Don't forget to bet against black coaches

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Not enough guys like Pierce coaching football these days. From his HS days......

"I just want to say that 27-0 isn’t enough for him because up 63-9 at halftime, Long Beach Poly High School head coach Antonio Pierce didn’t like how the team looked," Okmin said. "So, instead of going into the locker room, he took them behind the field, and they ran for 20 minutes. Gassers.

"They got a delay of game penalty because they were late for kickoff but won 99-9. Back me up guys, I brought up the story to Antonio. He didn’t crack a smile, saying ‘It’s about doing it right, man.’"

Love to have sons that played for this man. RACK HIM!!

railbird

EOG Master
Not enough guys like Pierce coaching football these days. From his HS days......

"I just want to say that 27-0 isn’t enough for him because up 63-9 at halftime, Long Beach Poly High School head coach Antonio Pierce didn’t like how the team looked," Okmin said. "So, instead of going into the locker room, he took them behind the field, and they ran for 20 minutes. Gassers.

"They got a delay of game penalty because they were late for kickoff but won 99-9. Back me up guys, I brought up the story to Antonio. He didn’t crack a smile, saying ‘It’s about doing it right, man.’"

only lb poly coach to miss the playoffs in 80 years

railbird

EOG Master
The Jackrabbits reached the CIF-SS Division 1 semifinals in 2014 in Pierce’s first year, then missed the playoffs in 2015 and were eliminated in the first round in 2016. This year Poly went 9-3 and was eliminated in the quarterfinals by eventual national champion Mater Dei.

Pierce said the part of his record that was most important to him was the fact that 52 Poly football players signed scholarships in his four-year tenure.

railbird

EOG Master
He is black jeff Saturday, will never here from him going forward. Will not have job 12 months from now, if he does they will be in last place.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Pierce said the part of his record that was most important to him was the fact that 52 Poly football players signed scholarships in his four-year tenure.

Good on him. I can't think of anything better as a HS coach than sending as many players as you can to college with a scholarship in hand.

Averaged 13 a year, that's more than half of your offense/defense starters. Wow!

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Every game I watch it appeared that Reid was always calling the plays...maybe that's not the case.l
Yes I believe he was, and still calling the plays this year as well.

So what's changed?

I'm not necessarily a big EB fan, just playing devil's advocate.

Fans think an OC's job starts and stops with who calls the plays on game day when nothing could be further from the truth.

That's the easy part, that's the fun part.

This year the Chiefs are DEAD LAST in 2H scoring!!? Not the Jets, the Titans, Carolina, Steelers....

The KC Chiefs!!

What has changed from last year to this one?

Somewhere EB laughs deep into the night..........

railbird

EOG Master

Wade

EOG Master
Deion Sanders lost his last 6 games and 8 out the last 9. 3-0 start and finished 4-8, great coach. He clearly lost the team with his BS. He'll always support his son over the other players.

railbird

EOG Master
i agree with this black guy, he is spot on

Wade

EOG Master
How has Detroit Piston's coach Monty Williams not been fired yet? They have lost 26 games in a row and that is why you bet against black coaches.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Got to give Tomlin props, 51 years old and never had a losing season. Not going to have one this year either.

The greatest coaches of all time can't even say that, just unreal as you know talent levels rise and fall over time.

In 100 years they're going to be talking about that Tomlin guy that went 40 years and never had a losing season.........

We are watching a historic run of a coach that is going to go down in the history books as one of the all-time greats.

railbird

EOG Master
Got to give Tomlin props, 51 years old and never had a losing season. Not going to have one this year either.

The greatest coaches of all time can't even say that, just unreal as you know talent levels rise and fall over time.

In 100 years they're going to be talking about that Tomlin guy that went 40 years and never had a losing season.........

We are watching a historic run of a coach that is going to go down in the history books as one of the all-time greats.
steelers have had 3 head coaches in 54 years, tomlin is 3rd best. Dick lebeau carried him, big drop off since Dick left.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
tomlin last playoff win was when Obama was president

Yeah nothing special, record is 8-9 in the playoffs.

You tend to take teams to the post-season that don't have a real chance when you get the most out of your team.

Great coaches often have mediocre play-off records because they take weak teams that don't really belong there.

BTW I'm not a fan of Coach Bowles but the Bucs sure playing some damn good football right now too.

We move on,

railbird

EOG Master

You tend to take teams to the post-season that don't have a real chance when you get the most out of your team.

Great coaches often have mediocre play-off records because they take weak teams that don't really belong there.

BTW I'm not a fan of Coach Bowles but the Bucs sure playing some damn good football right now too.

We move on,
bucks doing well because mayfield most underrated qb in football

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

We move on,
Major upgrade at QB has helped Evans.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Yep, still feel the same. He's got the Raiders playing FOOTBALL now!!

WOW!