"COVID-19 herd immunity strategy could lead to 'overwhelming death and devastation' "

billysink

EOG Dedicated
So what. You ignored most of my post. And Sweden's 3 Nordic neighbours did not require masks either yet have been a success compared to Sweden's dismall failure:

"Sweden has way more total deaths than their 3 Nordic neighbours (Norway, Finland, Denmark) combined while Sweden has a 50% larger population than the 3 of them combined. And Sweden is no better off economically. Clearly hard lockdowns, as occurred in those 3 nations, were the superior choice to Sweden's soft voluntary isolation approach.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677"

Sweden is getting more restrictive & increasingly abandoning their open society early pandemic "herd immunity" approach. It failed.

"Sweden is different brother, it's just you know, like different. Sweden has cities and stuff so its like, just totally different. And really smart too.

They aced this thing because they have like these cities and that's like herd immunity guaranteed.

They are not ahead of the curve they actually are the curve!!

Cities did it, the rest of you are stupid."

-Dr. Dick Raiders-

"Sweden is a mess. We should learn from their mistake(s)."

Discontent rises in Sweden as coronavirus cases spike
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven urged Swedes to ‘stop looking for excuses’ to ignore COVID-19 rules.
www.politico.eu

Sweden Uses ‘Unprecedented’ Covid Restrictions as Cases Soar
Sweden resorted to its toughest restrictions yet to fight the coronavirus pandemic, after a spike in new cases led to a steady influx of infected people filling intensive care beds.
www.bloomberg.com

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/sweden-model-deemed-a-success.723536/page-5#post-6877306

mr merlin

EOG Master

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven urged Swedes to ‘stop looking for excuses’ to ignore COVID-19 rules.
www.politico.eu

Sweden resorted to its toughest restrictions yet to fight the coronavirus pandemic, after a spike in new cases led to a steady influx of infected people filling intensive care beds.
www.bloomberg.com

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/sweden-model-deemed-a-success.723536/page-5#post-6877306
Fake news, bloomberg is well known for that, for instance they say that these restrictions will blunt the "recovery", they dont have a recovery since they never had a major shutdown. .

Sweden is in a enviable position compared to almost every other european nation. they are THE model for others to emulate.

Fake news, bloomberg is well known for that, for instance they say that these restrictions will blunt the "recovery", they dont have a recovery since they never had a major shutdown. .

An idiotic remark. The word "recovery" does not refer to "a major shutdown" but to the "economy":

"...the restrictions now being put in place are likely to dent the recovery. Bloomberg Economics says Sweden’s economy looks set to contract in the fourth quarter."

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/sweden-imposes-unprecedented-covid-restrictions-as-cases-soar

Sweden is in a enviable position compared to almost every other european nation. they are THE model for others to emulate.

If Sweden were located where other countries were such as Italy are & had an aged population such as Italy has, & an influx of many Wuhan visitors early in the pandemic as Italy had & a hug the Chinese program as Italy had, Sweden would be far - far - worse off than they are now. So comparing Sweden's voluntary shutdown strategy to "almost every other european nation" is irrelevant & like comparing apples to banana peels or rocket ships. The most valid comparison of Sweden is with their 3 Nordic neighbours. And in that regard Sweden is an utter failure.

"Sweden has way more total deaths than their 3 Nordic neighbours (Norway, Finland, Denmark) combined while Sweden has a 50% larger population than the 3 of them combined. And Sweden is no better off economically. Clearly hard lockdowns, as occurred in those 3 nations, were the superior choice to Sweden's soft voluntary isolation approach.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677"

Sweden is getting more restrictive & increasingly abandoning their open society early pandemic "herd immunity" approach. It failed.

You live in a dreamland, of course you can compare sweden to most other european countries, just as you can compare Wi with SD, or NB with Mn, or Mass with NJ, - even though they dont touch.

Picking and choosing to prove points does the opposite, it shows your point is weak, not strong.

