well at least to the point of not seeing Jordin Canada continue to be so mediocre at best. The OVER is something I'm looking at instead...

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 26
Wash minn under 160.5

This is the exact same total as the first meeting yet washington will be without Austin, Della donned, Tolliver, and Atkins.

Both of these teams are very defensive focused coming out of the break. Expecting both teams to get near 80 points is a stretch imo.

I would be very surprised if this finishes in the 150s

Heim

EOG Master
Aces guard Riquna Williams was ordered released from custody on Wednesday after she was arrested and accused of domestic violence against her wife.

JK loves this kinda stuff....

Like the old joke, they have every right to be just as miserable as hetero couples....

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 26
Wash minn under 160.5

This is the exact same total as the first meeting yet washington will be without Austin, Della donned, Tolliver, and Atkins.

Both of these teams are very defensive focused coming out of the break. Expecting both teams to get near 80 points is a stretch imo.

I would be very surprised if this finishes in the 150s
Biggest miss of the year. 66 1q points. Zero defense as Washington is playing super fast and minnesota is happy to run with them.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
July 27 Thursday
Ind +3
Ind ML +135
Sparks lexie brown is ruled out and she is a big piece of this sparks offense that has struggled without her this season. Is this accounted for in the line? Yes. It closed 4.5 on Tuesday so she is probably worth 1.5. Realisticly she is worth more based on the sparks results without her.

They went 2-11 SU without her in late June losing by an average 11.4 pts. Even if you remove the 28 pt loss to atlanta them the average loss is 9.8 pts

Indiana is live here for a straight up win.

Atlanta +9
No idea how this line is only a half point lower than an earlier meeting when atlanta is playing much better. I'm sure people are fooled by the liberty highlights of scoring 44 in a quarter and Sabrina making threes from the parking lot. Truth is this liberty team struggles to stop people. Atlanta is the better defensive team who has no problem running with the liberty. 9 is a complete way too much.

H2h history shows the visitor is 8-2 ats and that includes 3-0 ats this season

choslamshe

EOG Master
Letdown for the Liberty on the second of a b2b? No Collier for the Lynx tonight, would seem the Liberty could name their score.

Another game for the Mystics without Delle Donne, Atkins, and Austin. Despite keeping their last 3 losses pretty close, they still lost to both the Lynx and Fever with this lineup. Dallas moved to 9ish in most places now and can't argue against it. The Wings desperatly need one of Sims or Burton to emerge as an 'off the bench' consistent threat. Their front court is arguably the best in the league when they can throw out Sabally, Howard, and McCowan, but situational ball and of course fouls may force these three to not be on the court together, and when that happens, Dallas can fall apart.

Chicago/Seattle a battle of inefficiency. Total at 162ish and I see that being more of a ceiling for these teams right now. Might look at the under.