WNBA 2023

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Vegas was pissed that the last second shot by NY at the end was taken/went in. Add some fuel to the rematch these teams play in a couple of days.

Vegas might beat them by 20+ in two nights when they play again.
I dont necessarily agree.

I thought after vegas got crushed in NY they would show up tonight.

For some reason this is back to back games where the nyL were the better defensive team and Stewart got the better of Wilson in the h2h match.

I think this has to cast some doubt in the ace's idea of getting to another title and has the liberty walking on air in that they know they can compete and beat this super team anywhere.

This also shows Hammon's lack of ideas in terms of changing strategy in game as NYL had multiple big runs to pull away.

This game, given it was at home and for the cup, might be a mental edge for this liberty team heading into the playoffs.

Heim

EOG Master
Simple for Liberty last night, defend the P & R to Wilson and defend the three. They don't run anything sophisticated.

Liberty has the best big tandem. Vandersloot is a top 3 pg. And Ionesce as good as any from trifecta land.

'Sports' says paper tiger, I only saw tiger last night.

Heim

EOG Master
I know Jones got the MVP last night, but without Ionescu hitting those long 3s when the gap was narrowing, Liberty might not
win....moreover, her defense was tenacious on Plum and at times Young.

I love how Jones physically backs players away from the basket when she's underneath and they call a foul on the opponent.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Almost the same lines for the rematch tonight. Liberty were likely just as pumped to win the last game as they would be any game, considering they each pocketed 30k which for some is 1/4 to 1/2 of their full year salary.

With the way the teams came out last game, I'm expecting some scoring early. And with the last second drama of NYs last bucket and how pissed LAV was (particularly Chelsea Gray), would it shock anyone to see a massive NYL letdown and/or LAV beatdown tonight?

Game still in LAV.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Almost the same lines for the rematch tonight. Liberty were likely just as pumped to win the last game as they would be any game, considering they each pocketed 30k which for some is 1/4 to 1/2 of their full year salary.

With the way the teams came out last game, I'm expecting some scoring early. And with the last second drama of NYs last bucket and how pissed LAV was (particularly Chelsea Gray), would it shock anyone to see a massive NYL letdown and/or LAV beatdown tonight?

Game still in LAV.
From a number standpoint this shouldn't be 6.5

But the situation.... makes sense

I'm going to watch.

I did play under 175.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Vegas was pissed that the last second shot by NY at the end was taken/went in. Add some fuel to the rematch these teams play in a couple of days.

Vegas might beat them by 20+ in two nights when they play again.

Or not, despite having multiple DD leads throughout this game, Vegas just in a sucky lull. I don't know why Wilson can't play the same big minutes as the games other stars. She's soft, and her softness results in their other bigs and other subs getting minutes which will kill them.

At this point I wouldn't even consider LAV in a best of series against NY.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Or not, despite having multiple DD leads throughout this game, Vegas just in a sucky lull. I don't know why Wilson can't play the same big minutes as the games other stars. She's soft, and her softness results in their other bigs and other subs getting minutes which will kill them.

Gray mocks the NY bench with a fake shot attempt with five seconds left in the game and then kept talking.

I think we have a rivalry

I agree. Wilson confuses me. Mvp talent but not against anyone in her talent and size category.

Liberty didn't seem interested tonight as if they now know they can beat vegas anywhere. They are right.

I said vegas -300 was a steal a few weeks ago to win the title.

It's probably -130 now

Heim

EOG Master
Sparks in a must win tonight lose to 'dead' Storm.

Tomorrow's card should be interesting, every game has playoff implications

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
After Storm's terrible, embarrassing performance @ the end of Chicago game I didn't know if they could get 5 real players to try to win...surprising

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Sparks in a must win tonight lose to 'dead' Storm.

Tomorrow's card should be interesting, every game has playoff implications
just another case of "must win" doesn't equate to covering.

talk about a completely dead effort getting run out in the 1Q.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't know what's going on in the WNBA? I watched the highlights of Sky & Storm the other day. Storm rebounds a missed ft with 15 seconds left, down 5 (75-80)...they decide to run out the clock. 🤔

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I don't know what's going on in the WNBA? I watched the highlights of Sky & Storm the other day. Storm rebounds a missed ft with 15 seconds left, down 5 (75-80)...they decide to run out the clock. 🤔
This is the most confusing part of the wnba. It's as if all the coaches agree not to turn end games into foul fests.

I would say this is a one off situation that you saw but it's not. It's the standard for some odd reason

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting, teams down 2-0 in playoffs have never come back and won in 16 playoff series (5 games).