Sweden shares many more societal norms with their 3 Nordic neighbours that they don't share with other European countries. And obviously they share a similar location up isolated in Northern Europe. They generally all didn't wear masks, either. And they all generally follow health guidelines, moreso than many others. Furthermore, if you had read the links i posted you'ld realize why those 3 Nordic countries is an apples with apples comparison proving Sweden as an utter failure. And you'ld realize why its invalid & ignorant to mention comparisons with other countries.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Time for a reality check X files - todays death tolls...
france - 582
spain - 537
UK - 608
italy - 853
germany - 392
poland - 540
belgium - 137
netherlands - 90
Czeck - 139

Then you have sweden - with 15, and it looks like they're avg is dropping, every other country has lockdowns - some extremely harsh , while sweden sails along.

Time for a reality check X files - todays death tolls...
france - 582
spain - 537
UK - 608
italy - 853
germany - 392
poland - 540
belgium - 137
netherlands - 90
Czeck - 139

Then you have sweden - with 15, and it looks like they're avg is dropping, every other country has lockdowns - some extremely harsh , while sweden sails along.

Those numbers are higher than Sweden due to various reasons, such as bigger populations, "higher risk" populations, populations that are more congested, populations with more multi family & multi-generational living as opposed to people living alone, etc. So, again, you're comparing apples with banana peels & rocket ships. Your comparison is irrelevant. The only valid comparison is Sweden with its 3 Nordic neighbours. And that shows Sweden to be a horrible failure in its earlier pandemic response strategy of voluntary lockdowns. As i have shown you repeatedly, e.g.:

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677"

Recently initiated lockdowns are not the cause of the increase in autumn infections and deaths in Europe. Lockdowns are the solution to the problem. And BTW Sweden has changed their strategy to more of a lockdown strategy.

Last edited:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Per CDC tracker. Last 7 days deaths per state, by 1,000 residents. The top 4 states are red states, 16 out of the top 20 are red states. Probably just a coincidence and has nothing to do with ideology of residents. 😂 😂 😂

billysink

EOG Dedicated

www.politico.eu

www.bloomberg.com

Per CDC tracker. Last 7 days deaths per state, by 1,000 residents. The top 4 states are red states, 16 out of the top 20 are red states. Probably just a coincidence and has nothing to do with ideology of residents. 😂 😂 😂

Stupid people are the only ones dying now

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Those numbers are higher than Sweden due to various reasons, such as bigger populations, "higher risk" populations, populations that are more congested, populations with more multi family & multi-generational living as opposed to people living alone, etc. So, again, you're comparing apples with banana peels & rocket ships. Your comparison is irrelevant. The only valid comparison is Sweden with its 3 Nordic neighbours. And that shows Sweden to be a horrible failure in its earlier pandemic response strategy of voluntary lockdowns. As i have shown you repeatedly, e.g.:

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677"

Recently initiated lockdowns are not the cause of the increase in autumn infections and deaths in Europe. Lockdowns are the solution to the problem. And BTW Sweden has changed their strategy to more of a lockdown strategy.

Walk down your street till you spot a rotting pumpkin and read this to it.

You will get a more intelligent response.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Stupid people are the only ones dying now
Outstanding news that the virus is eliminated in the cities. Absolutely no correlation in those people going to other states and spreading it.

Are we still blaming Sturgis? I have this narrowed down to Trump rallies, Sturgis, and 1000 kids rushing the field at a ND game. Far more dangerous than people who responsibily celebrated in the streets all day for Biden in cities across the nation.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Outstanding news that the virus is eliminated in the cities. Absolutely no correlation in those people going to other states and spreading it.

Are we still blaming Sturgis? I have this narrowed down to Trump rallies, Sturgis, and 1000 kids rushing the field at a ND game. Far more dangerous than people who responsibily celebrated in the streets all day for Biden in cities across the nation.
Dont forget that maskless Coney barratt celebration on the white house lawn, the fake media actually said that might have killed 100,000 people.

