American Idol...anyone watching?

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted
Re: American Idol...anyone watching?

my buddy David taking on John Lennon tonight....might be a little much for him, but he did a nice job.....the kid can sing....

about time for jacuzzi to go......and the drama queen too...he's about done
I should of took David before the start of last week at +500. Now +233 at WSEX.

My pick Kady is becoming more of a long shot. With Kristy and Alaina performing well last week. These 3 hot blonds could cancel each other out. David seems like a very good pick at the start of last week. His popularity is incredible.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

No, i havent made my prediction yet....but that wasnt the guy i was talking about.....i was talking about the other guy who sang Bryan Adams, the 16 year old.....also the guy who sang Bohemian Rhapsody was good, and i like the girl with the streaky hair, and the real raspy voice....

But i will make my prediction once the 24 perform the first time....

I have had the winner 3 out of 4 years from the top 24...missed last year, my girl finished 5th..

It was David Archuleta that i was talking about, and after last night, I am even more confident in my choice for him as this year's winner....I knew he would have a great shot, if he got to the "audience" vote part, as he will garner lots of votes....after seeing him sing last night, he will get a ton of votes from others as well.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpVuogzmWhg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpVuogzmWhg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

It was David Archuleta that i was talking about, and after last night, I am even more confident in my choice for him as this year's winner....I knew he would have a great shot, if he got to the "audience" vote part, as he will garner lots of votes....after seeing him sing last night, he will get a ton of votes from others as well.....

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpVuogzmWhg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
I should of took your advice last week when he was around +500 to win.

He is close to even money now. David popularity is outrageous now. I think Paula wants to jump on top of him.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I should of took your advice last week when he was around +500 to win.

He is close to even money now. David popularity is outrageous now. I think Paula wants to jump on top of him.

she's already said twice that she wants to squeeze him til he pops...lol

dirty

EOG Master

You are probably correct Thor...

I remember Hoffa used to have some good plays on American Idol

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

funny i was turning the channel and see this idol rewind on WGN....its the 2nd season......show looks so much smaller and cheaper....amazing how it has evolved.....there was some talent on there though

Journeyman

EOG Master

This girl Carly Smithson, damn, belting it out!

Last week heart this week another powerful performance....she's gonna be hard to beat.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

This girl Carly Smithson, damn, belting it out!

Last week heart this week another powerful performance....she's gonna be hard to beat.

have to wait to watch it....our local fox affiliate shows the UK SEC games live, so that Ego can watch them..:rolleyes:

So it is delayed til after the game..

Journeyman

EOG Master

lol Buc

Brooke with another nice effort, acoustic. She is dreamy, can't believe she is just 24 :) ..... she kinda has that raspy Rod Stewart Kim Carnes sound.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Paula could not complete a coherent sentence last night. Glazed look, rambling and incoherent. What a disaster. They might as well held this year's in a nursery there are so many plants.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Paula could not complete a coherent sentence last night. Glazed look, rambling and incoherent. What a disaster. They might as well held this year's in a nursery there are so many plants.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Frog i tape the show and just blow by whatever she says. At least Randy has added a few words to his vocabuary and is tolerable this year. Paula says the same shit each and every time.

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

Simon gives Amanda the nod for best of the night.
This means my pick Kady should be a goner on Thursday. I am pissed that Alaina got the boot last week. I thought Alaina may of had a shot to win. Amanda, IMO last week was the worst.

Archangel8

EOG Veteran

placed a few tickets the other day that I think will be very good bets against the favorite:

<TABLE class=report2><TBODY><TR><TH>Ticket #</TH><TH>Accepted</TH><TH>Type</TH><TH>Risk</TH><TH>To Win</TH><TR class=ticketcolor1><TD> 20453809-1 </TD><TD>3/4/2008 3:24 PM </TD><TD>Future/Prop </TD><TD>100</TD><TD>3,200</TD></TR><TR class=ticketcolor1><TD class=WMSMS id=submenu_0 colSpan=6>Entertainment - Odds to Win American Idol - (American Idol Season 7) - Brooke White +3200
</TD><TR class=ticketcolor2><TD> 20453791-1 </TD><TD>3/4/2008 3:23 PM </TD><TD>Future/Prop </TD><TD>100</TD><TD>2,500</TD></TR><TR class=ticketcolor2><TD class=WMSMS id=submenu_1 colSpan=6>Entertainment - Odds to Win American Idol - (American Idol Season 7) - Syesha Mercado +2500
<TABLE class=report2><TBODY><TR class=ticketcolor2><TD> 20450254-1 </TD><TD>3/4/2008 3:39 AM </TD><TD>Future/Prop </TD><TD>200</TD><TD>1,240</TD></TR><TR class=ticketcolor2><TD class=WMSMS id=submenu_3 colSpan=6>Entertainment - Odds to Win American Idol - (American Idol Season 7) - Michael Johns +620
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Archangel8

EOG Veteran

well, aside from the favorite, David Archuleta, these 3 have great voices that are unique and different, they are consistent every week and when i see them perform, i notice a certain star quality in them..i am confident all 3 of them will make the final 6..anyhow, makes the show a little more interesting for me to watch..who do you feel has the best chances against the favorite

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

You know I gave up on betting that shit when I had Daughtry and they fixed the phones so when you voted for him and it went to McPhee. And talentless Taylor Hicks won. This year is worse as there are close to 6 or 7 plants still in it. Many have had recording contracts already. After last year's talentless final 12 I guess they had to do something. They will pick the winner, again, and it ain't in your bunch, I think it is plant one, two or three, who they incessantly pimp whether they are proven busts in the music industry or not. It is more of sham than it has ever been. Since you asked...