Dont forget that maskless Coney barratt celebration on the white house lawn, the fake media actually said that might have killed 100,000 people.
No they didn’t

BTW-a few months ago I predicted 200K dead by Election Day and 300K dead by end of year

You laughed it off

You’re such a covidiot you fail to recognize the simple concept that rising cases results in rising deaths

PatsFanatic;13339645 said:
Nah, the other illnesses they are suffering from put them under, not the Chyna virus.

Without covid people who died due to a covid infection would have lived 10 years longer, on average.

So, no, it's not any comorbidity that killed them.

You're wrong, as usual.

Covid killed them.

That is beaten quite easily with good health, living right, strong immune system.

Irrelevant. Obviously such things are not presently a choice for many people.

98.2% of deaths in MASS had underlying conditions.

Cherry picking. One little dot on the globe is not the whole universe.

If you're one of those people you should stay clear of others.

That fantasy doesn't jive with reality in the real world where people have to eat, work, get medicine, hospital care & live with other people.

"Herd immunity is an inoperable plan, teetering on a false assumption of elderly-cocooning, which encourages young people to play craps with the long-term health of their internal organs. The choice is yours. You can listen to the scientists. Or you can roll the dice with your guts."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...ung-healthy-people-have-fear-covid-19/616087/

Everybody else its hardly a cold.

Except when it isn't & young healthy people suffer or die from covid:

"I was infected with coronavirus in March, six months on I’m still unwell

Charlie Russell, 27, is one of an estimated 600,000 people with post-Covid illness, a condition that may give an insight into ME

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-still-unwell

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Stupid is not a political party.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Stupid is not a political party.
Just an ideology, to others it's a way of life.

One thing I'm having a hard time embracing is the study that X-files posted. People who have died with covid would have lived 10 years longer without it? To me it is way too soon to determine that. I would think that would apply more to that people who have had it and survined. Is there a guess on how much it potentially shortens their life?

mr merlin

EOG Master

One thing I'm having a hard time embracing is the study that X-files posted. People who have died with covid would have lived 10 years longer without it? To me it is way too soon to determine that. I would think that would apply more to that people who have had it and survined. Is there a guess on how much it potentially shortens their life?
In any pandemic overall deaths should be rising, and by a lot, at least so far deaths are running only slightly ahead of a "normal" year, nowhere near the 250K extra that is the official death toll.

In any pandemic overall deaths should be rising, and by a lot, at least so far deaths are running only slightly ahead of a "normal" year, nowhere near the 250K extra that is the official death toll.

In many places there is evidence that deaths have risen by a lot:

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/worldwide-c-19-deaths-under-reported-by-130-000.720894/

Unlike other recent pandemics, extreme safety measures were employed this time with C-19. Those measures saved many lives from dying from causes they would have otherwise died from without such drastic measures.

What is obviously clear is due to lockdowns:

1) serious vehicular accidents & deaths are way way down
2) flu deaths & serious complications have decreased tremendously
3) C-19 ill health & deaths are far less due to the lockdowns
4) likewise probably other communicable diseases (e.g. tuberculosis, HIV) have been greatly reduced by the extreme safety measures in place
5) street crimes have probably been highly reduced.
6) families have been able to spend more time together enjoying each others company while free from the slavery of that 4 letter word "work" that the vast majority hate. Giving more time for quality of life activities like sex & various entertainments.
7) abortions (child murder) are probably down.

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread...1#post13211637

billysink

EOG Dedicated
An idiotic remark. The word "recovery" does not refer to "a major shutdown" but to the "economy":

"...the restrictions now being put in place are likely to dent the recovery. Bloomberg Economics says Sweden’s economy looks set to contract in the fourth quarter."

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/sweden-imposes-unprecedented-covid-restrictions-as-cases-soar

If Sweden were located where other countries were such as Italy are & had an aged population such as Italy has, & an influx of many Wuhan visitors early in the pandemic as Italy had & a hug the Chinese program as Italy had, Sweden would be far - far - worse off than they are now. So comparing Sweden's voluntary shutdown strategy to "almost every other european nation" is irrelevant & like comparing apples to banana peels or rocket ships. The most valid comparison of Sweden is with their 3 Nordic neighbours. And in that regard Sweden is an utter failure.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677"

Sweden shares many more societal norms with their 3 Nordic neighbours that they don't share with other European countries. And obviously they share a similar location up isolated in Northern Europe. They generally all didn't wear masks, either. And they all generally follow health guidelines, moreso than many others. Furthermore, if you had read the links i posted you'ld realize why those 3 Nordic countries is an apples with apples comparison proving Sweden as an utter failure. And you'ld realize why its invalid & ignorant to mention comparisons with other countries.

You can't compare 3 countries that share borders, have nearly identical genetics and similar climates. Look it up fella Sweden is way, way different. It has those big cities and stuff like that. 88% of Sweden's population lives in cities!!! You look at Denmark, only 88% of their population lives in cities, Finland has only 86% and fukk Norway they have 83%. Those country's average ages are way, way far apart too, anywhere from 39-41, give or take.

To be fair, Sweden should be compared to Slovenia or San Marino, they at least start with the letter S, plus those countries all have weather.

I'm tired of all you people trying to compare Sweden to countries that are almost a mile away. I know math and stuff and I built a model ('66 Shelby GT350) that says the opposite of whatever the fukk you say. Plus I worked at the CBOE.

What's with the U in neighbors too fella? Who spells like that?

billysink

EOG Dedicated

No clue on that one brother. I know that If someone dies, they don't live much longer. How much longer? Not sure.

I know 3 folks who had it it, my sister, dude at the school and my lawyer in Detroit. They are all fukked up, 3-5 months after testing negative. The fighter got blood clots, lawyer is exhausted all the time and my sis got night paralysis episodes. That don't seem to be a recipe for longevity but I digress.

mr merlin

EOG Master
No clue on that one brother. I know that If someone dies, they don't live much longer. How much longer? Not sure.

I know 3 folks who had it it, my sister, dude at the school and my lawyer in Detroit. They are all fukked up, 3-5 months after testing negative. The fighter got blood clots, lawyer is exhausted all the time and my sis got night paralysis episodes. That don't seem to be a recipe for longevity but I digress.
That's interesting Billy, how come of the hundreds, even thousands of athletes, politicians, other famous people who've been publicaly announced as positive, none of them are "fukked up"?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In many places there is evidence that deaths have risen by a lot:

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/worldwide-c-19-deaths-under-reported-by-130-000.720894/

Unlike other recent pandemics, extreme safety measures were employed this time with C-19. Those measures saved many lives from dying from causes they would have otherwise died from without such drastic measures.

What is obviously clear is due to lockdowns:

1) serious vehicular accidents & deaths are way way down
2) flu deaths & serious complications have decreased tremendously
3) C-19 ill health & deaths are far less due to the lockdowns
4) likewise probably other communicable diseases (e.g. tuberculosis, HIV) have been greatly reduced by the extreme safety measures in place
5) street crimes have probably been highly reduced.
6) families have been able to spend more time together enjoying each others company while free from the slavery of that 4 letter word "work" that the vast majority hate. Giving more time for quality of life activities like sex & various entertainments.
7) abortions (child murder) are probably down.

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread...1#post13211637

I’m not sure why you continue to post this. There is a lot of pretzel logic here.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I know 3 that have/had it, same experiences.

That's interesting Billy, how come of the hundreds, even thousands of athletes, politicians, other famous people who've been publicaly announced as positive, none of them are "fukked up"?

"7 Celebrities With Scary Long-Term COVID Symptoms
THESE STARS ARE STILL STRUGGLING TO MANAGE TERRIFYING SYMPTOMS, MONTHS AFTER TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID.

... Long-term symptoms have been widely reported by COVID survivors, proving that the coronavirus stays with patients long after their CDC-recommended two-week self-isolation period is up.

https://bestlifeonline.com/celebrities-covid-symptoms/

"These Athletes Had the Coronavirus. Will They Ever Be the Same?