Best Wishes...OF :cocktail

Journeyman

EOG Master

I like Brooke a lot, picked her as the winner first time she sung for the audition, just like when I picked Carrie Underwood first time she sung (my pick in old Rx thread)...

I really like Carly Smithson though, she does Ann Wilson as good as Ann Wilson does Ann Wilson.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I like Brooke a lot, picked her as the winner first time she sung for the audition, just like when I picked Carrie Underwood first time she sung (my pick in old Rx thread)...

I really like Carly Smithson though, she does Ann Wilson as good as Ann Wilson does Ann Wilson.

You mean Carly Hennesee, who bombed after a 2.2 million dollar investment from MCA? She sold 326 CD's. So she married a tattooed freak, which you never see, and has been a ringer from the word go. Both Simons, Simon Cowell the front man, and Simon Fuller the power behind the scenes have been pimpin her for years, but she got her visa revoked, but it is ok now, with her tat faced hubby. The entire concept of the show was to find undiscovered talent, not retry failed losers. Were you one of the 326 that bought her first CD?

Might be a collector's item now.

Carly Smithson Hates VFTW

Posted by thefunnystone on March 5, 2008 - 11:51pm
Tags:

VFTW single handedly ruined Carly Smithson's chances of winning by posting about her plantiness and spreading it around the internet. Some of us felt slightly bad for the lying ho, but her recent lies on the show ("my record label imploded and left me behind... 2 years after they kicked me off.") confirmed that she's a loser. Now, in an apparent retaliation, she answers a question in her latest Americanidol.com Q&A:
What has been your favorite "Idol" moment in the past six seasons?

When Sanjaya got voted off.

Oh it's on now, Carly. Sanjaya is the VFTW messiah, and you don't mess with him. Now we will not feel bad when we mention how ugly you tend to look. VFTW needs an enemy to make fun of to keep us laughing, thanks for making it easy on us. And hopefully this year, poetic justice will occur and a VFTW pick will kick your sorry butt to the curb.
P.S. Even though we've mentioned it 100 times, just wanted to reiterate that Carly Plantson was at MCA Records at the same time as Randy Jackson. Disqualify her!

550) {this.width = 550;}">

Your a fool J man.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

As far as Carrie being your pick, if memory serves correct it was Identity and me that had here, I had her, nicknamed her blondie, and things go better with Bo, as the final two.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I said I picked Brooke out of the gate...I do like Carly though afer the past 2 weeks.

Yes I am a fool, I think I ve been called every name in the book actually.

Not everybody has success the first time around.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I said I picked Brooke out of the gate...I do like Carly though afer the past 2 weeks.

Yes I am a fool, I think I ve been called every name in the book actually.

Not everybody has success the first time around.

Maybe in your next life you will.

Best Wishes...OF :cocktail

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

glad to see that Danny Noriega got the boot tonight...well deserved....i pretty much agreed with the way it went....gonna be some good music coming up with this final 12 this year...

Go David and Carly..

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah I love Carly and Brooke....

Carly is a bad MoFo, what a booming voice.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

tonight is when it REALLY begins....

the top 12 perform in one night, on the big stage, with the band and all....this is when it starts to get good..

But i still stand by my early prediction, that David Archuleta will be your champion..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

carly was awesome again tonight, no surprise......Chekezee(sp) was actually pretty good, and David Cook just did a great rendition of Eleanor Rigby..

Since its Lennon and McCartney night, will be interesting to see if David Archuleta would dare do "Imagine" again......he blew them away with it early, but would be a risk to repeat it..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Brooke does a very nice job on "Let it Be".....

I really like this girl too...after she did Carly Simon that week, i really like the tone of her voice...

Journeyman

EOG Master

Brooke baby!

Carly very solid ,but she could see Happy Birthday and advance!

I am going with my original choice Brooke , that is who I hope wins.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

How ironic, David Hernandez sings "I saw HER standing there".....LOL

He might be gone this week

Blondie

EOG Master

According to an Associated Press report here, David Hernandez once worked as a male stripper at Dick’s Cabaret, appearing fully nude and performing lap dances for the club’s “mostly male” clientele, club manager Gordy Bryan said Monday.
“He had the look and the type that people like, so he made pretty good money here,” Bryan said.
Will this get David Hernandez disqualified? Hope not, he’s a good singer and besides, some people really have to do what they can to make a living, so let’s not judge.

American Idol 7 David Hernandez Scandal | emigrestudio.com

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow, David blew it tonight...forget the lyrics, and he might actually be in danger.....i would think people will give him "one bad week" since he has been so strong......but he really put himself in danger, as he was a front runner going in, but really was NOT GOOD tonigth