Von Miller of the Denver Broncos called the disease a “surreal” experience and said he struggled at first to work out. Other athletes have endured lingering lung and other health issues.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/s...-athletes.html

"21-Year-Old College Baseball Player Dies of Coronavirus"

[/URL]

"Francisco Garcia (21), Spanish football coach, died on March 17 in Malaga"

[/URL]

"Coronavirus: Japanese sumo wrestler dies at 28"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52644424

"28-year-old Houston doctor dies after battle with coronavirus

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...says-1.5115177

"From Puyallup High, Former Standout Athlete Loses Out to Covid-19

[/URL]

"Fact check: Several politicians have died or resigned because of COVID-19
The claim: No politicians have died or resigned due to COVID-19, or had their businesses looted
The nationwide death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic has reached over 200,000 and has affected many public figures, including celebrities, athletes and politicians. But a viral meme circulating on social media claims otherwise.

“Not one politician has died from the virus, lost their job, or had their business looted,” reads a Sept. 7 Facebook meme which features a photo of actor Tommy Lee Jones. “Y’all know you’re being played right?”

...U.S. politicians have died from the coronavirus

According to Ballotpedia, a nonprofit, nonpartisan website tracking deaths and diagnoses for politicians, eight politicians have died from COVID-19.

Among those is former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, who died in late July after a battle with coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-have-died-from-covid-19-pandemic/5786533002/

British PM Boris Johnson "Referring to how serious his condition was, Johnson said, "It could have gone either way."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-s-boris-johnson-has-showed-what-happens-when-n1241773

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I know 3 that have/had it, same experiences.

2800 dead yesterday.

Yesterday morning on Fox and Friends, one of the host told a story about his home state of Kansas. In summary he said back in July some cities in Kansas had mask mandates and some didn't. He goes on to say subsequent studies indicted Covid infections decreased substantially in the cities that had mask mandates and increased substantially in the cities that didn't have mask mandates. The good looking blond host sitting between the 2 male hosts comments "that shows blah, blah, blah". Can't remember her comment. The story teller responds "no, apparently masks do work". Yeah they do work, but unfortunately so many people don't think they help in stopping the spread. The misinformation started from Trump and the Un-American right wing leaders and their bucketful of un-American deplorables peddled the misinformation that has led to 10's of thousands of unfortunate deaths and many ridiculous debates about masks. Lets be clear, masks do work and anyone that thinks differently voted for Trump and is an obvious idiot.

mr merlin

EOG Master
2800 dead yesterday.

Yesterday morning on Fox and Friends, one of the host told a story about his home state of Kansas. In summary he said back in July some cities in Kansas had mask mandates and some didn't. He goes on to say subsequent studies indicted Covid infections decreased substantially in the cities that had mask mandates and increased substantially in the cities that didn't have mask mandates. The good looking blond host sitting between the 2 male hosts comments "that shows blah, blah, blah". Can't remember her comment. The story teller responds "no, apparently masks do work". Yeah they do work, but unfortunately so many people don't think they help in stopping the spread. The misinformation started from Trump and the Un-American right wing leaders and their bucketful of un-American deplorables peddled the misinformation that has led to 10's of thousands of unfortunate deaths and many ridiculous debates about masks. Lets be clear, masks do work and anyone that thinks differently voted for Trump and is an obvious idiot.
The fox people all live in NY and have to wear masks, therefore they think everyone should. What happened in kansas is the same as happened everywhere, the places with high cases start mask mandates and eventually they decline, later on other places that didn't have a lot of cases go through the same thing.

Masks dont work.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
The fox people all live in NY and have to wear masks, therefore they think everyone should. What happened in kansas is the same as happened everywhere, the places with high cases start mask mandates and eventually they decline, later on other places that didn't have a lot of cases go through the same thing.

Masks dont work.

You can always count on Merlin to come thru. Like I said, those that are anti masks voted for Trump and are obviously idiots. 😂 😂 😂 Nailed it again.

No pro athletes have died. They don't even know they have it, they have been tested. No politicians have died. Only a couple of people under 21 and they have big time underlying conditions.